MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a peek in the Bruce Lee thread. There's an overabundance of asshats who're apparently experts on Bruce Lee's physique and facial features critiquing what I know will spank the ass off of Enterbay's offering. By their posts, you'd think they've got PHDs in film accuracy. Feeding that type of behavior by defending it, and encouraging it, entitles it. DONT FEED THE TROLLS! The chicken____s post here and rag high and low on an otherwise perfect figure because they can do it anonymously. Again, if they had any balls, they'd take their critique to HT's Facebook page where they actually read what's posted. I don't think HT's been back here since this same bull____ got the original TDK thread locked.

Good discussion is important. But posts like, "PLEASE OH PLEASE HT! THE BODY IS SOOOOOO INACCURATE! STALLONE DOESN"T LOOK LIKE THAT! FIX IT!" or "OMG! STALLONE'S EYEBROWS ARE TOO ARCHED!!! DO THEIR SCULPTORS EVEN LOOK AT FILM STILLS?!?!?!" are bull____ posts that are better served being posted on their FB page. It's clear to anyone with a single brain cell, that HT is getting more mileage out of the T-800 body. Which makes perfect sense as it keeps the overall costs of their figures down. As for the eyebrow thing, people posting ____ like that need to see a doctor about prescription-strength stool softeners.

:fireworks

goodgod.gif

DiFabio you are hilarious. I feel like Im watching a spoof film...:lol

Thanks. You should see me as I make the posts. I act out the whole thing as I type it out, the WHOLE thing, nasally voice and all.

I bet I'd get a ton of hits if I did this ____ on youtube. Hmmmm.

All that stuff in the TDK and Bruce Lee thread is nothing compared to what I considered the absolute rock-bottom example of whining. You guys all remember the HT Hellboy figure. When it was shown, Some folks complained that its nipples were inaccurate.

I never paid any attention to that! I love mine, but if it's not nipple accurate, then I'll have to sell it.

Bad titties = bad figure.

:slap

Wow, this thread has been pretty active, the back-reading took me 30 minutes! :) Pre-ordered this awesome figure last week! :rock

I don't understand how one complains about a Hot Toys release, but does not plan to pre-order it.. When prototype photos are released, that's the time pre-order opens. So, you gotta like the figure or else you'll miss your chance to pre-order, and get it at a "practical" price.. Once the pre-order period for the figure is done, that's probably the only time you'll see photos of the improved version..

So if you decide not to get a figure because you didn't like the imperfections of the prototype photos, are you going to wait until the figure becomes in stock and pay 20-30% more than the pre-order price?!
It's much easier to get the figure on pre-order, and sell it or trade it if you don't like it.. rather than pass on the pre-order period and then later on chase after the figure in its inflated price..

:dunno

Eh, preordering is kind of stupid, I think. I've been doing it recently and end up canceling them because A.) another store gets it earlier B.) I find a better deal. While I do have the 1984 T1 Tech Noir T-800 on preorder I doubt I stick with it. What will mostly likely happen is I'll see it in stock and cancel, probably for a better price too.

The only thing you risk is it selling out. I've never seen a preorder that's significantly less expensive then when a figure is "in stock". So you're not losing any money.

It doesn't apply to every figure, but there's a small window of opportunity, after a figure is released where you can get it for a decent price, sometimes below the MSRP. This is usually common on ebay. If you miss this window though, you risk it going up (DX Joker and DX Batman).

You are correct in that pre-ordering does not have much benefit to all collectors, but it varies from retailer to retailer.. My local retailer gives us pre-order prices well below the market prices for as long as you either pay the figure in full or pre-order two (2) or more units.. Paying for the figure in full works for me, because it just takes away from having to worry about paying off a pre-order when it arrives.

I'm really more concerned of the figure being scarce by the time I pass up a pre-order.. It happened to me on the Rambo figures. It happened to me with the Original Costume Batman. :gah:

the sculpt on this figure is fantastic!! hopefully we get him before 2011, but with the mark iv, vi, and T1 figure coming first i doubt it

Release it once they have added the knife,people(including me) have posted on their facebook about it and pics with Barney carrying the knife so if they still won't add it i would be very dissappointed.

Back