MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too many QC issues. It does come down to what you can live with though. Lets see, my Watchman Comedian melted, Leaky DX02 batman, star not aligned right on my Captain America, Major box damage on my DX12, uke instead of Luke, peeling Captain America shield.....

This is TOTAL BS. Im convinced now more than ever that HT cares nothing for its customers. And all these figs are only 2-3 years old no?

Hell i wouldn't pay $300 for a fig that has cracks right out of the box, no matter how much i wanted it. Its the same thing that happened with the DX02, I found it incredible that peeps knew it was leaking and problematic and STILL went out and purchased it.
Im curious though, is the crack on a joint that would detach the leg if it broke from side to side, or is just an outter portion of the joint?

It seems to be the outer portion. I move (roll) the hip around and it doesnt look like it causes anymore pressure on it. Like someone said, it could have happen when they pop the leg on?? who knows

Yeah it could be a stress fracture from when they popped the legs on, I doubt it will get any worse. Everyones cracks look the same, err that doesn't sound right does it. :lol

My friend had one crack on the front right of his thigh. The one I got had both REAR thighs cracked. Here are my pics again...They're almost an half inch long

D4B01812-3264-4F1F-A6D5-F68BD75D198A-2490-000001DFD3E33995_zps81bb4a8c.jpg

0197A6AB-E4AD-4450-836A-BBACF67DF292-2490-000001DFCD144C04_zps5ac28987.jpg

Shipping mine back today and hopefully will get a better one

Wow that is depressing. Starting to feel better about selling mine. :thud:

Ok...I may be one of the few that isn't freaking out about this. I am just getting bored now with all the panic. No one even knew about this for almost a year. Some folks may have a worse one then others, but its getting boring reading all the panic attacks and critisism. Just a week ago we were all saying how awesome this was and postiing awesome pics. Sorry I don't mean to deminish anyones concerns, but its getting a bit out of hand. Its the equivalent of Hot Toys hypycondria.
I posted pics of mine earlier that showed I have the same issue. So I am not bashing from another perspective. My thigh joints are fine and the stress cracks are not getting worse. I move them all the time, because I love posing him. If his leg falls off, I might feel differently, but for now it is minor compared to the figure as a whole. Sure this is a QC issue, but not one that I think will be an issue for the life of the figure.

Last edited:
Ok...I may be one of the few that isn't freaking out about this. I am just getting bored now with all the panic. No one even knew about this for almost a year. Some folks may have a worse one then others, but its getting boring reading all the panic attacks and critisism. Just a week ago we were all saying how awesome this was and postiing awesome pics. Sorry I don't mean to deminish anyones concerns, but its getting a bit out of hand. Its the equivalent of Hot Toys hypycondria.

:goodpost::exactly:

To everyone that got it on release date, it's been around since then but no one has noticed until now. It doesn't seem to have a long term effect and no one would have noticed it if it hasn't be mentioned recently.

It shouldn't be there in the first place, no doubt about that, they need to bump up their QC with all the issues but for now at least this isn't a major long term effect issue. This figure will hold up for a long time.

Didn't know it was wrong to be optimistic about a situation..

What do you suggest we do about this issue then? Or the figure for that matter.

Throw it away?

Guys I just wanted to drop by and tell you that after seeing that crack in those pictures I threw away my entire Hot Toys collection. I'm now boycotting this company and I hope that all of you will do the same because thats the best way to solve this issue.

Guys I just wanted to drop by and tell you that after seeing that crack in those pictures I threw away my entire Hot Toys collection. I'm now boycotting this company and I hope that all of you will do the same because thats the best way to solve this issue.

:lol Honestly, to those that are so against us being "okay" with this issue, what do you exactly want us to do? Cry about it till the world ends?

Should the problem be there in the first place? Hell no
Should HT stop having so much QC issues? Hell yes

But mistakes slip by us all the time.

What exactly do you want us to do? Why don't we all hold hands and go down to the factory where these are made and do it ourselves?
These are not made out of diamond. They're plastic figures. They should do their best to stop these issues from happening but like everything else in the world, nothing is perfect.

I can't imagine how you guys react to game consoles having issues when they first hit the market because god knows that always happens and will continue to happen. Same goes for smart phones and all that junk we pay too much for to have.

What's wrong with us enjoying the figure as it is? Faults and all. It's a great figure at the end of the day but unfortunately has a minor issue.

:lol Honestly, to those that are so against us being "okay" with this issue, what do you exactly want us to do? Cry about it till the world ends?

Should the problem be there in the first place? Hell no
Should HT stop having so much QC issues? Hell yes

But mistakes slip by us all the time.

What exactly do you want us to do? Why don't we all hold hands and go down to the factory where these are made and do it ourselves?
These are not made out of diamond. They're plastic figures. They should do their best to stop these issues from happening but like everything else in the world, nothing is perfect.

