1/6 MMS152 - Superman: Superman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS152 - Superman: 1/6th scale Superman Collectible Figure

Wow that's a little much isn't it? :slap

But I agree with the rest of your sentiment :goodpost:

I think perhaps you misunderstand, I mean not the greatest actor period, ever. I mean the greatest out of the actors to have portrayed Superman, there haven't really ever been anyone to better embody Superman IMO. That is simply all, not that Reeve was the greatest actor ... that belongs to Brando (IMO). Thought I'd clarify.

"That'll be me i've been swimming in raw sewage.... I LOVE IT...!"

...I LOVE IT!

How about Christopher Reeve in his wheelchair for the M Icon line?

That would be something, but I don't think it will happen.

Sorry but I find this maudlin attachment to Reeve almost more disturbing than the reluctance to accept that the sculpt may perhaps need tweaking.

Sounds like someone works for Lexcorp. :pfft:

But you're right, it's silly of me to be sentimental over a man who was an inspiration for millions of people. What was I thinking?:slap

It is in "The Sun" pics too:
0530-00487-002b3.jpg

But, hey! It is in production! Don't worry!

Actually, that's a really good pic of the head sculpt!

Last edited:

PSmod.jpg

Looks like just a matter of a slight repaint. There is still plenty of time to get it just about right.

Holy Galafianakis !!! Hot Toys are you seeing this ? HUH !? All it needed was eyes made larger, mouth widened, fat face gone and them stupid Spock like eyebrows sorted ! In our anger of a mediocre sculpt we photoshopped this beauty for you, now use it to make changes !!!

this figure looks awesome, im torn between getting it from Toys2 (which would be cheaper) or getting the exclusive from Sideshow and getting green kryptonite with it, arrgghhhh decisions, decisions

i'm also wondering how long it will take to sell out everywhere, im guessing not long, even though its not due out until the 4rth quarter

this figure looks awesome, im torn between getting it from Toys2 (which would be cheaper) or getting the exclusive from Sideshow and getting green kryptonite with it, arrgghhhh decisions, decisions

i'm also wondering how long it will take to sell out everywhere, im guessing not long, even though its not due out until the 4rth quarter

Yes i would hurry and make a decision might not be much choice soon ive got 2 ordered just to hedge the bets and Sideshow will sell out soon im sure its pretty inevitable, toys2 are pretty good ive got a couple of things from there and they always seem to get there stock quicker than alot of people.

Reeve Superman-Keaton Batman, perfect World's Finish duo. Matter of fact When I finally get a Keaton Batman I'd just soon trade my DX Batman away. Looks out of place without a DX Joker (I don't own one), or a Brandon Routh Superman Returns (don't own one of those either).

- No plans for a CK version in the short-term future;

Looks like it's two figures for me then.
I guess the Indy DX will be out by then, and I can see if one those hats fit for a Clark custom? That or I can have a mid change Clark to Superman figure

:lol @ the people calling this a "mediocre" sculpt. it might not be 100% perfect, but mediocre?

you people are LUNATICS.

get some perspective, you weirdos.

Then I'm happy to be a lunatic because this sculpt is indeed mediocre.

Well, don't get me wrong, it's a "beautiful" sculpt, but a very "mediocre" Reeve sculpt. This Supes is a perfect generic Supes, but I'm still looking for the CR likeness.

And if you don't understand why some peoplep call it mediocre, then please check the custom section for Eric Sosa's sculpt, you may have a revelation!

As for HT, I'm starting to beleive they could sell ____ in cans and everyone would be happy! And of course, you get bashed if you don't share this universal opinion that HT is the god of 1/6. For the price we're willing to pay and they ask, we're entitled to get perfection. This is not perfection, just tolerable!

:lol @ the people calling this a "mediocre" sculpt. it might not be 100% perfect, but mediocre?

you people are LUNATICS.

get some perspective, you weirdos.

Looks like it's two figures for me then.
I guess the Indy DX will be out by then, and I can see if one those hats fit for a Clark custom? That or I can have a mid change Clark to Superman figure

Plastic Enemies hinted otherwise at his 'weibo' microblog though.......so :dunno

More customizer blowing. The sculpt is fine, and if you can't see Reeve in it you need glasses. Sosa's sculpt looks like he just surprised himself with a massive fart.

Everyone outside this damn forum that I've shown it to, geek and non-geek alike, has been blown away and thinks it's damn near perfect. You people are just spoiled and built it up to impossible standards during the months between the announcement and reveal. Nothing would have made you happy. Nothing.

