Modification/Customization for the DX12 Batman Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just posted in DX12 thread but might as well go here too!

Pretty disappointed when I first got this guy out of the box, but got to futzing and modding straight away! The gauntlets are very pliable when heated, so I'm going to widen the opening by the wrist and mod some gauntlets to fit in there. The elbows bent in look much better too. I painted the eyelids etc. but couldn't get over how pin-headed he looked, so eventually removed the magnets and put them into the medicom head and attached that instead.

1b2e5543b6166c1c66fd0d8042c8cf0e.jpg

4d4bec0ee8056a16ac869db0c30b90fb.jpg

(No natural light right now so sorry for slightly pixelated photos)

Mags deserves an award for starting this thread! I really ought to grow a pair and mod it...I really don't like cutting up a 300 dollar toy :(

It's funny how much modding/customizing is simply flying by the seat of your pants and just trying things out and praying they work. I made my favorite 1/6 GI Joe after getting sick of SS' Snake Eyes and ripping apart 3 figures over the course of a week, and it was completely unplanned. Turned out awesome.

I'm wondering if maybe the widening mod could be taken back a notch. It still looks too big to me...

There's always going to be one microscopic flaw that drives us crazy and causes us to spend 4 hours trying to fix it. Then when we do, we'll notice another one.

:lol Indeed.

It's funny how much modding/customizing is simply flying by the seat of your pants and just trying things out and praying they work. I made my favorite 1/6 GI Joe after getting sick of SS' Snake Eyes and ripping apart 3 figures over the course of a week, and it was completely unplanned. Turned out awesome.

Yep. But that's part of the fun. :)

I'm wondering if maybe the widening mod could be taken back a notch. It still looks too big

The head is leaning in. Looks perfect in person. Put it next to 89 Bats and they both look like a person wearing a cowl. Put the Dx Bat head next to other hot toys, or even next to the DX Wayne head, and it looks pin headed to me. But I appreciate that not everybody has access to a medi head, and you've improved the DX head tenfold with the mods you've done.

And I agree that, much as I am pissed off that HT still couldn't get this guy right buy the third attempt, I am enjoying having another good modding project. Crazy that we pay so much for unfinished work though!

Last edited:
There's always going to be one microscopic flaw that drives us crazy and causes us to spend 4 hours trying to fix it. Then when we do, we'll notice another one.

Yup :gah:

The shape and size of the shoulder pads is bugging me now. Not the easiest thing to mod...

So I did the ankle mod and it looks so much much better than originally did. I did the glove mod, and I love how they stay on better but they don't really do anything for me in terms of being better. I will be doing the mouth plates later because I do think that does look much better than what we got. Did the shoulders and they look better but I am not sure I've found the happy medium for them.

Last edited:
Ok I posted this in the other normal TDKR thread but I will ask here too since modding is more relevant here.

Quick question for all the ones who modded the eyes and stuff. I will pay more attention the next time I watch the film, but is his eyes really painted completely black like that? I would think seeing some pink especially closer to his inner eye lids would be more realistic no? I mean would he really paint everything black even right up to his eyeball in real life? Wouldn't that give him an eye infection? :lol

Now I will add to this post....would it make more sense to cover up some of the pink but leave a little closest to the eye?

Ok I posted this in the other normal TDKR thread but I will ask here too since modding is more relevant here.

Quick question for all the ones who modded the eyes and stuff. I will pay more attention the next time I watch the film, but is his eyes really painted completely black like that? I would think seeing some pink especially closer to his inner eye lids would be more realistic no? I mean would he really paint everything black even right up to his eyeball in real life? Wouldn't that give him an eye infection? :lol

Now I will add to this post....would it make more sense to cover up some of the pink but leave a little closest to the eye?

Well if you can hardly see the pink bits in 1:1 they need to be pretty damn small in 1:6. Prehaps so small as to be invisible to the naked eye.

Well if you can hardly see the pink bits in 1:1 they need to be pretty damn small in 1:6. Prehaps so small as to be invisible to the naked eye.

Well sure but I was thinking more in lines of photograhy and picking up on those details when close up. However besides that, I get what you mean.

Modded the gauntlets. Dipped them in near boiling water and reshaped the openings by the hands. Trimmed the hands down. Now there is an overlap where the gauntlet sits over the glove.

Iphone pics only at the moment, but hopefully you get the idea...

6EFD76EC-A2A6-400B-A70F-8F5E8FBFA1D4-487-000000CE4772428D.jpg

479B9E52-F8CB-4B7B-80C0-59DA8DFA0A6F-487-000000CE4DF83D9F.jpg

371717E5-FCBA-4912-99CA-6F6BB4733C97-487-000000CCB519DC8B.jpg

29C1E297-2720-4593-B2CE-7B880FC9A9CE-487-000000CCAD74C901.jpg

Last edited:
Maglor, that looks stellar.

Thanks man. Good to see you here. :duff

And I agree that, much as I am pissed off that HT still couldn't get this guy right buy the third attempt, I am enjoying having another good modding project. Crazy that we pay so much for unfinished work though!

:D :exactly: In an odd way it's making me enjoy this figure more.

The shape and size of the shoulder pads is bugging me now. Not the easiest thing to mod...

Just heat them with a hairdryer. They reshape very easily. That said, I would want the shoulder pads to look as big as possible with the Medi head.

On the other hand, making them fit closer to the arms helps make the DX12 head look less undersized.

Pretty much what rollingJ said

Pretty much what they said... see below:

Just to make the case for at least painting the eyelids black:

Biogl.jpg

The pink around the eyes on the DX12 is way too prominent.

:lecture

Back