1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

I wish they WOULD release (and re-release) more seekers using the MP-11 mold. But in fairness to Transformers, that's the way the toys/cartoon always worked--you had a handful of molds and turned it into as many characters as possible!

Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

The customs are definitely better. Even with them just being MMS152 heads aswell they carry off the 'evil' effect so much better.

Hot Toys doesn't even try anymore, they just half-*** Hasbro it now.

Cool idea. Best part of Superman 3. Would've been nice to see a slightly rejiggered headsculpt. Still might not have bought it, though. I actually would've preferred a re-done Routh Superman to go alongside Reeve and Cavill ... but I think the odds of that ever happening are next-to-none.

Honestly, the best part about this is that the Reeve Superman movie line is still alive, rather than a one-and-done. That this was made dramatically increases the odds of a Clark Kent, or Zod, or Lex Luthor down the line. I don't think a Clark or Zod or whomever would've been a good choice for an exclusive. Exclusives are best left for slight modifications, strange variants, and less-popular characters.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Didn't see this coming.I would much rather see a Clark Kent than this though.

If the price is right im getting this too.

I wish they WOULD release (and re-release) more seekers using the MP-11 mold. But in fairness to Transformers, that's the way the toys/cartoon always worked--you had a handful of molds and turned it into as many characters as possible!

I know, that mp 11 is boss, way better than the previous one. So happy I finally have all three seekers, but that Skywarp old mold really sticks out in robot mode as being inferior.
Oh well, wrong thread!
*impatiently awaiting a MP Galvatron...

After seeing Man of Steel, I guess it just makes sense for Hot Toys to capitalize on the popularity and release another Evil Superman.

:monkey1

After seeing Man of Steel, I guess it just makes sense for Hot Toys to capitalize on the popularity and release another Evil Superman.

:monkey1

attachment.php

It looks OK but IMO they should have done a different head sculpt and maybe add the "Fake" Kryptonite that turned him evil as an extra.

I think I'll stick with my original Reeve figure. :)

Needed the money and he didn't really fit in with my display. Never once doubted what a great figure he was though :)

I understand. Sometimes you have to give something up to get something else.
Well i have four i bought loose from a guy in Singapore for £100 apiece.
I wouldn't part with any of them, lol.

I too wish they would have made him with the sour puss,grumpy,pissed off look but whatever...the price is what determines if I purchase this or not.

With that default facial expression, it's like Darkseid suddenly invades earth while Supes on vacation and he has nothing clean to wear. That's not Evil Superman.

Unless they release Lex or Zod, I will always consider my Reeve Supes figure to be a wonderful stand-alone figure.

Unless they release Lex or Zod, I will always consider my Reeve Supes figure to be a wonderful stand-alone figure.

Evil Superman was easily the best villain in III. So, if you get a Luthor and a Zod ... this would go nicely.

I don't think I'd get a Hackman Luthor, though. Rosenbaum I'd consider. Maybe even Spacey. Hackman's Lex Luthor was all wrong.

SnakeDoc

How cool would it be if they had this guy on display in between the MMS 152 and a Clark Kent proto with a "coming soon" sign at his feet?

I don't think I'd get a Hackman Luthor, though. Rosenbaum I'd consider. Maybe even Spacey. Hackman's Lex Luthor was all wrong.

SnakeDoc

I want my Liberace record back, tonight.

superman2_4.png

Back