MMS83 - Hellboy II – HELLBOY figure Spec and Hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Hot Toys ever offered this again, I would buy it again just to have two. Love this figure. Congratulations.
Thanks! :duff I'm with you on that. Such a sweet figure! Now I need Abe.

Nice pick up Jordan. :clap
Thanks! :duff Feels good to have him at long last.

Nice! Which of your organs did u have to sell to get Red?
Thanks, all of the ones I don't need to survive. :lol

What's amazing is he was new in box, twist ties and everything untouched. Was praying that the seller was being truthful and he surely was.

IMG_3349.JPG

From the golden age of HT- along w/ blade, the godfather, first wolverine, dutch. 2007 to 2010. Roughly.

Hi people.
I am phantasizing of getting this figure's body to do a custom on it.
But I need the huge right arm to be removable, or easily detachable.
Can any of you enlighten me?
Thanks!
m.

Hi people.
I am phantasizing of getting this figure's body to do a custom on it.
But I need the huge right arm to be removable, or easily detachable.
Can any of you enlighten me?
Thanks!
m.
I used 5mm earth magnets in mine and added some aves epoxie to fill it till it fit just right then cut the arm down and drilled a hole for the magnets on each side.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Hey thanks for your input!

I haven't expressed myself clearly enough: what I need to know is whether or not the huge right arm comes from the manufacturer as a detachable piece. Or is it glued on? If it is, is it easily unglueable, or in so doing will I ruin the underlying normal, rubber arm? I don't need the big arm for my custom. I just need the human body, with 2 normal arms. Is this possible at all?

Some more questions: is this body capable of actually lower the arms until they touch the torso, in a normal, resting position? I only see images of the guy with the arms quite far apart from the torso, and I am fearing the rubber is so hard it doesn't allow for the arms to rest normally, hanging perfectly vertically from the shoulders and resting on the torso/waist/hips/upper leg.

And regarding neck and arm posability: I am assuming the neck can't be posed at all. Is that completely true?
And qhat about the arms? Do shoulders and elbows stay where you leave them, or do they slowly/quickly go back to where they were? (I am always asking considering poses within the 90º and 45º limits that HT describes in the figure's user manual)

Finally, what about long term poses? I need figures to remain in a pose forever. I am no icon worshipper, who put figures in a detolf in no pose at all and just staring at them... I want to create meaningful dioramas with these characters, so I need expressive poses.
My question would be: for long-term posing, what limits can be considered safe when posing?

Thanks!!
m.

Could anybody please clarify whether the big arm in the HT Hellboy figure comes loose or glued onto the underlying body?
Answering any of the other questions would also be greatly appreciated.
Thanks to those able and willing to help!

Regards,
m.

Hey thanks for your input!

I haven't expressed myself clearly enough: what I need to know is whether or not the huge right arm comes from the manufacturer as a detachable piece. Or is it glued on? If it is, is it easily unglueable, or in so doing will I ruin the underlying normal, rubber arm? I don't need the big arm for my custom. I just need the human body, with 2 normal arms. Is this possible at all?

Some more questions: is this body capable of actually lower the arms until they touch the torso, in a normal, resting position? I only see images of the guy with the arms quite far apart from the torso, and I am fearing the rubber is so hard it doesn't allow for the arms to rest normally, hanging perfectly vertically from the shoulders and resting on the torso/waist/hips/upper leg.

And regarding neck and arm posability: I am assuming the neck can't be posed at all. Is that completely true?
And qhat about the arms? Do shoulders and elbows stay where you leave them, or do they slowly/quickly go back to where they were? (I am always asking considering poses within the 90º and 45º limits that HT describes in the figure's user manual)

Finally, what about long term poses? I need figures to remain in a pose forever. I am no icon worshipper, who put figures in a detolf in no pose at all and just staring at them... I want to create meaningful dioramas with these characters, so I need expressive poses.
My question would be: for long-term posing, what limits can be considered safe when posing?

Thanks!!
m.

If you're talking about his right hand of doom arm, it's a normal arm with round rock base as an overlay part that slides on it. Nothing is glued.

Back