MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the fence about buying this one... the figure looks darn cool, but might be too big for me. Do BBTS ever do sales/promo codes on HT?

If something sits around long enough, they will put it on sale, like Odin and New Goblin, both of those hit sale prices. However with less than 100 of these left, you're lucky they haven't increased the price. Usually when they're the last retail supply, and they have a small amount, the price goes up. You'll only end up paying more for this figure later if you want it.

If something sits around long enough, they will put it on sale, like Odin and New Goblin, both of those hit sale prices. However with less than 100 of these left, you're lucky they haven't increased the price. Usually when they're the last retail supply, and they have a small amount, the price goes up. You'll only end up paying more for this figure later if you want it.

Ditto that. In fact, I think they are the only ones offering this at a somewhat decent price, all things considered.
The pile is an awesome program of theirs, but I once held an item far too long (MP Rodimus, 2nd version) and by the time I got it shipped, it had QC issues that warranted an exchange. Unfortunately, they were sold out by that time.
Keep that in mind with items that may sell out, or ask them periodically regarding their remaining stock. That alone warrants my business with them for life.

89f2319919f9b7f52d67e9b6aea12b85.jpg

Whenever I watch it now, his flight scene always reminds me of this. :lol

"Are you kidding me with that take off speed."

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adW46gsMTXM[/ame]

I never thought you were being rude at all. And yes! I will buy it! I know now that I won't regret it after watching a lot of videos online. The wow factor when opening this seems to be in par with the Batman tumbler . I want to feel that again.
I don't collect anything from the Bayformers movies, as I like to think those never happened. Prime, im not interested in it also. G1 is where is at, at least IMHO. Not trying to offend anyone who likes them though!
I have some
G1 transformers but I'm now more inclined on masterpieces only. It seems that Takara Tommy keeps outdoing themselves with them, I'm impatiently waiting for them to announce galvatron. He's my number one.
Bbts is, by far one of the greatest online stores ever. Their customer service is first class.

I glad you did not think me rude. I went with the Bayfromers (I like that BTW) being I need to keep my mind on other things. Top it off a new Super Targert open and they miss price everything. I pickup the $40 big ones for $9.99 and the $9.99 for $3.99.

I do own many of the G1.

After what happen today with SSC I don't think I will be ordering anything more other then Vader. I have been to BBTS site and even thought of buying a case of 3.75. In the end I like just going to the stores and fining them.

As for Iron Monger, I got him sometime in Nov and did not open him till Dec 25 with the rest of my stuff (I buy my own gifts and you know what, Its what I want :) ) I am very happy with him and unless you put him under a high light you cannot see the problems. I will not be asking for a replacement.

You asked also about the C3PO, my GF did buy it and did get it. Just be careful make sure you look it over. SSC will tell you the cut wires are like that. But it's not, SSC is not very good at lie. In the end they sent a body and she is happy with it.

You have the points, used them on one of them. Then get the other. I have both and I/We are happy (just need a R2D2).

I would have like to get a Odin, still may on the 2nd market. The New Goblin I got ship for $50. I just wanted his weapons to put on my Sith Santa Yoda.

There are times you have to say. If you want it, just buy it. Nothing will hurt more then knowing you could have bought sometime at $200 less then what you would have to now. That is why I just hit buy.

Just received my Monger yesterday. Pictures and videos don't do this figure justice! I am impressed.

Where did you get it from?
Does your's have any QC issues like the cracks?
I'm getting mine from BBTS.

Me too!
Wait,
What QC problems? What cracks? Damn it, I just ordered this guy and I know they have some stock left, just not THAT much. I might have them ship my pile now instead of waiting.
What should I look for? Is in noticeable right out of the box or is it something that cracks with time?

I would have like to get a Odin, still may on the 2nd market. The New Goblin I got ship for $50. I just wanted his weapons to put on my Sith Santa Yoda.

There are times you have to say. If you want it, just buy it. Nothing will hurt more then knowing you could have bought sometime at $200 less then what you would have to now. That is why I just hit buy.

Odin still goes for a decent price on the secondary market. E-bay have loads of them, anywhere from £100 to £150, shop around and you'll find a decent deal.

I'm *this* close to pulling the trigger on an Iron Monger! I wanted to wait til I had an Iron Man, andI've just bought a MKII unleashed, so now there's nothing stopping me getting a monger. I think once the next paycheck drops in my account I'm going to just go for it!

Odin still goes for a decent price on the secondary market. E-bay have loads of them, anywhere from £100 to £150, shop around and you'll find a decent deal.

I'm *this* close to pulling the trigger on an Iron Monger! I wanted to wait til I had an Iron Man, andI've just bought a MKII unleashed, so now there's nothing stopping me getting a monger. I think once the next paycheck drops in my account I'm going to just go for it!

Go for it! You won't regret it!

You can also check out my gallery for more pics! :wink1:

IRON%2520MONGER%2520229.JPG

IRON%2520MONGER%2520349.JPG

IRON%2520MONGER%2520411.JPG

IRON%2520MONGER%2520145.JPG

FULL GALLERY:

https://picasaweb.google.com/VikingSpawn/IRONMONGER#

No cracks on mine either, and the legs and elbows do bend guys he doesn't have to stand like he has a pole up his *** lol.

I sold my Iron Monger on ebay and the buyer is complaining about some flaws I didn't notice when I inspected it. I was wondering if these are normal blemishes or if this possibly was damaged in transit.
UMpS8V.jpg
q9tRdK.jpg

UmQZL0.jpg
HE712M.jpg

those are factory flaws. many are complaining of those leg cracks but they say they don't lose any functionality. these are plastic toys put together by assembly line factory workers. imperfections are inevitable.

I guess I had never noticed them before. I paid for insurance before shipping the figure. He is asking for a $70 refund. I'm scratching my head about it.

I guess I had never noticed them before. I paid for insurance before shipping the figure. He is asking for a $70 refund. I'm scratching my head about it.

i'd say that's fair. hot toys figures have problems from time to time. i put a disclosure in my auctions saying no refunds, no returns, and i'm not responsible for factory imperfections. some people are fanatical about every little production problem. all you can do is promise factory sealed but not the way the figure was made.

i had a guy complain about the actual sculpt of a captain america statue. he saw a dent, but in actuality it was a joint crease in the leg. it was sculpted that way!!!! that's what prompted me to add the 'not responsible for factory imperfections'. take it up with the company that made it.

So glad I decided not to keep this guy, sold mine and made a cool $50 profit. Though I didn't even open mine, but I'm pretty sure I'd spot those spider web cracks and it would annoy the hell out of me.

I dunno... These just started shipping not long ago and there's already crack. I'm pretty sure they'll get worse each year. I guess it might be the fact that the plastic they use is too thin for the weight? Or perhaps brittle plastic due to the dye that they use?

Look at the HT power loader or ED (rubber domes are cracking in some case), at least the hard plastic parts from those are still in tact and doesn't have any cracks even though they are 4-5 years older than monger.

Back