MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have never read this thread, now I'm freaking out about mine. Took mine out of the box when I first got it months ago for about an hour, then it want right back in and put into storage. I'll check mine when I get home.

Just came home to this waiting for me in my front door. Holy moly is this thing beautiful. Mine also has a crack on the leg so it does seem to be a production issue. Mine was brand new.

Now does anyone else know if you can bend this guys knees? I'm trying but it won't bend, I feel like I'm going to break it.

Just came home to this waiting for me in my front door. Holy moly is this thing beautiful. Mine also has a crack on the leg so it does seem to be a production issue. Mine was brand new.

Now does anyone else know if you can bend this guys knees? I'm trying but it won't bend, I feel like I'm going to break it.

It'll bend. It wont break. Mine took alot of careful force. And I smashed my thumb good in the process. Ouch!

Mine had really stiff knees..I was worried I was going to break it too. I am a 220lb weight lifter, and I had to apply a good amount of force to get it to bend the 1st time. I thought I was going to stap it off, but it gave and didnt break. Its the new paint that seems to have stuck the knee hing. Once it bends the 1st time it stays really stiff, but is much easier. Just be careful where you hold its leg so you dont apply too much pressure to the calf panels. Get your hands as close together as possible at the knee joint too. Its a *****, but it should bend.

Got it bend. I was sweating bullets when doing it. I was really nervous that it would break on me and when it did bend, it made a *snap* noise and thought something broke.

Getting my lightbox tomorrow so I'll have pictures up tomorrow. This guy is HUGE. I have no room to put him anywhere. :(

Got it bend. I was sweating bullets when doing it. I was really nervous that it would break on me and when it did bend, it made a *snap* noise and thought something broke.

Getting my lightbox tomorrow so I'll have pictures up tomorrow. This guy is HUGE. I have no room to put him anywhere. :(

I was trippin too the 1st time I bent his stiff knee... almost passed out myself when it finally bent and made that sound....:thud:

The fact that it didn't break, gave me even more confidence that the hairline thigh cracks are not going to get worse and were probably an issue with production, and however they were popping them on the hip joints. This thing is by far the most solid HT MMS I have ever had. I am not new to HT either, just new to the forum.

Congratulations man!!.. Now you too see the Awesomeness that is "THE IRON MONGER".

I've just got done setting him up, first putting Obadiah's HS in was very nerve wreaking experience, once i got the chest open was glad to see they had it put together real good, the most painful thing was the missile on the back. Ohhhhhh that was a *($#*(#$ trying not to break something :)

This thing poses sooooo Cool, but over takes my entire desk

Yup! I have him posed on my laptop desk and he takes up half of it.

Beautiful figure though. Truly one of a kind. I have yet to put the missile in and I haven't fully pushed in the head. It seems you need a bit if force to have it pop onto the body.

Last edited:
20130314_182128_zps1510fc01.jpg

Yup! I have him posed on my laptop desk and he takes up half of him.

Beautiful figure though. Truly one of a kind. I have yet to put the missile in and I haven't fully pushed in the head. It seems you need a bit if force to have it pop onto the body.

Truly beautiful, pictures can't do it justice, just amazing...
For the missile, it seems like your read to flip it out, but it needs to extent all the way to the rod on the back. And how cool does it look lighted up. wow..

but
Yeah I held it in my hand while i pushed down real hard, don't want to put any stress on the leg "cracks", :panic:

Truly beautiful, pictures can't do it justice, just amazing...
For the missile, it seems like your read to flip it out, but it needs to extent all the way to the rod on the back. And how cool does it look lighted up. wow..

but
Yeah I held it in my hand while i pushed down real hard, don't want to put any stress on the leg "cracks", :panic:

Congratulations too man!!

It is my favorite HT figure so far. There have been many awesome figures from HT, for sure...( yes with QC issues for those who need that recognized), but the Monger is by far my favorite so far. :yess:

Update on Monger's crack (ewww)-

Good news: The crack appears to be the same size as it was in the pic I took 3 months ago. Makes me hopeful that the crack is made in assembly and (HOPEFULLY) doesn't worsen over time.

Bad news: My left leg crack (which wasn't visible in my review pics) is actually worse than the right. :(

Oh well. Again, I probably wouldn't have noticed them had they not been pointed out, so I am not going to get too stressed about it. But I am happy knowing it is there so I can keep an eye on it and maybe take some kind of action if it ever does get worse.

Sallah

Great to hear. Having gotten my brand new one today and seeing it, it is from the legs being pushed into the ball joint and it stressing the area out causing it to crack.

When i pulled mine out to look at the Crack, i moved the legs around a heap to see if it encouraged any noticably stress on the cracked area.

it looks like the joint is far enough inside the leg that they shouldn't get worse from normal use.

everyone with cracking you should probably be moving the legs at the joint and not with the leg itself. the leg would just act as a lever adding more stress then you think you are giving the joints.

I got Monger last week and pulled him out of the box a few minutes ago and mine have the cracks exactly as the pictures posted a few pages back.

I'm a bit disappointed but I'm hoping they don't worsen. Just have to wait and see.

The cracked area are not the actual joint they are covers if you notice towards the bottom there are screws which hold this thigh cover in place it appears as was stated earlier the actual joint is on the inside. I think so nay stiffness we feel when we move the thigh joint is from the inside. It disappointing and I wish I would have noticed it earlier I would have requested a replacement however the good news is appears its more cosmetic and not functional. The Iron monger is not really one for extreme pose ability.

Looked at mine tonight finally and just to reiterate what others have said before, heres what I noticed:

1st: Whoever looked that long at Iron Monger's crotch to notice those tiny *** lines is a pervert.

2nd: They're not stress fractures from the joint moving, the joint is INSIDE that piece.

3rd: They don't run all the way through the plastic, they're purely cosmetic cracks.

They are literally so tiny that I had to brush my finger over them to make sure it wasn't a hair on the leg. They are that thin.

Last edited:
So glad to see everyone is over their panic mode about this awesome figure and getting back to enjoying it. Keep those pics coming. Once I find room in my case ill take a few myself

The cracked area are not the actual joint they are covers if you notice towards the bottom there are screws which hold this thigh cover in place it appears as was stated earlier the actual joint is on the inside. I think so nay stiffness we feel when we move the thigh joint is from the inside. It disappointing and I wish I would have noticed it earlier I would have requested a replacement however the good news is appears its more cosmetic and not functional. The Iron monger is not really one for extreme pose ability.

now that's good to hear :clap won't pose him in anyway though, he's already look badass with his presence

Back