MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does anybody think Hot Toys will do something about it?

Comedian's melting armor - Hot Toys did nothing.
ED-209's rotting rubber cover - Hot Toys did nothing.
Iron Man's pink panties - Hot Toys did nothing.
DX 02 Batman's leaking abs - Hot Toys did nothing.
Captain America's flaking shield - Hot Toys did nothing.

Not only do they not resolve the above issues, they ignore the problem or pretend it didn't happen. The only thing Hot Toys does is sit back and count their money. You will either have to have a Iron Monger with cracked thighs or no Iron Monger at all. As long as people keep spending top dollar for flawed figures they will have no motivation improve. (And I am including myself in this category.)
It's because they have nothing to fear unfortunately. They have the market cornered. They can point at us while laughing and ask "Where else are you going to get a 1/6 Iron Monger?"

Wish other companies would step up and make these 1/6 scale figures to compete with HT.

Not that i wouldn't be pissed if I'd spent $500 on a cracked IM, but what do you expect them to do? Pay for all of these to be shipped back to Hong Kong, repaired and shipped back to us?

IMO the best thing they could do is an apology and some sort of gift certificate toward a future purchase.

If you really want to hit them where it hurts, post photos of all of their screw ups on their FB page where potential new buyers will see them and figure their work is crap and not buy any.

Not that i wouldn't be pissed if I'd spent $500 on a cracked IM, but what do you expect them to do? Pay for all of these to be shipped back to Hong Kong, repaired and shipped back to us?

IMO the best thing they could do is an apology and some sort of gift certificate toward a future purchase.

If you really want to hit them where it hurts, post photos of all of their screw ups on their FB page where potential new buyers will see them and figure their work is crap and not buy any.

I agree that this would at the very least make them pay attention to the issues. I would add pics, but I dont have a facebook account to allow me to post on their page.

I am selling my monger but not because of the cracks. Literally I had this just pointed out to me and saw mine had nearly the same ones everyone else does. To me, its all surface and does not seem to effect it at all in terms of moving. I really do not think overtime it will be an issue but its anyone's guess. The joints are so big around that it only has a very small area with one or two little cracks that look to be surface. I think for those worried, a little touch of super glue would hold it just fine, not sure what the big deal is really.

I can understand about the melting Comedian, or even the different paint on the samurai predator but this seems like a small problem.

Yeah, maybe it is pointless. But if anything was going to be done, it seemed to me simply bringing it to their attention via FB was the most reasonable way to go. I'm not saying be a little ***** about it. Maybe they'll take it into account for a future release.[/done caring]

Why does anybody think Hot Toys will do something about it?

Comedian's melting armor - Hot Toys did nothing.
ED-209's rotting rubber cover - Hot Toys did nothing.
Iron Man's pink panties - Hot Toys did nothing.
DX 02 Batman's leaking abs - Hot Toys did nothing.
Captain America's flaking shield - Hot Toys did nothing.

Not only do they not resolve the above issues, they ignore the problem or pretend it didn't happen. The only thing Hot Toys does is sit back and count their money. You will either have to have a Iron Monger with cracked thighs or no Iron Monger at all. As long as people keep spending top dollar for flawed figures they will have no motivation improve. (And I am including myself in this category.)
It needs to be brought to attention regardless. Just because you figure they'll do nothing, doesn't mean people shouldn't be up in arms and try. If you just sit by the sidelines, you will never be the one to win the game.

Everyone might as well take a picture and post it on their Facebook.

Pretty sure they'll see it if there's 10 straight post about the issue

Well, like I said... That pic I posted was when I first got him 3 months ago. I only heard about this issue today and went over to my review to see if I could spot cracks in my pics. The pic I posted was the one where I could spot a crack.

He has been standing in the case since then, almost exactly 3 months to the day with very little posing. When I get home tonight, I'll pull him out and compare the crack. If it is the same, then I would agree it probably is a production issue and might not ever worsen. If it is bigger though, then we are looking at something that will become an evolving problem with time.

Guess I'll find out in a few hours. Fingers crossed for no change!

Sallah

This will be the real test and it worsening is the only thing that should really matter. It sucks for this to even happen but unfortunately this is some of the type of crap that we have to put up with when buying out extremely expensive plastic collectibles. These things, like all things are never perfect.....

....but it is true that it shouldn't slip by unmentioned. Even though they won't do squat, HT should be informed. In the least it'll help them improve engineering and prevent something like this from happening again.

It's not like a car recall where we'll b_tch to HT and they'll take all 2000-4000+ back and replace them. But it is important that they know and FB is probably the best way to get the point across....

A gift certificate would be REALLY nice too

I posted my pictures on their FB page yesterday

I do not have a facebook account so I cant post my pics, but I think that anyone that can post their QC pics definitely should. Again it will not change our current issue, but at least its the best way to get the message to them.

I try to look back and fine what cracks is being talked about. Where is the crack? I looked at my IM and did not see it but then again I don't have a clue what I was even looking for in the 1st place.

Found cracks on both of the hips on mine, and other than taking a few pix, it has been packed in the shipper since release, so they weren't caused by the weight on standing up for an extended period of time.

Well, like I said... That pic I posted was when I first got him 3 months ago. I only heard about this issue today and went over to my review to see if I could spot cracks in my pics. The pic I posted was the one where I could spot a crack.

He has been standing in the case since then, almost exactly 3 months to the day with very little posing. When I get home tonight, I'll pull him out and compare the crack. If it is the same, then I would agree it probably is a production issue and might not ever worsen. If it is bigger though, then we are looking at something that will become an evolving problem with time.

Guess I'll find out in a few hours. Fingers crossed for no change!

Sallah

Please do Sallah. I'm VERY curious to know this since I was about to take the plunge and buy one. Good luck. Let's hope it hasn't gotten worse.

Back