1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Grey/white highlights. Enough of this 'blonde' shiznit.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS20(?)-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

I'm commenting on the logic of taking a $200+ collectible and thinking it's cool to repackage it and sell it again like it is often done with $20- figures. I consider it reasonable to do some resculpting or creating new accessories if you're going to do that. Of course there will be people buying regardless, especially when it comes to Ironman, but that doesn't make it an okay thing to do in my opinion.
Yeah, I think there's a certain level of Hasbro/Mattel thinking that's going on with these things. But Hot Toys has no shame!

This hobby is a little expensive for companies to expect people to buy repaints.

"Expect" as in "to consider reasonable." I am in no way inferring that people don't buy them, instead I'm commenting on the logic of taking a $200+ collectible and thinking it's cool to repackage it and sell it again like it is often done with $20- figures. I consider it reasonable to do some resculpting or creating new accessories if you're going to do that. Of course there will be people buying regardless, especially when it comes to Ironman, but that doesn't make it an okay thing to do in my opinion.

Hope that clarifies my comment.

With that said, I understand it from the business point of view, I just don't agree with it.
Yeah this was sort of what I was thinking too when I first saw this. Sure a lot of fans are gullible enough to buy stuff like this but really comparing a variant of a low end figure such as a Hasbro, Mattel, or even stuff like NECA really isn't the same level as this. People fork over a lot of money to buy Hot Toys as opposed to a lot of the other low end manufacturers who a lot of times are under $100 (more likely even under $50). It's a bit absurd to expect people to be satisfied by such a simple re-release if you ask me and expect to charge regular retail price which for Hot Toys now is normally $200 or above. If some people are happy with it I guess whatever it's not my money to blow but I just can't imagine doing it myself.

All this is is a $225 repaint variation ...for those of you who have to have it great...for me easy easy pass

Skipping all the exclusive. Not worth to buy. This is the only 1 out of 3 I may consider, simply becoz I'm a superman fan.

But probably skip.

basically all the exclusives might be variation figures this year- they might as well skipped exclusives all together. Complete money grab on HT's part but no surprise!

basically all the exclusives might be variation figures this year- they might as well skipped exclusives all together. Complete money grab on HT's part but no surprise!

Is the Bruce Willis a repaint? Thought it looked pretty sharp.

SnakeDoc

The TF Exclusives generally are simply variations tbf;

Shadow Predator
Secret Project Mrk IV
Batsuit Begins Batman
Rescue Version Captain America
Swat Version Jim Gordon
Golden Age Version Captain America
Evil Version CR Superman

Collectors set themselves up to be disappointed when they expect to see something like a BTTF figure as a Con exclusive

Shadow Predator
Secret Project Mrk IV
Batsuit Begins Batman
Swat Version Jim Gordon
Evil Version CR Superman

Collectors set themselves up to be disappointed when they expect to see something like a BTTF figure as a Con exclusive

:exactly::lecture

Re: Hot Toys-MMS207-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Gordon was a bit of a surprise though. A character that hadn't been done up to that point was kind of cool to see. Granted he was wearing the SWAT uniform as opposed to the trench coat/suit look but he was cool to see. Even Rescue Captain America while not my cup of tea was a pretty good variant. He was wearing a pretty different look from the regular figure and is a unique piece. This Superman is hardly different enough to warrant buying unless you're a big fan or didn't get the first release and want one.

Shadow Predator
Secret Project Mrk IV
Batsuit Begins Batman
Swat Version Jim Gordon
Evil Version CR Superman

Tommy makes a good point.

But Joe Colton, Angelica and the police guy from Batman aren't variants, so it's generally 2/3 now are variants.

Re: Hot Toys-MMS207-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure.

Hot Toys Limited is a proud supporter of the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation and their mission to advance research into spinal cord injury and improve quality of life for people living with paralysis.
Release date: Q3, 2013

This little blurb has me thinking that it'll be ever higher than the original. Nevermind the wishful thinking.

Hot Toys, you're just in a slump!

1238408638_superman_drinking_.gif

:rotfl:rotfl

Pass for me! The customs that ive seen on the forum are far better than this version!

Re: Hot Toys-MMS207-Superman III- 1/6th Scale Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Just found out about this. Out of all the possibilities that Hot Toys could have one,, this is just so disappointing.

I predict that this is going to be warming the shelves at Sideshow this time next year.

Just found out about this. Out of all the possibilities that Hot Toys could have one,, this is just so disappointing.

I predict that this is going to be warming the shelves at Sideshow this time next year.

I may get one if they go on clearance.

SnakeDoc

I agree- especially if it has a $220 plus price tag!!!

Shadow Predator
Secret Project Mrk IV
Batsuit Begins Batman
Swat Version Jim Gordon
Evil Version CR Superman

A lot of these variants had more going on for them than an added 5 o clock shadow and darker clothes whether it be a new hs, a completely new character, or even newly tailored clothes. The base is pretty cool but it's an overall lazy exclusive. If I can get a sharpie and some dye to create a variant of an existing figure, that's a pretty lazy release. If you are excited for this figure, don't let anybody **** on your parade. Go ahead and buy it. It's just not for me.

i hope this figure sells horribly, base is nice though

I have zero problems with this figure and I look forward to adding it.

You can call them lazy, I can see how it could apply. You could also call them resourceful and outside the box thinkers. It's releases like this that will be a huge hit or a huge flop, and I appreciate their brass ***** for it. It's better than another IM release at the very least, and I think toy fair exclusives should be a bit off the beaten trail. It justifies the lower edition sizes and appeals to a smaller fan base.

Back