MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your points are valid and true. I am all too familiar with bad HTQC. Unfortunately, we as a consumer base are limited in our ability to vocalize our dissapointment. Perhaps we should have a petition on Facebook? Anyone care to get it started?

Now you're talking bro! It can only make them realize that you're not gonna take this crap. Plus it doesn't look too good for them when it's right there for everybody to see.

how are people displaying this piece since it wont fit in a detolf? has anyone found a suitable replacement for the coveted detolf? (other than the $300 maybang case)

Today was a GOOD DAY ! :yess::yess::yess:
I can't believe the Size of this thing, Wow Wow Wow....

Whats more funny was the iron monger got here the same day (4 hours earlier) coming from Hong Kong as Blackwidow did coming from CA to PA, both shipped on same day, lol

_DSC1976_zps11f6c972.jpg

Whats more funny was the iron monger got here the same day (4 hours earlier) coming from Hong Kong as Blackwidow did coming from CA to PA, both shipped on same day, lol

_DSC1976_zps11f6c972.jpg

You bought 2 as well? :lol:hi5: Getting both of mine tomorrow.

_DSC1976_zps11f6c972.jpg

OOOHHH YEEAAA!!! That is a very PURRRTY picture. :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Went home and checked the Mongers and both were fine with no damage to either piece. Really stinks for those that have the issues. I remember getting him last year and how amazing he was to unbox.

I'll be posing him gently for the short term. Gonna be cringing moving joints for a while.

He is a beautiful piece and hopefully this doesn't cause folks to stay away from it. He is worth having in the collection, but the question is for how much hassle.:confused:

DSC_0026_zps818a2fab.jpg

DSC_0014_zps0d437872.jpg

DSC_0071_zps8c9d7f13.jpg

You got 2 flawless ones? Care to sell me one? :wink1:[

_DSC1976_zps11f6c972.jpg

Oh man, that's what I call a great haul!!! :hi5:

All of you guys were 100% no, 1000% correct when you said "this thing is SO much BIGGER, Jaw dropping in Person and that no Photograph does it justice", If you havn't gotten one yet don't let it slip by, Wow.. just Wow...

Bugger.

Thought my Monger was crack free.

No sign round the back but I turned him over and rotated the left leg.... one, long crack!

If anyone has started a FB complaints thread or something, post a link in here. I'll add my name to it.

Don't know what good it will do (other than shame HT's into an apology?)
He's way to big and heavy for me to consider shipping him from the UK to China :(
and I can't see HT just shipping out new legs, too many pistons etc in the way. They'd have people busting other bits trying to fix the leg then getting even more grief.

They'll either ignore comments or at best offer to replace at our shipping expense.
No guarantee "fixed" mongers will be any better.

But we should all let them know.

Anyone got a HT customer service email? Ideally one that we know responds to English speaking requests.

Bah.

Checked mine last night and his left hip joint is cracked. Now this figure was taken out of the box and put on a shelf- never really played with. I'm going to glue the crack and hope it doesn't get any worse.

Going over the pics I took of my Monger when I first got him, I can definitely see a crack at the front of his right hip. Looks like it was pretty substantial too and I totally missed it. :(

ironmonger31.jpg

The real test will be when I look him over tonight. It has been 3 months of him standing in my case since I took that pic. If the crack has worsened, we will know for sure that they do get worse over time. If it is the same, that strengthens the case that this crack happens in assembly.

If it remains the same, I am not too stressed about it. I will slap a little glue in there as a preventitive measure and try and pose him so I can't see it as well. Still- Stuff like this should not be happening on $500 collectibles. :(

Sallah

damn :( not you too sallah, the crazy thing about this cracks is it happend at the same area of our figures, i don't see anyone have it in different areas of the figure

damn :( not you too sallah, the crazy thing about this cracks is it happend at the same area of our figures, i don't see anyone have it in different areas of the figure

That's why because are assuming it's a production issue, which it seems to be seeing as people have the crack when they never displayed it.

It looks like its cracking from the leg being popped into the ball joint when it was being assembled. However, people who have had this figure since it was released all seem to have the same small crack so it doesn't seem to get worse while posing it or moving the leg, unless of course you try and stress it out.

It looks like its cracking from the leg being popped into the ball joint when it was being assembled. However, people who have had this figure since it was released all seem to have the same small crack so it doesn't seem to get worse while posing it or moving the leg, unless of course you try and stress it out.

Well, like I said... That pic I posted was when I first got him 3 months ago. I only heard about this issue today and went over to my review to see if I could spot cracks in my pics. The pic I posted was the one where I could spot a crack.

He has been standing in the case since then, almost exactly 3 months to the day with very little posing. When I get home tonight, I'll pull him out and compare the crack. If it is the same, then I would agree it probably is a production issue and might not ever worsen. If it is bigger though, then we are looking at something that will become an evolving problem with time.

Guess I'll find out in a few hours. Fingers crossed for no change!

Sallah

Dunno, FB looks like it might be the most reasonable approach to me (and not to rant at HT, but just to let them know... they were probably as unaware as we were). I bought mine from BBTS but checked my account and it was over 2 months ago, so I didn't even bother contacting them about it. I'd guess most of us are in the same boat where an exchange/refund is no longer an option.

Looking forward to Sallah's findings (with some trepidation!) in regards to whether the cracks have become worse over the last few months.

Why does anybody think Hot Toys will do something about it?

Comedian's melting armor - Hot Toys did nothing.
ED-209's rotting rubber cover - Hot Toys did nothing.
Iron Man's pink panties - Hot Toys did nothing.
DX 02 Batman's leaking abs - Hot Toys did nothing.
Captain America's flaking shield - Hot Toys did nothing.

Not only do they not resolve the above issues, they ignore the problem or pretend it didn't happen. The only thing Hot Toys does is sit back and count their money. You will either have to have a Iron Monger with cracked thighs or no Iron Monger at all. As long as people keep spending top dollar for flawed figures they will have no motivation improve. (And I am including myself in this category.)

Back