MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where do you get $25? It was 25% off.

It was going for $360 from the Disney store. Heck I would have bought it myself had this issue not come up.

I was just going on what I read here. I really have no idea other then what I read here. Also people that order from them did not get their item. again from here. So all my facts from from the last 10 or so post.

Ah my mistake than! :slap

It was 25%. Which made it a nice $120 discount. Shame we won't ever see a sale like that on this beast anytime soon. :monkey2

If it was 25% (I seen $25.00) and if I did not own this. Yes I would have bought it. But then again I would have put much more of a fight into this. Disney from the backbone we have known they don't put their stock in the checkout software.

No matter what, it sucks. But this is why I say just order from someone you know who is going to ship it to you. I only order my full items from SSC and parts from TA ONLY!. Sometimes it just not worth it to save penny's (or $25.00) and miss something. I paid full price for Hawkeye but only wanted some of his items. Then again the person who got the rest of Hawkeye wanted Fury. I got his rocket ($20). He was cool about it and just sent me the item I wanted.

It's what I say about a stake. If someone wants it well don't send out give them a cheaper cut. But if they want it rare to mid rare send the good meat.

Well I woke up this morning to a Email from the Marvel Store and My Hot Toys Iron Monger was Canceled saying it was not available at time of order,Even though my order went through and the sent me a Billing receipt..I had a feeling this was going to happen,,Congrats to all the people who scored though,

I actually ordered mine from the Disney Store, but it doesn't show up on their website anymore, so I was thinking the Disney Store and Marvel Store stock might be connected in some way. I haven't gotten a cancellation e-mail yet, though.

I got the cancellation email from disney store.com this morning

I got the cancellation from the Marvel Store and now awaiting cancellation from Disney. I guess this deal was too good to be true which really sucks! :mad:

I wonder had I ordered it for regular price at either place if it would still be available then? :dunno

If it was 25% (I seen $25.00) and if I did not own this. Yes I would have bought it. But then again I would have put much more of a fight into this. Disney from the backbone we have known they don't put their stock in the checkout software.

No matter what, it sucks. But this is why I say just order from someone you know who is going to ship it to you. I only order my full items from SSC and parts from TA ONLY!. Sometimes it just not worth it to save penny's (or $25.00) and miss something. I paid full price for Hawkeye but only wanted some of his items. Then again the person who got the rest of Hawkeye wanted Fury. I got his rocket ($20). He was cool about it and just sent me the item I wanted.

It's what I say about a stake. If someone wants it well don't send out give them a cheaper cut. But if they want it rare to mid rare send the good meat.

I don't buy directly from Sideshow anymore unless it's an exclusive item or if I can get a significant discount on something. I've been buying from them for years and years and they just aren't as good to their customers as they used to be in my opinion. I'd much rather buy from another retailer like Alter Ego or CSC that gives a discount on the item, double boxes it, and provides me with great customer service than Sideshow. I also look to obtain the best deal that I can these days with the way prices are constantly being pushed up and up with no end in sight.

I noticed that Alterego has a much better discount. Yes SSC has reward points but the discount you get from Alter is greater than the amount of reward points you get back.

You're basically paying SSC for getting the items first before other online retailers.

Alter Ego also has a rewards point system as well.

They do? Huh. Guess I'll have to place that order for the HoA tomorrow. I love that their price is a good $30-$50 cheaper, didn't know they also had a reward point system on top of that.

They do? Huh. Guess I'll have to place that order for the HoA tomorrow. I love that their price is a good $30-$50 cheaper, didn't know they also had a reward point system on top of that.

Its $5 for every $250 spent...i love alter ego, no CA taxes so its worth it to me...

Just paid a nice amout of 72 pounds for the tax a few days back and still haven't have to wait a while longer to get this in hand.

Its $5 for every $250 spent...i love alter ego, no CA taxes so its worth it to me...

Sweet. HoA should get me a nice $15 worth. Now does the reward count toward the final price paid? The HoA is $735 but after shipping its $756 so do I get points for the $735 or $756?

I noticed that Alterego has a much better discount. Yes SSC has reward points but the discount you get from Alter is greater than the amount of reward points you get back.

You're basically paying SSC for getting the items first before other online retailers.

I used SSC mostly being the Flexpay. As odd as it sounds. I see the items cost at the last payment (But I still know its real cost).

Now that would be grounds for a lawsuit. In stock at full price, and OOS at sale price. THAT is complete BS.

SO who wants to order one at full price and find out? :monkey3

It would be a waste of time and your money. Any store online or a walking can have so much stock set aside for a discount. Then the rest at full price. Think of any car ads you seen. They (or used too) have only 1 to 3 listed at that low price. I went to buy one of those low priced cars. I was the 1st one there and even seen the paper add before anyone else. Seems they sold it. But to who?

I did pay full price for my Iron Monger. I can say I would not buy it from Disney at full price (I know people there that can used their discount).

Well, at least there's still ~120 @ BBTS. I don't expect them to discount Monger beyond the $445.00 price it's at now, so it should take a while to sell out and allow those that want it to save up a bit and get it.

Well, at least there's still ~120 @ BBTS. I don't expect them to discount Monger beyond the $445.00 price it's at now, so it should take a while to sell out and allow those that want it to save up a bit and get it.

I do wonder (just wondering) if they just put in a number and go from there. This is a open site (SSCF) and I am sure they know about their backdoor by now.

I am not going to go back but I think the number was 260 sometime ago. This would mean at the retail price they have a stock in the back at $115,700. Even with your numbers there retail stock cost would be $53,400. This would mean they are over a 1 million online (I don't know if they have a walking) store a year. I also understand they are getting a discount (20/50%)

I never bought from BBTS before. I did checkout the website and came close to buying case of 3.75 but in the long run I did not need some of the extra items.

Back