Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice compilation of mods...going to do most of them so thanks ! easier now to figure what I need to do with mine :)..painted the eyelids on mine and it looks so much better..was going to do the squint mod but wanted to try painting it first cause it seems like on the real pics, his eye surrounds are totally blacked out..even a little glossy...not too keen on the gauntlet mod so I just heated the elbow pads and bend it a bit so now it doesn't stick out as much as it used to..

Rob

^^^ Do you have pics of your gauntlet mod?

Also, did you remove your eyes before painting the eyelids or is it easy to do without removing them?

This thread is awesome, and I may consider really doing the darkening around the eyes. But even then I feel that's to risky for my taste, I get nervous when I see all of you taking apart figures and modding them. It takes guts and talent; and I applaud all those who take on the modding on various collectibles on this board. I'm already a fairly clumsy guy, so I wouldn't be surprised if my figure spontaneously exploded while removing the PERS. So I will be following closely on this thread, and maybe I will get the nerve to actually customize a figure. Great work guys on the modding and organization of this thread!

^^^ Do you have pics of your gauntlet mod?

Also, did you remove your eyes before painting the eyelids or is it easy to do without removing them?

I'll take pics later on..

I did not have to remove the eyes..just use a small tip brush and a steady hand and you're good to go...did it in like two minutes..

Rob

I'd have a hard time explaining a broken head to my Wife after she spent $260 on him.....I do however have a very small tipped brush and plenty of black paint. ;)

Hi

I haven't received mine yet, but are any neck mods needed to get the DX12 Bruce Wayne head on a standard TrueType? I see that one is needed for the DX02 but just for length vs the neck piece

Hi

I haven't received mine yet, but are any neck mods needed to get the DX12 Bruce Wayne head on a standard TrueType? I see that one is needed for the DX02 but just for length vs the neck piece

Just size down the top of a normal neck adapter and insert into the DX12 Bruce sculpt. The neck adapter that comes with the DX12 won't fit a standard TT.

Mag's pictures explain it pretty well.

Maglor...i saw on one of your videos that you took out the pers system and just posing the eyes individually...this morning when i was moving the pers system on mine..one of the studs is missing so I took mine out too but the other stud that was left was being a pain..I did manage to take it of and then one of the eyeballs popped off..so i took out both eyeballs and did a do over on the painted eyelids..looks pretty good and just pop the eyeballs back in there...if I want to do the squint mod later on..should be easier now..

Rob

Just size down the top of a normal neck adapter and insert into the DX12 Bruce sculpt. The neck adapter that comes with the DX12 won't fit a standard TT.

Mag's pictures explain it pretty well.

Ok. Thanks. I got that the Bruce Wayne head wouldn't fit on the top of a standard neck adapter and that the DX12 neck adapter looked shorter. To my eyes in the photos, though, the bottom that snaps onto the ball on the TT looked about the same width. That's where my question came in if this mod was necessary for any kitbash with this head or just a DX02.

I had trouble sanding down one of the adapters for an old custom Alfred heads I got of this site and ended up warping the neck a bit after heating it and getting it on. Just replaced that with the "Old Man" sculpt, which looks great in person.

I already prepped and have the extra cowl neck that I did the neck mod on for when my figure shows up Monday. ordered extra hands to do the glove mod and will do the face place mod most likely. I have a few Lforigno capes, but don't know if I'll use the rayon one on this. The stock, from the review looks nice and I like that it clips in. I'm not keen on shoving a screwdriver down a $250 figure to get the rayon one in.Off the figure, I actually don't like it as much as his previous velvet ones that I use on my Begins/OC suit figures. It looks nice in Maglor's videos though.

Anyhow, thanks for the great tutorials. I'll take another shot with the dremel and the neck adapter. I'm swapping out the Toy Fair Wayne head with this one on a TT with a mix of the Hot Toys Tony Stark suit (unofficial one from years back) and shirt and tie from the Asmus Wayne suit.

Maglor: Are you up to any commissions for any of these mods? I don't trust myself.

Mags, can you explain a bit more about bending the elbow pads into place? Not too sure what you meant exactly.

Maglor...i saw on one of your videos that you took out the pers system and just posing the eyes individually...this morning when i was moving the pers system on mine..one of the studs is missing so I took mine out too but the other stud that was left was being a pain..I did manage to take it of and then one of the eyeballs popped off..so i took out both eyeballs and did a do over on the painted eyelids..looks pretty good and just pop the eyeballs back in there...if I want to do the squint mod later on..should be easier now..

Rob

Yeah, once the joystick is off the eyes do pop out pretty easy (no need to remove the PERS plate), one of mine popped out on accident when removing a pin. Was a bit of a trick getting it back in, but not bad.

If my PERS was still functioning I think I'd try to paint with the eyes in place, but maybe I'll pop 'em out and paint up the eyelids tonight. I'm just stunned at what a difference it makes. I have a feeling that I wil loose the desire to have them squinting...

Maglor: Are you up to any commissions for any of these mods? I don't trust myself.

Sorry, I'd much rather ruin my figure than someone else's. :peace

Mags, can you explain a bit more about bending the elbow pads into place? Not too sure what you meant exactly.

You mean the shoulder armor?

Back