1/6 MMS207-Superman III-Evil Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the thing. Superman III basically sucks.

Superman 1 & 2 are clearly superior films.

A Terrance Stamp Zod would have been a legitimate comic con exclusive and very much appreciated by fans.

Instead, this lazy dreck of a money grab is being released.
I also agree that the sculpt should be more angry and not the same.

A Terrance Stamp Zod would have been a legitimate comic con exclusive and very much appreciated by fans.

With SM-III, it's basically a film from which SUPERMAN has been hijacked from his own movie.

He has somehow managed to find himself in a Richard Pryor film. Now I liked Richard as much as the next guy, but to crowd SM out of his own film is just bad.

The junk yard fight is the standout section of the film.

Ordered! :rock

20110426-034725.jpg

While I would have LOVED a Zod... I think he should be a standard release, and not a con exclusive.

Evil Supes makes sense as a con exclusive because he is easily made (like the "Secret Project" Iron Man) and is a "lesser-needed" variation of a main character (like "Star Spangled Man" Cap). When the time comes for Zod and Luthor (if it does), they deserve the full treatment... and not as bare-bones con figures.

But yeah... I am TOTALLY with you on wanting Zod. :duff

Sallah

Yes any others like Hackman LEX will be great if get. We need Both Zods and gang and a 2 in 1 Clark / superman would be a instant buy. Still glad to pick up would've bought another regular superman but sold out before could buy another. Happy to have a slightly differnt version. Im sure most outside the collectors circle will just think he's battle damaged dirty from fighting bad guys...

In the vid he said they rushed it for the convention but they will make adjustments before release.
Unless its got the evil sculpt and not just a repaint what adjustments is he talking about?
Want to see some in hand shots.

In the vid he said they rushed it for the convention but they will make adjustments before release.
Unless its got the evil sculpt and not just a repaint what adjustments is he talking about?

he's saying they usualy tweak the protype shown a little bit somretime's...

HT prices generally don't surprise me and for the most part seem justified but I'd make an exception for this release. Even for a limited run, $215.00 seems excessive for a re-paint.

Missed the First run of Supes, so Im just grateful I get another shot at him (and further grateful that he's the "evil" version).

no. this is the standard, EVERY YEAR WE DO IT, con repaint of a current figure WITH NOTHING CHANGED other than the color.

what, under gods hot sun, is everyone missing here? they are not lazy, its not a money grab. its a re paint or variant superman. nothing more, nothing less.

But this has been released in Hong Kong so nothing has been changed.

The only thing Evil about this is that Hot Toys didn't make it like THIS:

Angry_Superman-500x211.jpg

superman-iii-evil-superman.jpg

superman-iii-2.png

superdrunkb.jpg

They could have thrown in the Kryptonite accessory too:

12084471_3_l.jpg

Heck even a bowl of peanuts and a bottle of JD would have added some value.

You know my thoughts no need to repeat.
Would have been nice to have all of those extras mentioned.
But on the up side they might release a general zod in the future or lex luthor as the dc figures have made the figures and the demand is there.
If not then there are plenty of talented artists that can make the things hot toys can’t for legal reasons or won’t for finacial.

The only thing Evil about this is that Hot Toys didn't make it like THIS:

Angry_Superman-500x211.jpg

superman-iii-evil-superman.jpg

superman-iii-2.png

superdrunkb.jpg

They could have thrown in the Kryptonite accessory too:

12084471_3_l.jpg

Heck even a bowl of peanuts and a bottle of JD would have added some value.

Lollll I agree, the peanuts would have been awesome.

Back