MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Detolf? Bro, your Detolf will come crashing down under the weight of this beast :rotfl:lol:rotfl

Looks insane. Good thing I'm not an Iron Man collector - i'd be ever more broke then :lol

Just plastic shell... IM figures are light weights... should not be that much heavier than a ED209 or Power Loader.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCcZqcPOlNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCcZqcPOlNM&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

no interest from me, congrats to those waiting for this.

Yeah, dont think I remembered Iron Monger having the palm repulsors

Yeah, I didn't think so either. I had to go back in the movie to look it up and what you know, it's really there. Iron Monger indeed has repulsors on his palms.

PS: Added the Specs to the first page.

Yeah as I said in the other thread, if you have the art of iron man book you can see them in the pre-production artwork as well.

^I'll still say Lights aesthetic (follow Mk. 3) rather than functioning Repulsors. After all Tony is still tuning the repulsors in the movie for propulsion before switching for offensive for Mk. 3.

While I Monger is based on Mk. 1 without any repulsors.

Yeah, I didn't think so either. I had to go back in the movie to look it up and what you know, it's really there. Iron Monger indeed has repulsors on his palms.

PS: Added the Specs to the first page.

Well a pic was posted in the thread and it shows repulsors on the palms.

Monger really should come with his own Gantry.

Iron-Monger-Iron-Man.jpg

One of the cool things about toys like this coming out is that you become aware of details you never notice when watching the film.

Huh… the crotch there on the prop suit is different than on the figure. I just checked the book and the figure has the crotch as it appears in all the concept artwork but then somewhere between the concept artwork and the final maquette the crotch changed.

Last edited:
I just looked through the scenes. The hands are balled up into fists when he's flying but you can see the lights from the hands in a few shots before that. The scenes are so noisy though visually and he often had the hands in fists.

Well 44cm tall = will not fit in conventional detolf anyway :lol

Yes, you'll have to sacrifice a shelf space by removing one. As far as the weight is concenred, it'll hold up easily. It can hold my Conan PF and I'm sure that it's heavier by quite a lot than the Monger.

Huh… the crotch there on the prop suit is different than on the figure. I just checked the book and the figure has the crotch as it appears in all the concept artwork but then somewhere between the concept artwork and the final maquette the crotch changed.

I noticed this as well when comparing some pics this afternoon. I like the final movie prop crotch area better (thats...what she...said?:slap), but who cares. F____in Iron Monger yo! :panic:

44cm ain't that bad. I have a ThreeA bot who, with the cannons up raised is about 65-70cm tall. The Sideshow PFs are in the 45-50cm tall range as well yeah?

I don't have any detolfs though, prefer open wall shelving.

I noticed this as well when comparing some pics this afternoon. I like the final movie prop crotch area better (thats...what she...said?:slap), but who cares. F____in Iron Monger yo! :panic:

I do as well but it's one of those things I would never ever notice under normal conditions. It's like the preference between an apple and an orange. I'd prefer to eat the apple but by such a small margin as to be totally meaningless.

Yes, you'll have to sacrifice a shelf space by removing one. As far as the weight is concenred, it'll hold up easily. It can hold my Conan PF and I'm sure that it's heavier by quite a lot than the Monger.

Regarding the weight - yes a detolf will hold it fine i'm sure, I was just trying to be funny given how epic this thing is :gah::lol

Back