1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Based on My favorite scene in TDK movie :hi5:

marry_me_12.gif

will-you-marry-me-300x300.jpg

In soviet Russia...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1qHd0YmquM"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1qHd0YmquM[/ame]

This Batman is still by far the best looking figure I have seen in anyone's collection... Its a shame it has to go for such high prices and a lot of them have the oil issue... A figure of this quality should be in every collector's home

:exactly: this & the Batman/Bruce Ex are my two favourite pieces I own but I'm a big Batman fan so I guess I would say that ;)

Mine arrives at my house Monday, according to UPS. This'll be my first Hot Toys purchase, so I can't wait to get it out of the box and onto my shelf.

I originally thought I was just going to by the 89 Batman figures, but after seeing the Dark Knight DX, I knew I couldn't pass him up. I've also bought the Scarecrow/Demon Bats from Amiami, and am on the waiting list for the Begins Bruce figure.

This Hot Toys thing is starting to become a problem for me. Wonder when I'll be able to preorder that Joker 2.0 DX...

I really want a DX2 figure badly, but I'm so hesitant to entertain the price these are going for when there's such a high % of issues with it.

I really want a DX2 figure badly, but I'm so hesitant to entertain the price these are going for when there's such a high % of issues with it.

I'd just hold off until TDKR. He wears the same suit for a portion, if not the whole, movie so it's a no-brainer HT will release another version of it.

I'd just hold off until TDKR. He wears the same suit for a portion, if not the whole, movie so it's a no-brainer HT will release another version of it.

To Nam you listen.

The original Batman Begins suit appeared in two films and Hot Toys has produced three versions of it. The Dark Knight suit is featured in The Dark Knight Rises and Hot Toys has already produced a second version (in the form of this DX 02).

There will be more TDK suits in 1/6 form, so I think a third is a given. Maybe their plan is (and this is purely speculation on my part) to release TDK Joker DX 2.0 around Spring and then unveil a "new" TDKR Batman that will hit around next summer to coincide with the film. Even though the Joker isn't part of the film, I'm positive the character is still more popular than Bane and Catwoman. Batman and Joker will always sell like hot cakes and I'm starting to see the point of having them available year round.

I'm going to assume Batman will have new toys in this one as well. So, new weapons/gadgets, the suit makes another appearance in the film, BAM a new "TDK" Batman figure.

I went ahead and bought this figure instead of waiting for the Dark Knight Rises version for a few reasons:

1. I got a great price for it on sale boards.
2. I'm impatient.
3. The Dark Knight Rises version will be significantly different than this version. If this movie is like every single Batman movie before it, the Batman costume will be changed and tweaked for merchandising reasons if not story purposes. Also, the sonar light up eyes device was something that was essentially destroyed at the end of Dark Knight, so I doubt we'd see that feature on a future toy.

If this movie is like every single Batman movie before it, the Batman costume will be changed and tweaked for merchandising reasons if not story purposes.

Well, there have been 3-4 four major scenes between Pittsburgh and LA so far and it's been the same exact suit from TDK. I've seen it in pics and in person, it's literally the same.

On the sets in Pittsburgh I heard rumors that there would be a new suit in Rises, along with a Batmobile and "Batwing" (this has been confirmed and revealed) but I'm beginning to doubt the info of the suit. I really don't think there's going to be a new one. Odd too because every Batman sequel film to date has had a new costume or too. Way to break a tradition! :mad:

:lol

the sonar light up eyes device was something that was essentially destroyed at the end of Dark Knight, so I doubt we'd see that feature on a future toy.

Good point. The sticky bomb gun and cape back pack might be exclusive to the TDK figure as well.

Well, there have been 3-4 four major scenes between Pittsburgh and LA so far and it's been the same exact suit from TDK. I've seen it in pics and in person, it's literally the same.

On the sets in Pittsburgh I heard rumors that there would be a new suit in Rises, along with a Batmobile and "Batwing" (this has been confirmed and revealed) but I'm beginning to doubt the info of the suit. I really don't think there's going to be a new one. Odd too because every Batman sequel film to date has had a new costume or too. Way to break a tradition! :mad:

Good point. The sticky bomb gun and cape back pack might be exclusive to the TDK figure as well.

I'd still bet on a new costume. Even with as much pull as Nolan now has with the studio, there are too many toy companies involved (Mattel, DC Direct, Hot Toys) for them not to tweak the suit a bit.

I agree with you on the backpack and gun, too. Even if they show up in the new movie, I'm betting the Dark Knight Rises Batman will have a different set of accessories.

I'd still bet on a new costume. Even with as much pull as Nolan now has with the studio, there are too many toy companies involved (Mattel, DC Direct, Hot Toys) for them not to tweak the suit a bit.

The only tweaks they could possibly do would be to make the TDK suit look more accurate. They did that already with the DX02 (even though it leaked like a siv). If they re-release it, it'll be like the Toyfare Exclusive Bruce Wayne where it's just a straight-up reuse of the rubber suit though, hopefully, sans leaks.

This Batman is still by far the best looking figure I have seen in anyone's collection... Its a shame it has to go for such high prices and a lot of them have the oil issue... A figure of this quality should be in every collector's home

ARRGH! Axecutioner, you changed your longtime avatar! How will I know who you are anymore or pick you out from the crowd?!

The only tweaks they could possibly do would be to make the TDK suit look more accurate. They did that already with the DX02 (even though it leaked like a siv). If they re-release it, it'll be like the Toyfare Exclusive Bruce Wayne where it's just a straight-up reuse of the rubber suit though, hopefully, sans leaks.

I think you misunderstood my post. I meant that the movie team will probably tweak the bat-costume for the new movie. I don't think the Hot Toys Dark Knight version could be made much more accurate, as it's pretty spot on.

I think you misunderstood my post. I meant that the movie team will probably tweak the bat-costume for the new movie. I don't think the Hot Toys Dark Knight version could be made much more accurate, as it's pretty spot on.

Maybe in the second half, but the suit's identical in the shots they've shown and said shots have shown the whole suit.

Hey Guys,

i've just bought a DX02 on ebay. He sent me some pictures and now i'm not really sure about this figure got oil problems.
The abs are soft so no DCD :-(

Here are some pics of the figure. IMHO the abs are a bit too shiny

Figure was displayed for 1 year he said. Can you determine which version i have? I think its not the first revision so it should be the second?

Greetings

Frickel

Abs are only shiny when it leaks, that's a sign, they gloss over and darken.

Abs are only shiny when it leaks, that's a sign, they gloss over and darken.

Was this an answer to my recent post??? I cant see my post from earlier today....

Hmm....i think i check the figure and if it's agreat problem, i talk to the seller and ask him to lower the price. Payed 600 $ including shipment from France. Dont want to pay this much for a leaking figure...

Back