MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stane's on a slightly elevated platform in that pic though.

use some approximation. :lol

tumblr_mbt9qqd5BZ1rcxqvco1_500.jpg

Are the hip cracks a common problem with this figure? I am planning to pick it up soon and just want to know what I should look out for.

There are lots of pics further back. If you Google "Hot Toys Iron Monger hip cracks" you'll see some too. It was a pretty big topic of discussion when first discussed. They are from the factory (or seem to happen quickly thereafter) and seem pretty common. Mine doesn't seem to have them yet.

Any more, it would seem that a lot more of them DO have the cracks than the ones that don't.

Thanks for the info. Sounds like a defect in manufacturing to me.

My Monger did not have cracks.

That's good to hear.

There are lots of pics further back. If you Google "Hot Toys Iron Monger hip cracks" you'll see some too. It was a pretty big topic of discussion when first discussed. They are from the factory (or seem to happen quickly thereafter) and seem pretty common. Mine doesn't seem to have them yet.

Thanks. I wonder of the cracks will develop over time even if you don't have them now.

My first one had cracks, the replacement did not. However, the replacement had some loose pieces i needed to glue, so Hot Toys QC is once again a disappointment.

Have there been any horror stories about the hips cracking? I was looking back through, but I must be skipping the pages the discussion took place. I purchased mine a long time ago from Toy Anxiety, but now I just recently noticed the hip cracks?

Has anyone had them develop into a serious problem, or get worse from movement?

Toy Anxiety has been a great help customer service wise, they replaced Iron Monger's left hand already due to it being really loose, but I feel really late in the game bringing this to their attention...and I'm not even sure they could or would help at this point. I mean, I did get this guy in November of 2012, soooo...Idk lol.

Last edited:
I don't think anyones reported the cracks getting worse.

mine certainly havn't, i moved the legs all about to see if it impacts them, but it doesn't look like movement stresses the area where the cracks are.

if you tried to remove the leg, then you might make them worse.

Had an itch to buy this figure all day and night while I was at work.
I know I said I wouldn't buy it,due to limited or no space left.
I just pulled the trigger on him.
:yess:
I have collecting issues.
:rotfl

I pre-ordered it right away. Never have regretted it. Right now, its the treasure of my collection.

omg...that's exactly how I feel unfortunately due to my job uncertainty..I can't just pull the trigger...although I would love to get him..arrrrggghhh...life sucks !! Anyway congrats..we will need pic's.

if you guys really feel that way, you need to add iron monger to your collection. i will trade you my factory sealed monger for the iron man mark VII BD promo. ;)

I don't think anyones reported the cracks getting worse.

mine certainly havn't, i moved the legs all about to see if it impacts them, but it doesn't look like movement stresses the area where the cracks are.

if you tried to remove the leg, then you might make them worse.

Lol I would never try to remove the legs on this. Just the thought of it might give me nightmares. I finally found some of the discussion and it seems that people thankfully concluded it was a production issue. It's good to hear that it doesn't seem stress related.

Back