MMS164 - Iron Man: Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was wandering around a shopping centre with the girlfriend and we entered a store with Hot Toys on display and she saw this guy inside a plastic display case and she asked me why didn't I buy one and it is a question I keep asking myself

I will have to sacrifice some room in my place for him...or else he'll just be hidden in the box...

I feel sad now :(

It would be a waste of time and your money. Any store online or a walking can have so much stock set aside for a discount. Then the rest at full price. Think of any car ads you seen. They (or used too) have only 1 to 3 listed at that low price. I went to buy one of those low priced cars. I was the 1st one there and even seen the paper add before anyone else. Seems they sold it. But to who?

I would beg to differ, when they advertise a "25% off of your entire purchase" sale.

I was wandering around a shopping centre with the girlfriend and we entered a store with Hot Toys on display and she saw this guy inside a plastic display case and she asked me why didn't I buy one and it is a question I keep asking myself

If you ever seen this figure in person, that's pretty much what anyone would say.

I think I'm going to just buy one from somewhere else as soon as I get my cancellation e-mail from the Disney Store.

I wish I did, but I don't think it's going to happen. I placed my order at around Midnight on Friday and my order status in my account lists the cost of the item as $0 and the status is closed. Not a good sign.

At least the changed the item's status to sold out on their site now.

LOL I contacted both Marvel and Disney through their websites about this and here are the two replies:

From [email protected]:

Dear Marvel Shopper,

Thank you so much for your recent inquiry and the chance to help.

Upon reviewing your inquiry, I see the item you are looking for is
currently sold out. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience
this may have caused. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience
this may have caused.
We do not know if or when the item will be available for purchase.
Please feel free to continue to check back with us at MarvelStore.com.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future and hope you
will visit us again soon.

Sincerely,
Kerri

From [email protected]:

Dear Marvel Shopper,

Upon reviewing your inquiry, I see the Iron Monger is currently sold
out. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have
caused.

We do not know if or when this item will be available for purchase.

Sincerely,
Kerri
MarvelStore.com Support

I would beg to differ, when they advertise a "25% off of your entire purchase" sale.

Well OK then. They only had 1 of those in stock and it was sold out in the 1st. 2 seconds of the sale. There was a software problem and well we fix it when we came in. You know those things called Business hours. Read our rule. Oh, Ya. Sucks to be you (part of our rules see rule #184,443,283). We really wish we could have had someone to come in but. Unions rules are well, you know Union's rule. Again if you read our disclaimer about 111,394 words into it. It will say we have the right to cancel anyorders if the mouse is fighting with the duck. Sorry to say. They where having a fight all weekend. Being we are in the USA and again rules are rules and Monday the 18th is a Holiday. We just could not get anyone to come in. Dam those rules to hell.

But you can sue them if you wish. I don't know of any lawyer who will take this kind of case for a %. So you will need to fund it in full. Rules have changed my little friend.

But you can sue them if you wish. I don't know of any lawyer who will take this kind of case for a %. So you will need to fund it in full. Rules have changed my little friend.

Oh I didn't say that I would sue them. I'd just as soon push a Lawyer off of a cliff than hire one....have had nothing but bad experiences with Lawyers and will never, ever hire one again unless someone points a gun at my head and orders me to do so. And then I'd have to think long and hard about it.

Just saying that would be utter and complete BS if someone were order one right now without using the discount code and it were to actually go through.

Especially now that I have two emails from they saying that they are OOS.

A funny side note, whoever responds to posts on the Disney Store Facebook page replied to a whole bunch of posts before and after my post about Iron Monger.....but strangely enough did not respond to my post. heh

I think I'm going to just buy one from somewhere else as soon as I get my cancellation e-mail from the Disney Store.

I haven't received my cancellation either. :pray:

LOL I contacted both Marvel and Disney through their websites about this and here are the two replies:

From [email protected]:

Dear Marvel Shopper,

Upon reviewing your inquiry, I see the item you are looking for is
currently sold out. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience
this may have caused. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience
this may have caused.
We do not know if or when the item will be available for purchase.

Sincerely,
Kerri

From [email protected]:

Dear Marvel Shopper,

Upon reviewing your inquiry, I see the Iron Monger is currently sold
out. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have
caused.

We do not know if or when this item will be available for purchase.

Sincerely,
Kerri
MarvelStore.com Support

But I'm expecting one any day now. :mad:

Asked for a rain check but they happily said no :( , not surprised, i do like how I placed an order on marvel and a Disney rep gets back in touch with me, thus Disney is running both sites and its the same stock, what angers me is, i can STILL put the iron monger , right now, in a cart to buy again.... GRRRR Has anybody not received a cancellation letter?

So after receiving basically the same emails (posted above) from the same person, both from Disney and Marvel, I replied with this:

I'm just curious, does the website not reflect whether or not an item is in stock? I know several people who ordered this figure, the order went through, and then a day or two later they received a cancellation email and their orders were canceled.

The Disney Store website now actually says "Sold out" but the Marvel website still allows you to order this product.

Thanks for the email. It sucks to think you're saving 25% on such an expensive item, only to have your order canceled.

They replied with this:

Dear Marvel Shopper,

We are delighted to have received your recent email and we appreciate your interest in DisneyStore.com.

Upon reviewing your concern, this item is from our outside partner, I have sent an internal email to the vendors for further assistance. Please allow 2-3 business days for an update from the vendor. At your earliest convenience please reply back with a good contact number and time to reach you so we can further assist you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have further questions. We look forward to future opportunities to be of service to you.

Sincerely,

Teresa

I'll be interested to see where this goes. Nowhere I'm sure, but fun to push it a little further anyway.

Back