1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I really have not been following this too much. Has HT addressed the oil issues in the suit yet? I would love to get one but I would hate to wipe it every couple days.

To save me having to trawl through all the latest post. Would someone tell me what neck mod it is above? Because it looks great

I really have not been following this too much. Has HT addressed the oil issues in the suit yet? I would love to get one but I would hate to wipe it every couple days.

Nope, nothing. Total silence.

To save me having to trawl through all the latest post. Would someone tell me what neck mod it is above? Because it looks great

Basically modifying the v1 TDK figure neck. Swapping it out and doing some light sanding top and bottom and/or adding a magnet to the top of the neck.

After sending an email in mandarin to HT, they offered to send me a new body but I have to shipped my current one to them.

I'm still debating whether to do that or not, because if the replacement body they send me ends up oozing oil as well, i would have spend extra money on sending the body over to them for nothing.

After sending an email in mandarin to HT, they offered to send me a new body but I have to shipped my current one to them.

I'm still debating whether to do that or not, because if the replacement body they send me ends up oozing oil as well, i would have spend extra money on sending the body over to them for nothing.

I guess they still did not offer a good explanation on the issue nor a confident statement that any replacements will be free of same defects as the problem has been identified and hence resolved? Thanks for doing thus and sharing this info

I'm not convinced any replacement body they send will have the issue rectified. I would wait until the final batch is released and its confirmed that that batch is error free, before getting any replacement bodies (although not sure how that would work with the 30 day policy, but I got my sonar head replaced well after 30 days).

I guess they still did not offer a good explanation on the issue nor a confident statement that any replacements will be free of same defects as the problem has been identified and hence resolved? Thanks for doing thus and sharing this info

Nope they offered 0 explanation, only that they are sorry about it and willing to exchange a new body for me. I'm beginning to lose hope...but I seriously hope that they are trying to find a way to fix the problem .

Yeah when I emailed HT about getting a replacement John Connor head - I got one of the bad first batch ones - I told them i'd had it for half a year but they still replaced it for me so I guess they don't tend to stick to the 30 day policy.

ok, so i went to the extreme and actually sanded down the bottom part of the DX PERS neck. well...it does help having 3 of the damn thing, so if i want to 'reverse' it, i can always take a spare neck from the other 2.

anyway, it looks MUCH better. it's not that neck is too thin, it was too damn long, giving him a giraffe neck. while plasmid's mod has the right idea, it's a bit TOO thick, given the proportions of the entire body. not to mention the V1 neck was a bit too long as well.

anyway, what i did was this, and i only recommend this to anyone that has more than 1 of the figure.

i sanded down the bottom of the neck so the hole would be big enough to pull out that rubber thing that is supposed to connect to the ball joint inside the body.

what you get is, a shorter neck, making it look MUCH more accurate. what you lose is the firm hold you originally got. in other words, it won't snap into the ball joint anymore and will be 'loose'. so if you were to try and lift the figure by the head (not recommended to begin with), the head along with the neck would come right off (due to the magnet).

you can still pose it in various positions of course, but just keep in mind to never handle the figure with quick motions i.e snatching it off the display, or vigorous tilting...basically, don't be rough with the figure, cause the head and neck are sure to fling right out now that there's nothing to snap into place with the ball joint.

ok as of now, i'm trying to upload the pics, but my connection is stupid slow right now. i'll try and upload them later on.

anyway, hope you guys get what i'm talking about.

^^^

I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Me too. After a few very friendly email they ofered me to replace the body. In order to do that, I have to return mine. I guess they know what they are doing, as if they trade it for another oily one is just a waste of money and time. Mine and theirs. I'm confident this will work out.

BWolfX - that's exactly what i was thinking of doing to mine, look fwd to pics, I was hoping to retain the ball joint functionality though... anyway, will see your pics and decide what to do

these photos are already posted above ...

but people talk about neck again .. I hope to help

my neck modification
is the original neck dx....but it was worth :chewI am happy with the results

75523260.jpg

53229859.jpg

61933655.jpg

after

dsc07742i.jpg

dsc07792o.jpg

dsc07772t.jpg

dsc0776l.jpg

dsc0779h.jpg

the solution .....DREMEL !!

dsc0782v.jpg

Great mods. If you guys have an extra DX neck, send it my way! :lol Don't want to mess with mine.

I was willing to sacrifice the V1 neck since it wasn't being used anyway and I had already sanded it down a while ago to allow a better forward tilt on the original figure.

it ariived hooray hooray!!!!!!
:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana:banana

Last edited:

Hi all! Got my DX02 last weekend! :D

Had the oily abs problem as well, gah!

Took a pic with the DX01 etc, trying to get the dark mood. :D

25762_339852081195_632416195_4230344_6325298_n.jpg

"I have one rule."
25762_339861986195_632416195_4230357_6789278_n.jpg

hey just finished posin him, got the PERS, backpack, and sticky bomb in action and the sonar on my V1 a tinsy wensy bit of oil but i don't give a darn! (oh that's our short stop!) truely amazing work by hot toys, my hat goes off to you!!!

Back