MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- i cant open the back panels wide enough to remove the plastic strip to the battery compartment/ switch, even a finger cant go in, the back panel is obstructed by the piston hinged i tried a few maneuver (full + lift, full + turn) and a few more combination but im sure it will break if i full further, yeah i've read the manual too

Mine was like that. I figured I just wasn't moving something properly so I just used a pair of tweezers and pulled the tab that way.

guys need some advice;
- does the main figure box has no "single tape" like every ironman/ predator (that i know)?
- i cant open the back panels wide enough to remove the plastic strip to the battery compartment/ switch, even a finger cant go in, the back panel is obstructed by the piston hinged i tried a few maneuver (full + lift, full + turn) and a few more combination but im sure it will break if i full further, yeah i've read the manual too

i hope i don't get a lemon

does anyone experience this, any possible solution except a return? :)

thanks in advance,

First of all, I wouldn't call that sheet of paper a "manual". :lol

Seriously though, it is a little resistant, but you're just going to have to pull the door with a little more force. The hinge or door should not break. I had the same experience.

You're just gonna have to grow a pair and do it. I did. You can too. :wave

The panel door that opens isn't just a hinged joint, but it can also slide out and in. When you slide the door all the way out and then try to rotate the door open, it hits that piston's mount.

First, get the door open. Then slide the hinged end inwards (do not allow the door to slide out). You can now rotate the door open without hitting the piston's mount. Keep in mind, at first, it will take a little bit more force to get the door to it's fully open position.

The panel door that opens isn't just a hinged joint, but it can also slide out and in. When you slide the door all the way out and then try to rotate the door open, it hits that piston's mount.

First, get the door open. Then slide the hinged end inwards (do not allow the door to slide out). You can now rotate the door open without hitting the piston's mount. Keep in mind, at first, it will take a little bit more force to get the door to it's fully open position.

Thanks for this. :rock I didn't want to mess with it any further since I was able to pull the tab but if I ever needed to change the batteries I'll have to do just what you said.

Love this monster to death! He's my only 1/6 piece (and sometimes Mark III & IV) that's allowed to chill at my desk uncovered :lol (they're all easy to dust off). First time I reposed him since I got him.

Need a new camera and better lighting :)

DSC01443_zpsd9c6d548.jpg

DSC01444_zps9451fb39.jpg

DSC01445_zps7b7188c0.jpg

DSC01446_zps91224e6e.jpg

Love this monster to death! He's my only 1/6 piece (and sometimes Mark III & IV) that's allowed to chill at my desk uncovered :lol (they're all easy to dust off). First time I reposed him since I got him.

DSC01443_zpsd9c6d548.jpg

DSC01444_zps9451fb39.jpg

DSC01445_zps7b7188c0.jpg

DSC01446_zps91224e6e.jpg

Wanna trade it?

Wanna trade it?

:slap:slap

Edit: That's a sick pose btw, PopCult!

Last edited:

thanks for this bro, and yeah you are right about the panel door, it has like a "C" bracket attached to the door panel hinged, i looked closely at mine last night and in the mid section of this "C" bracket there seems to be a protruding part like ("-C" imagine that "-" is attached to the mid of "C") and this is being block by an opening from the inside of the battery compartment, this is why i cant fully open the panel, the design in my set is not exactly the same as the other one "left panel" i wonder why HT did'nt design it as such would have been easier for everyone ...
i will still try again later as im at work right now ...

thanks a bunch again :wave

Great photos, PCK. Really glad I broke down and picked this figure up. Currently @ BBTS' warehouse getting ready to ship.

Back