MMS121 - Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Whiplash Limited Edition Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll definitely be getting Loki, no doubt about it he looks fantastic. Basically I need to decide if I have a shelf of Red Skull, Loki and Odin or Red Skull, Loki and Whiplash

Leaning towards the Whiplash as it seems you get a much better figure

I'll also do a villain Trio, but it'll be TFA Red Skull, Avengers Loki, IM3 The Mandarin :hi5:

HELP :thud:i just broke the shoulder of this guy ,any one know if its repairable ,i have no way to post pics at the moment ,but the ball is still functional at the joint ,its the arm socket thats broken off ,that means the arm and fore arm is all still in one piece its popped off the ball joint and has a snapped part that kept it connected ,thanks to any who can work out what the hell im talking about:rotfl and can help :hi5: cheers chris

hi thanks for takeing a interest:hi5: ,it gets lonely out here in the land of broken toys :)as to glueing the broken part its pretty small and weak looking ,so i dont think so ,i think the only option is to glue the cup on to the ball ,looking at the unbroken side ,it dosnt look as if this will impeed the motion of the joint too much ,and in the absence of a better idea :),ill give it a try :pray:

Yeah, really impossible to give advise without pics. I've had a shoulder joint break on me (it was a part inside the torso) and I was able to repair it thanks to a spare part in my TT boneyard.

Only reason I haven't picked this guy up is because I'm holding out hope for a V2 Whiplash :pray:

idk why this hasn't happened, sure the end fight was lackluster but god would this figure be awesome. It wouldn't be harder to produce than iron monger would it? it's no where near that big.

Without pics it would be hard to give any other options...

At least the figures arms dont move that much anyway so gluing it should hurt it much

Yeah i understand no pics make it hard to know what options to offer ,but thanks any way:) ,and your right about the range of motion ,so i went the glue option ,and so far its ok ,seems to have the same range of motion as before :hi5: cheers chris :)

someone please help me with this because it still blows my mind.....you have the rights to the movie, the actor's likeness, and the character, how do you not have the right's to the correct color pants/jumpsuit Whiplash has on? Maybe I'm slow, I don't know.

**According to Marvel, there are legal implications regarding the orange-color of the pants as shown in the movie. Therefore, the pants’ color in merchandise would vary from that in the movie and would be tuned to brown color accordingly......

I get that and all. But who could the legal implications be with? The chain gang in Alabama?

"Marvel, we are planning on doing a Whiplash figure to go along with your Iron Man 2 movie"

"Sure, go ahead....but you can't make his pants orange."

"Why is that exactly?"

"Because there would be too much legal implications....."

":dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno:dunno"

idk why this hasn't happened, sure the end fight was lackluster but god would this figure be awesome. It wouldn't be harder to produce than iron monger would it? it's no where near that big.

Indeed. The Whiplash armor, let alone Iron Monger, are long overdue. At least the latter is announced and in progress.
Instead, HT chooses to use their resources to rehash figures that have already been released. :thud: :slap

someone please help me with this because it still blows my mind.....you have the rights to the movie, the actor's likeness, and the character, how do you not have the right's to the correct color pants/jumpsuit Whiplash has on? Maybe I'm slow, I don't know.

No doubt.
It's just crazy, the politics behind this.
At least there's an easy fix.

Hey Whiplash fans :wave Just got mine and im really pleased with how it looks. Not sure how to post pics on here but I will have a go. Thanks.

Back