MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MONDO - 1/6 Comic Style TMNT Figures Announced

WELP! I had no idea Threezero were doing these turtles, too. Unless they're drastically different to the point where I want both sets, I'll just be picking the best looking one and going with it. Bring on SDCC!

I'll be doing the same. Sadly they're just the clay sculpts so we may not know how they plan to paint them. But either way I'll be making my decision based on price and overall look.

Kevin Eastman has been drawing his turtles more or less the same since he started. You just have to look at his art covers for various issues of the IDW comic to see what they'll probably look like.

will be on display at sdcc
Diamond/DST: Diamond Showcases San Diego Comic-Con Booth and Events

they are eastman designed but could be a chance they arent exactly what we are expecting i.e. like the classic look of these mondo ones. could be more extreme like the more recent tmnt art by simon bisley. imagine eastman revisiting the turtles may have given him a chance to play around with the look, make them more bad-ass or rugged. dunno really til we see. could be classic as the mondo ones are but yeah worth keeping in mind.

Awesome thanks.

Almost like 1/6 scale neca turtles, might be getting these

Still waiting for Mondo to shop my lil Mikeys :/

Definately interesting! Want to see Threezero versions to.

TMNT is pretty much the only thing that can make me break my Star Wars-only rule :)

I wonder if Mondo's license is for strictly vinyl which is why this isn't mixed media? Like some have said, it just looks like a scaled up 5" figure which isn't going to warrant the eventual cost.

ThreeZero may have the 'true' 1/6 scale license. Looking forward to what they have to offer.

I might get them. It will all depend on price. I can't imagine them being too much considering they are scaled up versions of the NECA Turtles.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

looks like mezco/playmates

The turtles themselves are generally considered around 5 feet in the old mirage comics so they would be noticeably shorter than your average hot toys. That being said, instead of being 10 inches like they should, they're 11 which isn't a huge difference.

Then I won't be buying them either.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Mondo means mucho money. Look good but if 3z is doing the same figs they'll def be way cheaper.

yeah its goin on with Berserk as well, threezero and medicom are both doin 1/6 officially licensed guts black swordsman figs.

been told that tho its rare its not impossible, kinda up to the liscense holder(in this case the manga artist/author and publisher) if they want to let two companies or more do the same fig they can and will etc

True. And sometimes companies get limit region contracts that limits their release to certain regions only. Medicom with a Japan only release or great China region, etc.

I'm not sure why there are people saying these are "scaled up version of the NECA Turtles". Last time I remember, people are complaining about the NECA turtles necks are too long. The Mondo sculpts does not have that problem. The sculpts entirely different. People are just used to the term 1/6th scale figures being mixed media instead of entirely plastic. It's just a scale people. 5" figure can have fabric costumes as well. You can argue that NECA's 1/4th scale figures just look like giant size blown up versions of a regular 7" scale release. It's not as simple as it sounds.

I can't wait to find out the price and I'm probably more excited by the Three Zero Eastman-style figures since they will likely be mixed media. Ideally I would get both but it all depends on the Mondo price.

Back