MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batteries...?
Mine runs on a tiny arc reactor.
:lol

Great pics fellas. So looking forward to getting mine.

On a serious note:
monger4.jpg

Mr.Sallah. Great collection, but I highly recommend not using fluorescent lighting to illuminate your collection. UV rays will damage over time. Use incandescent instead.
Peace out :panic:

I thought so. I guess I was hallucinating when I first took it out of the box. I remember thinking, "I'm gonna have to wipe that thing clean from time to time."
Then after looking closely, the ring looked like a window could snap in.
Thanks~~

Yeah, looks like you're good to go.
I don't see a clear lens over the chest reactor on any of the pics.

LED would be fine too. And the good thing about LED is that they don't produce that much heat compared to other bulb types.

Thanks.
Sorry for getting caught up in the lighting questions, but just one more... what about halogen lighting?

Types_of_Halogen_Bulbs_128498_460.jpg

Great pics Sallah. And I love your detolf set up. My comes Thursdays, and I've got a few ideas with pics.

Very nice collection! :)

AMAZING collection Sallah! I love how neat and organized your collection is displayed! :thud:

Thanks fellas! I appreciate it... I did a video of my setup recently if you want to see the rest of the room- [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yr3u1rVCISc&list=UUFvd8RhSh-yghMn1Ub1ln-Q&index=6&feature=plcp"]Hot Toys Room display Video[/ame]

I really need to do an update though. I have added 2 Detolfs and made a few acquisitions since I filmed that. :)

On a serious note:
monger4.jpg

Mr.Sallah. Great collection, but I highly recommend not using fluorescent lighting to illuminate your collection. UV rays will damage over time. Use incandescent instead.
Peace out :panic:

Thanks for the tip! It is kinda misleading in that pic, but the light you are seeing isn't actually in the case... That is just a reflection of a light on the ceiling. I very rarely use it, I just turned it on to make the room brighter for the pictures.

Still... Even though it isn't on very often, It probably wouldn't hurt to change it out for a standard light. :1-1:

Sallah

Last edited:
Thanks.
Sorry for getting caught up in the lighting questions, but just one more... what about halogen lighting?

Types_of_Halogen_Bulbs_128498_460.jpg

Halogens will produce better light (brighter, etc). They are more energy efficent and last longer then your standard Incandescent bulb, but obviously cost more.

If you are putting them in the ceiling or track lighting, then you are good to go.

The reason you want to stay away from fluorescent bulbs (or CFLs) is because of the amount of UV that it produces. The more UV, the more damaging to colors and paint on collectibles

EDIT: found a link on Homedepot website comparing the bulbs

https://ext.homedepot.com/shopping-tools/light-bulbs/bulbcomparison.html

Halogens will produce better light (brighter, etc). They are more energy efficent and last longer then your standard Incandescent bulb, but obviously cost more.

If you are putting them in the ceiling or track lighting, then you are good to go.

The reason you want to stay away from fluorescent bulbs (or CFLs) is because of the amount of UV that it produces. The more UV, the more damaging to colors and paint on collectibles

EDIT: found a link on Homedepot website comparing the bulbs

https://ext.homedepot.com/shopping-tools/light-bulbs/bulbcomparison.html

Thank you for the feedback and link! :hi5:

Got my IRON MONGER today from ssc . Will post video and pictures soon but it's absolutely incredible ! The attention to detail is fantastic!

@zipflint: Nice photos, very moody! :) And congrats getting it.
@shells: already saw the vid on the tube, congrats to you as well. :)
@sallah: I need that detolf row. :)

Got my shipping notice today for CSC. Hoping it goes out as scheduled as I am already planning to take the day off work to get it on Tuesday.

Mine on its way from AE kinda surprised me thought I would be waiting another week to 10 days.... this figure is gonna dominate any display. just crazy workmanship.

I see that Alter Ego has charged my card, though no ship notification yet. Can't believe I've had this on pre-order since September 2011...

Back