This sculpt is FAR from being mediocre. I'm not even going to get into why some people would see it as such because that would be a waste of time, but while it's NOT at all mediocre, there IS some room for improvement. That being said, if it stays as is, it will still be a very worthy collection piece, honoring the memory of a great human being.

Compare this to the $2000 CM one, this is pretty damn good. I saw the CM Superman in person at Toy Hunters and he looks like he is on Meth.

Sure there are plenty more, but those are just the more vocal posters:monkey1

Well im happy to be on the list of people who actually speak their mind

Then I'm happy to be a lunatic because this sculpt is indeed mediocre.

Well, don't get me wrong, it's a "beautiful" sculpt, but a very "mediocre" Reeve sculpt. This Supes is a perfect generic Supes, but I'm still looking for the CR likeness.

And if you don't understand why some peoplep call it mediocre, then please check the custom section for Eric Sosa's sculpt, you may have a revelation!

As for HT, I'm starting to beleive they could sell ____ in cans and everyone would be happy! And of course, you get bashed if you don't share this universal opinion that HT is the god of 1/6. For the price we're willing to pay and they ask, we're entitled to get perfection. This is not perfection, just tolerable!

I wouldn't call this sculpt mediocre - it is to me still a good sculpt, but nowhere near HT's best. And for such a high profile figure, I really do think HT out to do better even by their own standards.

Compare this to the $2000 CM one, this is pretty damn good. I saw the CM Superman in person at Toy Hunters and he looks like he is on Meth.

The CM one is an absolute disgrace. No comparison between HT's and CM's.

More customizer blowing. The sculpt is fine, and if you can't see Reeve in it you need glasses.

The sculpt IS fine, and we DO SEE Reeves in it, whether we wear glasses or not. But the argument is ACCURACY, not likeness. There is a likeness, but it is just that, a likeness, it is not an accurate depiction of Reeve. Considering that people will be paying over $200 for a LIKENESS, that's really lame and sad. Collectors expect ACCURACY - why else would they mod it or even sell it when a better sculpt/version is released? Because they want the MOST ACCURATE collectible that they can get. If they're not looking for accuracy then no one would mod or sell their figures when something better comes out. And then we can swing it back to you by saying, "If you see an ACCURATE Reeve there, then you need glasses".

Nothing would have made you happy. Nothing.

That's not true. This WOULD make us HAPPY. If HT gives us this, in fact, EVERYBODY will be HAPPY!

968126fc-e277-40a3-a73d-e73fd4374709.gif

Last edited:

The sculpt IS fine, and we DO SEE Reeves in it, whether we wear glasses or not. But the argument is ACCURACY, not likeness. There is a likeness, but it is just that, a likeness, it is not an accurate depiction of Reeve. Considering that people will be paying over $200 for a LIKENESS, that's really lame and sad. Collectors expect ACCURACY - why else would they mod it or even sell it when a better sculpt/version is released? Because they want the MOST ACCURATE collectable that they can get. If they're not looking for accuracy then no one would mod or sell their figures when something better comes out. And then we can swing it back to you by saying, "If you see an ACCURATE Reeve there, then you need glasses".

That's not true. This WOULD make us HAPPY. If HT gives us this, in fact, EVERYBODY will be HAPPY!

968126fc-e277-40a3-a73d-e73fd4374709.gif

Please, people at Hot Toys, take a look at this. Easy to fix!!!

No, you wouldn't be happy. Then you'd complain about the cheekbones being 1mm off. Or the spitcurl was too long and sharp. Or his eyes are just a shade lighter blue than they should be. Or his skin tone was too pink. Or the neck was too wide and would be hindering articulation. Or his smile lines weren't defined enough. Or the hairline wasn't perfect.

Sometimes you have to understand that you won't get perfection from a mass-produced product. It will never happen. Stop picking out problems and enjoy the hobby instead of playing the armchair quarterback. If it's that big a deal, don't buy the damn thing. In the end, all you are is another hypocrite until you just stop buying the products you deem to be unacceptable.

Remember that this is what we got a few years ago.

hottoyssuperman.jpg

Look how far they've come from that. Sometimes you have to accept that perfection isn't attainable, even from the beloved customizers. Not one of them could produce a reasonably-priced alternative to this.

I'm blown away by the sculpt. It looks fantastic and remember this is a 1/6 figure!!!

Ok I'm used to star wars and their poorer sculpts but this is swinging me to stray - I mean classic superman how can I not?

Back