I can't imagine how you guys react to game consoles having issues when they first hit the market because god knows that always happens and will continue to happen. Same goes for smart phones and all that junk we pay too much for to have.

What's wrong with us enjoying the figure as it is? Faults and all. It's a great figure at the end of the day but unfortunately has a minor issue.

NORMAL people learn form their mistakes. Mistakes happen, and then one makes sure not to repeat the same mistake later. With HT these are becoming all too regular. It can be practically a hobby in-itself to wait around and see what breaks down in one of their new releases.
The problem is the "oh well" attitude you have that is shared by many
1/6 collectors. Just letting it "go by" will ensure that HT do nothing when other issues come up. Why should they fix their QC if they know peeps will continue to buy their products blindly regardless of quality?
This fig is nothing more than a great looking POS due to this issue.

NORMAL people learn form their mistakes. Mistakes happen, and then one makes sure not to repeat the same mistake later. With HT these are becoming all too regular. It can be practically a hobby in-itself to wait around and see what breaks down in one of their new releases.
1/6 collectors. Just letting it "go by" will ensure that HT do nothing when other issues come up. Why should they fix their QC if they know peeps will continue to buy their products blindly regardless of quality?

Still doesn't answer my question. What's a better solution then? Throw out the figures we already used our money on? The only reason I have a "oh well" attitude is because there isn't anything we can directly do to fix this.

Yes, I said it before, I agree that they shouldn't be having these issues, look at the pink undies issue, 3 figures, a thread with hundreds of pages with users commenting on it and it's still there.

But with HT having the market cornered, we collectors are left with barely any options to pick from but enjoy what we paid for. I don't think there's anything wrong we us being positive with a product we paid a lot for. The issue sucks, no doubt, but there isn't much to do seeing as they have the market cornered.

If you don't want to buy from them, hey, it's your money, do as you wish. If you see that they aren't worth spending your money on, that's fine by me.

But as a collector, I asked before, please point me to another company that makes the same 1/6 scale figures they do without ANY QC issues. If every member here on this forum stopped buying, it would hardly leave a dent in their market. They would continue shooting figures out of their ***.

The only solution I see is have another company come in and make the same figures HT makes but on a better level. That way HT will wake up and actually be worried about losing people.

Last edited:

Alright, get Hot Toys to do a second complete run of Iron Monger figures without the cracks and then let me know when I ship mine back to exchange it.

Still doesn't answer my question. What's a better solution then? Throw out the figures we already used our money on? The only reason I have a "oh well" attitude is because there isn't anything we can directly do to fix this.

Yes, I said it before, I agree that they shouldn't be having these issues, look at the pink undies issue, 3 figures, a thread with hundreds of pages with users commenting on it and it's still there.

But with HT having the market cornered, we collectors are left with barely any options to pick from but enjoy what we paid for. I don't think there's anything wrong we us being positive with a product we paid a lot for. The issue sucks, no doubt, but there isn't much to do seeing as they have the market cornered.

If you don't want to buy from them, hey, it's your money, do as you wish. If you see that they aren't worth spending your money on, that's fine by me.

But as a collector, I asked before, please point me to another company that makes the same 1/6 scale figures they do without ANY QC issues. If every member here on this forum stopped buying, it would hardly leave a dent in their market. They would continue shooting figures out of their ***.

The only solution I see is have another company come in and make the same figures HT makes but on a better level. That way HT will wake up and actually be worried about losing people.

:exactly:.... competition breeds quality. If you are a practically a monopoly when it comes to 1/6 scale high end collectibles, then where else is a customer going to go??
I am Happy as a Pig in **** with my Monger, even with this issue, because no one out there has ever made anything close to this awesome available to me before...cracks and all....LOL....:clap
Because
Maybe some just can't deal with others being happy with an imperfect world.

One more thing...BBTS has some listed with non-working lights for 430, and I bet you good money they will sell eventually, and I would much rather have small stress cracks then non-working lights. I would have returned mine for an exchange if the lights didn't work. But if all that was left was one with non working lights, and I didn't have one, I would probably buy it. This figure is that good to me.

Last edited:
High end items have flaws all the time.Vehicle recalls, failing TV's,computers,video game systems etc,etc. Perfection is impossible.
But I do agree. It shouldnt happen!

You said the word "recall" which Hot Toys seems to think that "we" should point out and take care of. Yamato (a toy company) actually set up a system where they would send out replacement parts for damaged items. HT should do the same. Yeah, sure they might have "replaced" a couple things here and there, but there is no actual center to take care of the problems. Jump through the burning hoops, grab a number and wait in an endless line. As much as we pay, quality control should be way better. I bet if these figures were made in Japan, problem solved.
By the way, I do not mean to sound snappy towards you in any shape or form. I'm just angry that some people (not pointing fingers at you) actually defend HT and their actions.

Back