1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Just got this one to add to my little collection, it's awesome! Don't really need the V1 I have. What's a fair price to ask for it?

Just got this one to add to my little collection, it's awesome! Don't really need the V1 I have. What's a fair price to ask for it?

Check out eBay. People are paying prices equal to the DX for it. :cuckoo:

And WELCOME! :duff

No, it could mean that the elbow joint is broken. There are ways to vix it, but you would need to remove the rubber suit to do it.

The elbows are weak, and it varies from figure to figure. And the rubber suit doesn't help.

MonkeyRobotMaster tightened his elbows with nail polish I think. I would like him to describe that a bit further as I would like to do it before I do the bicep mod.

You'll need some clear nail polish, and then you'll have to remove the rubber shirt. Once the rubber shirt is removed take the nail polish and apply a small amount to the front or inside of the elbow. Work the nail polish into the elbow by bending it back and forth and blow on it as you do, and that's it. I know it may sound a little kinky, but it works and is really easy to do.

Thanks folks! i'll try to do that, i only hope that the joint isn't broken.. this really got my attention because i have an old Takara Batman too and this one still have tights joints on the elbows...

My Takara has weak elbows. I plan to do the nail polish trick on that to.

Buddies, I do not know if you're aware, but today is a special day for our friend EndoSickness...

Happy birthday, my friend!!!! :D

:happybday

:fireworks

i may be late to the table..i don't recall did someone do a comparison of the DC batman...The reason being is I see a DC Batman for 170.00 on ebay and it looks okay...brand new in box. I am also bidding on a DX02 Hot Toys..which is up to $235.00...How does that price sound ?

i may be late to the table..i don't recall did someone do a comparison of the DC batman...The reason being is I see a DC Batman for 170.00 on ebay and it looks okay...brand new in box. I am also bidding on a DX02 Hot Toys..which is up to $235.00...How does that price sound ?

Not bad considering what they go for on ebay

Thank you for your response...but, can someone direct me to a direct comparison between The DC figure and Batman ?? I know or I beleive that the DC figure did not have the problems that the hot toys.

They're both by Hot toys but the ones distributed in the US was distributed by DCD as a new batch from Hot Toys that has hard plastic abs and for some like my self, what seems to be platic bicep plates. From my experience there is no way to tell which is which when just looking at a picture. It is best to ask the seller if it is from DCD. The best way for you and the seller to know is to see if the belt he has on is wrapped in plastic (signifies rubber abs prone to leaking) or if there is just a plastic guard between the belt and figure (signifies DCD batch with hard platic abs)

They're both by Hot toys but the ones distributed in the US was distributed by DCD as a new batch from Hot Toys that has hard plastic abs and for some like my self, what seems to be platic bicep plates. From my experience there is no way to tell which is which when just looking at a picture. It is best to ask the seller if it is from DCD. The best way for you and the seller to know is to see if the belt he has on is wrapped in plastic (signifies rubber abs prone to leaking) or if there is just a plastic guard between the belt and figure (signifies DCD batch with hard platic abs)

Here is the link to the product. It is definitely a DC version :

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360318079325&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

My question thought is there a side by side comparison (pic's) between the Hot Toys and the DC version. Almost like they did with the Takara , Hot Toys and Medicom Batman Begins.

Please explain what you are considering to be the "hot toys" version and the "Dc version"? B/c as I stated before if you're talking about both being the DX02 just one from directly from HT and the other from DC Direct with the hard platic abs, I'm tryin to tell you that visibly there is no difference. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm trying to help, but most like my self will agree that it is just a matter of actually having the figure in hand to feel the hard platic abs

Please explain what you are considering to be the "hot toys" version and the "Dc version"? B/c as I stated before if you're talking about both being the DX02 just one from directly from HT and the other from DC Direct with the hard platic abs, I'm tryin to tell you that visibly there is no difference. I'm not trying to give you a hard time, I'm trying to help, but most like my self will agree that it is just a matter of actually having the figure in hand to feel the hard platic abs

Gipetto....

That's exactly it...I don't know what is the difference or if its a DX 01 or DX 02 ...Hot Toys vs DC....sorry I guess I missed your point. So bottom line there is no visual difference except for the Hard plastic Abs ?? What about the Sonar Batman..is that version only a Hot Toys?? Again thanks for your points.

Regards,

Echo 7

Gipetto....

That's exactly it...I don't know what is the difference or if its a DX 01 or DX 02 ...Hot Toys vs DC....sorry I guess I missed your point. So bottom line there is no visual difference except for the Hard plastic Abs ?? What about the Sonar Batman..is that version only a Hot Toys?? Again thanks for your points.

Regards,

Echo 7

1) DX01 = 3rd Joker from The Dark Knight by Hot Toys

2) DX02 = 2nd new costumed Batman from The Dark Knight by Hot Toys.

The first bunch of DX02's to hit the market had a problem with leaking abs and biceps. (And in the beginning even warped heads.)

3) DX02 DCD = The DX02 (Batman) by Hot Toys that was distributed for the US by DC Direct. It's the same figure as the earlier DX02 but some of the quality control issues are sorted out. Although some have leaky biceps, the abs no longer leak. Getting one from the DCD batch is the way to go. However it wont be cheap. With 3 days left on the auction, the $170 that it's at right now will go up quite a bit. However, keep watching it. If you can get it for $250 than you can celebrate in my opinion.

Hope that helps. :duff

The first bunch of DX02's to hit the market had the suit paint chipping/peeling problem as well as very small signs of abdominal oozing, second lot had the mass leaking abs and biceps. (And in the beginning even warped heads and messed up sonar eyes.)

Sorted. :)

Back