1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

1) DX01 = 3rd Joker from The Dark Knight by Hot Toys

2) DX02 = 2nd new costumed Batman from The Dark Knight by Hot Toys.

The first bunch of DX02's to hit the market had a problem with leaking abs and biceps. (And in the beginning even warped heads.)

3) DX02 DCD = The DX02 (Batman) by Hot Toys that was distributed for the US by DC Direct. It's the same figure as the earlier DX02 but some of the quality control issues are sorted out. Although some have leaky biceps, the abs no longer leak. Getting one from the DCD batch is the way to go. However it wont be cheap. With 3 days left on the auction, the $170 that it's at right now will go up quite a bit. However, keep watching it. If you can get it for $250 than you can celebrate in my opinion.

Hope that helps. :duff

Yes very much so !!! I don't know where I saw DX01...must have been one of the ebay auctions that were written by mistake..:dunno. okay well I appreciate the info. The last DX 02 that sold...was at a high of about $327 and that was a Hot Toys. So unfortunately that is way to high to pay for a figure and certainly out of my price range. I might be able to get one at the local Comic Book Store...I will have to check it out..he doesn't sell his figures that quickly.

Again my thanks !!

Regards,

Echo 7

One last thought....

Is DC version come with the different faces such as the Hot Toys ?

Again, the "DC" you keep referring to is the same as the "Hot Toys" you keep referring to. It's just the group of figures (the same exact figure) that were distributed through DC Direct for the US.

:peace

Here is the side by side of the replacement with hard abs on the left and my second leaky one on the right
tdkreplacement.jpg

in hand no diff and I was not even aware of the abs being different material until I tried lift it up to look for the separating film as at the time noone even know of the new material

Yes very much so !!! I don't know where I saw DX01...must have been one of the ebay auctions that were written by mistake..:dunno. okay well I appreciate the info. The last DX 02 that sold...was at a high of about $327 and that was a Hot Toys. So unfortunately that is way to high to pay for a figure and certainly out of my price range. I might be able to get one at the local Comic Book Store...I will have to check it out..he doesn't sell his figures that quickly.

Again my thanks !!

Regards,

Echo 7

DX02 1st batch = came out in HK. Had too many problems that they might as well have named it DX-02 Proto. The cowl ears aren't aligned. It leaked in the abs, and the rubber peeled off very quickly.

DX02 2nd batch = mostly the international release. most of the problems in the 1st batch were corrected except for the leaky abs. There were some cases of the rubber deteriorating due to this, but not all.

DX02 3rd batch = the DC Direct version. Corrected the oily abs but the leak transferred to the biceps. There were some that didn't encounter this, though. It's also high in demand so it's very pricey.

So were the original abs made of the some material as the pants?

Jeez I checked my DX Bats today after moving him to another shelf and wiping off the armour - And he's leaking more than a battered sieve! :(

Yeah mine still leaks like a ____

I've got 2 original batch leaky ones, one is being used for my armoury dio, so the leakiness is not a huge issue, the other which is less leaky is for a HK scene display which i still need to sort out

And i have a DCD batch one which is being used to convert to a Medix... hahah... yeah, i'm totally batnuts

I've got 2 original batch leaky ones, one is being used for my armoury dio, so the leakiness is not a huge issue, the other which is less leaky is for a HK scene display which i still need to sort out

And i have a DCD batch one which is being used to convert to a Medix... hahah... yeah, i'm totally batnuts

Thats unreal ...I don't recall having any issues with my Takara Batman. You know they make you pay so much $$$ only for it to have issues...:thud:

mine is still leaking too :(:(:(

and sorry if this has been answered before but what in the world is a Medix? :dunno

i havent wiped off my batman in like 6 months lol.

Does anyone have a pic the Dark KNight version 1 and the DX side by side or comparisons?

Finally opened this thing up...........pretty bummed. Busted foot, and the sonar light doesn't work. Managed to fix the foot. Has anyone had any problems with the lightup feature?

Back