MMS138 – The Expendables: 1/6th scale Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's plaguing just about every Hot Toys thread. Self proclaimed "accuracy expert" douchebags start nitpicking eyebrow replacements, minor lip inaccuracies, freckle misalignment, etc., and the whole thread just goes down hill from there deteriorating into utter taint sucking ____. It'd be nice to have at least one, JUST ONE MEASLY, HT thread not go that route because some moron thinks their childhood is being raped because HT sculpted Sly's eyebrows a little too arched and the mods are too chicken____ to say anything about it. If you don't like it, pass. Or wait to nitpick until you see production samples. Is that too much to ask? :huh

:lecture I have to agree with you there!

I have no problem with people giving their negative opinions about a figure if it's well argumented. Unfortunately there are people who feel the need to keep pointing out the inaccuracies over and over again, even if they're not planning to get the figure. It's just annoying to the people who really like and want this figure IMO.

Well I am getting the figure and I didn't like the movie all that well. I noticed it is missing "The knife" and "The Lucky Ring" so can I complain :nana:

j/k I am happy with the figure 'as is' regardless the little inaccuracies. I hope production piece resembles the proto. It will be amazing.

What the hell happened to "IMMA GET 4!"?

That's T-1000s, you said Robert Patrick, when I mention Stallone and Arnie, I'm talking Dutch, Terminator, Commando, Rocky, Rambo, Barney, they've just played so many cool characters with so many cool figures to get/make from each one. Robert Patrick's got T2 and that's it, I wouldn't even get a Dogget from the X-Files.

That's T-1000s, you said Robert Patrick, when I mention Stallone and Arnie, I'm talking Dutch, Terminator, Commando, Rocky, Rambo, Barney, they've just played so many cool characters with so many cool figures to get/make from each one. Robert Patrick's got T2 and that's it, I wouldn't even get a Dogget from the X-Files.

Oh, well yeah, individual characters. Sorry. I thought you meant buying multiples like not enough T-800 figures for Arnold, or not enough Rambo figures for Stallone.

And no, I agree with you. I wouldn't buy any other Robert Patrick figures besides T-1000.

It's plaguing just about every Hot Toys thread. Self proclaimed "accuracy expert" douchebags start nitpicking eyebrow replacements, minor lip inaccuracies, freckle misalignment, etc., and the whole thread just goes down hill from there deteriorating into utter taint sucking ____. It'd be nice to have at least one, JUST ONE MEASLY, HT thread not go that route because some moron thinks their childhood is being raped because HT sculpted Sly's eyebrows a little too arched and the mods are too chicken____ to say anything about it. If you don't like it, pass. Or wait to nitpick until you see production samples. Is that too much to ask? :huh

:fireworks

like i said, taste and eyesight varies. and since this is a public forum, there will always be all kinds of differing opinion. no need to put down anyone just because the dude's opinion goes the against yours/majority's. personally, i'm always more bothered by this kind name-calling than by any nitpicking to a fig i love.

if you love a particular fig, and you completely trust your own taste, why should it bother you whatever anyone says otherwise? :)

like i said, taste and eyesight varies. and since this is a public forum, there will always be all kinds of differing opinion. no need to put down anyone just because the dude's opinion goes the against yours/majority's. personally, i'm always more bothered by this kind name-calling than by any nitpicking to a fig i love.

if you love a particular fig, and you completely trust your own taste, why should it bother you whatever anyone says otherwise? :)

Take a peek in the Bruce Lee thread. There's an overabundance of asshats who're apparently experts on Bruce Lee's physique and facial features critiquing what I know will spank the ass off of Enterbay's offering. By their posts, you'd think they've got PHDs in film accuracy. Feeding that type of behavior by defending it, and encouraging it, entitles it. DONT FEED THE TROLLS! The chicken____s post here and rag high and low on an otherwise perfect figure because they can do it anonymously. Again, if they had any balls, they'd take their critique to HT's Facebook page where they actually read what's posted. I don't think HT's been back here since this same bull____ got the original TDK thread locked.

Take a peek in the Bruce Lee thread. There's an overabundance of asshats who're apparently experts on Bruce Lee's physique and facial features critiquing what I know will spank the ass off of Enterbay's offering. By their posts, you'd think they've got PHDs in film accuracy. Feeding that type of behavior by defending it, and encouraging it, entitles it. DONT FEED THE TROLLS! The chicken____s post here and rag high and low on an otherwise perfect figure because they can do it anonymously. Again, if they had any balls, they'd take their critique to HT's Facebook page where they actually read what's posted. I don't think HT's been back here since this same bull____ got the original TDK thread locked.

In total agreement with you. I've unscriped from so many thread because of this. People just going on and on. Contributing nothing of any real value worth reading.

I agree, there are people who just need to complain about everything...it's like they feed of of it, however, there's the opposite too....as soon as a long awaited figure comes out they write it's perfect...it's the sh**...oh my God....the best ever....etc.Objective criticism is needed. You'll find plenty of "oh my God" people in the T1 T-800 forum.

HT's were in this forum ?!. Argh, 1/6 collectors are always so hard to please.

All that stuff in the TDK and Bruce Lee thread is nothing compared to what I considered the absolute rock-bottom example of whining. You guys all remember the HT Hellboy figure. When it was shown, Some folks complained that its nipples were inaccurate.

So what are you guys proposing again? That these forums should have no discussion of negatives about any given figure? Everyone should always be happy with everything except on the occasions when you kinda sorta have the same complaint? Good luck with that.

Back to this excellent figure. Now that SS Flint is out peoples' appreciation to this figure should be multiplied by 100x.

I love the head sculpt, body sculpt, costume, paint, just about every damn thing about this figure. Statham and Li were must haves, now I gotta get Stallone.

Personally I don't like the way Stallone looks in the beret so I'll be giving the beret to Flint, win-win.

So what are you guys proposing again? That these forums should have no discussion of negatives about any given figure? Everyone should always be happy with everything except on the occasions when you kinda sorta have the same complaint? Good luck with that.

Good discussion is important. But posts like, "PLEASE OH PLEASE HT! THE BODY IS SOOOOOO INACCURATE! STALLONE DOESN"T LOOK LIKE THAT! FIX IT!" or "OMG! STALLONE'S EYEBROWS ARE TOO ARCHED!!! DO THEIR SCULPTORS EVEN LOOK AT FILM STILLS?!?!?!" are bull____ posts that are better served being posted on their FB page. It's clear to anyone with a single brain cell, that HT is getting more mileage out of the T-800 body. Which makes perfect sense as it keeps the overall costs of their figures down. As for the eyebrow thing, people posting ____ like that need to see a doctor about prescription-strength stool softeners.

Back