MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, on mine they did so i made a stand for it to be in a flying pose which with it suported under the crutch meant no weight on the legs
Thanks for the reponse!

So, if that piece cracked right through, would the legs basically not function anymore or is it more just aesthetically unpleasant? I'm considering getting one and just popping the leg off so I can reach that part and maybe glue it from the inside. However, I don't know what that piece really looks like so it's difficult to gauge the level of difficulty to repair it.

Thanks for the reponse!

So, if that piece cracked right through, would the legs basically not function anymore or is it more just aesthetically unpleasant? I'm considering getting one and just popping the leg off so I can reach that part and maybe glue it from the inside. However, I don't know what that piece really looks like so it's difficult to gauge the level of difficulty to repair it.
It only looks bad. Whatever the problem was, there were cracks, but there was no weight on the joint. And the joint still works fine. It's fairly heavy gauge plastic.
And i'm guessing the piece wasn't a great seller, or they might have repopped it at some point. But you never know what could happen in the future. Maybe for the 20th anniversary...

I recall reading somewhere that the crack didn’t affect the structural integrity of the joint, as counterintuitive as that sounds. It might even be in this thread. I’m not quite sure how that would work but I don’t repose mind often. No need to bait that bear. It’s still a cool piece. Although I’m in the diecast crowd, so if they redid it on a reinforced frame with diecast parts at a completely prohibitive price, I’d be Dow. For 2.0. I already have the 1/9 king arts and I love it.

Back