MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang, only four left?? It wasn't too long ago that there were 80 or so.

I guess with figure prices going up fast, $400 isn't what it used to be. ;)

Perhaps the initial pre-order price was less where you purchased it? I remember, at least for Hulk, that pre-order was $299.99 I think while the MSRP was $379.99 or so, somewhere around there.

^^^ No, I meant the initial pre-order price from other sites. It's been cheaper almost all the time on other sites like BBTS and AEC so I was asking if maybe he purchased it elsewhere and so it was cheaper than $480, but maybe not. Just a suggestion. Anyways, 2 more left on BBTS!

Man, I've been saving and saving, I want both this and ED-209 and with the armory coming in later, that's about $1500 right there... It's about $500 shipped for me at BBTS, or I can get it for $450 shipped elsewhere mint in sealed box w/ brown shipper. I usually like something coming from an official retailer like BBTS, but it would be $50 extra. My Iron Man collection so far stands at Mk7, War Machine, Mechanic, w/ Patriot and Mk42 coming in. This would be awesome displayed in the background with the Iron Man armors in front, but I will feel compelled to get Mandarin as well so Iron Monger doesn't stand alone as the only villain. I'm having trouble pulling the trigger at the moment. :gah:

I ended up caving and getting one from BBTS - my collection is just beginning but I definitely knew I wanted this one and figured I would grab it while it was at least retail. All the others I won't pursue since they are so far above retail now. I will just have to be satisfied with whatever new releases are made. BBTS is down to its final one by the way.

Man, I've been saving and saving, I want both this and ED-209 and with the armory coming in later, that's about $1500 right there... It's about $500 shipped for me at BBTS, or I can get it for $450 shipped elsewhere mint in sealed box w/ brown shipper. I usually like something coming from an official retailer like BBTS, but it would be $50 extra. My Iron Man collection so far stands at Mk7, War Machine, Mechanic, w/ Patriot and Mk42 coming in. This would be awesome displayed in the background with the Iron Man armors in front, but I will feel compelled to get Mandarin as well so Iron Monger doesn't stand alone as the only villain. I'm having trouble pulling the trigger at the moment. :gah:

I have 7, last I counted Iron man figures and this is the best Iron Man figure to own (period). I'd skip on the mandarin unless you come across a really really cheap deal. I would go with the 450 shipped deal over bbts's substandard stock thats a no brainer as the box with worth displaying!!! I have mine still out on display because its a very menacing looking box next to other hot toy boxes :)

The substandard one has damage on the box?

I was hoping Mandarin would still be in stock whenever the next 25% off coupon from cornerstore or some other official retailer is available.

That's an amazing photo btw, stylez!

This item is in Sub-Standard Grade Condition:
The item is brand new, in mint condition, and includes all packaging.
Packaging condition is 60% mint (C6), to 80% mint (C8).
The packaging may have dents, tears, price tags, creases or other flaws.
Sub-Standard Grade items are perfect for opening, the item itself is mint.

Haha, thanks for the advice guys! I think I'll pull the trigger on the $450 and try to sell some old Star Wars figures and some junk to pay for the ED-209. I'm still going to pass on Whiplash though, I just wasn't a fan of his character for some reason, not sure if it was because Iron Man 2 story wasn't so good, but I only really liked the War Machine reveal in that. I liked Justin Hammer more than Whiplash, dare I say :monkey3 But there's time to think about Trevor, no rush in getting him yet. I want to fit everything in a BESTA shelf so Whiplash might also make that a bit harder, plus I like the non-armored version better if I would have to choose between the two, just because it looks more unique whereas his Mk2 is another iron man armor in a sense.

If you are not particularly keen on the Mandarin figure but want another villain to go with Ironmonger, perhaps Whiplash Mk II, Loki or a Chitauri figure(s)?.. I think the Iron Man / Avengers license could eventually produce quite a large Villains figure collection. :)

Haha, thanks for the advice guys! I think I'll pull the trigger on the $450 and try to sell some old Star Wars figures and some junk to pay for the ED-209. I'm still going to pass on Whiplash though, I just wasn't a fan of his character for some reason, not sure if it was because Iron Man 2 story wasn't so good, but I only really liked the War Machine reveal in that. I liked Justin Hammer more than Whiplash, dare I say :monkey3 But there's time to think about Trevor, no rush in getting him yet. I want to fit everything in a BESTA shelf so Whiplash might also make that a bit harder, plus I like the non-armored version better if I would have to choose between the two, just because it looks more unique whereas his Mk2 is another iron man armor in a sense.

I really wish they would make Justin Hammer and 1 each of the 4 different drones - I would be all over that. Wishful thinking on my part I guess.

Last edited:
Back