1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

haha.. and i kinda like the DX03 MJ :) it's nice. still would prefer a Smooth Criminal MJ though :)

so guys, how do you pose your DX02 Batmans if there's a leak? i mean, is it leaky enough that it actually leaks onto the leg part of the figure?

Well we all exaggerate a lil ;) the residue/oil surfaces but never to a point where it would start dripping... or at least not in my testing.. had it untouched for over a week at one point and ones the rubber saturates to a certain degree it seems to stop. But removed it will restart the process of oozing :(

Didn't Wookster say that he had submitted his review of the DX02 Batman to Michael Crawford's website? Does anyone know when that will be available for viewing? Just curious as to how much these defects have affected the figure's score.

Didn't Wookster say that he had submitted his review of the DX02 Batman to Michael Crawford's website? Does anyone know when that will be available for viewing? Just curious as to how much these defects have affected the figure's score.

isnt the score just wookster own opinion? its not like the score actually affects the figure lol

Well, I would imagine the score will be effected only in the overall category or the paint category, as it could be paint related, but sculpting, articulation, accessories and all that should score high.

my batman is still in customs i think it'll be here wednesday

isnt the score just wookster own opinion? its not like the score actually affects the figure lol

It's more of a desire to have the quality of the figure acknowledged despite the few setbacks that the figure has endured. I think, overall, it is an excellent figure with great detail and accuracy; I just want that all reflected in the review.

It's more of a desire to have the quality of the figure acknowledged despite the few setbacks that the figure has endured. I think, overall, it is an excellent figure with great detail and accuracy; I just want that all reflected in the review.

Well, I would imagine the score will be effected only in the overall category or the paint category, as it could be paint related, but sculpting, articulation, accessories and all that should score high.

Well I'm one of the lucky ones, the oily residue is there, but it's very slight, taking a couple of days to get even noticeable, so he gets 'close' to clean sweep.
However that issue with the oil seems to be worse on some other peoples, so it certainly couldn't be ignored, it gets mentioned and ultimately it did effect his final score... but for me the amazing R&D for this figure far out weighs the problem, which I consider annoying, but ultimately slight. Hopefully Mike will run it soon, but I only sent it yesterday.

I like their reflective quality the most, the gloss on painted eyes works well, but the reflective quality of the PERS eyes is even better. I do think the PERS eyes would look a little better of the whites were more a darker tone like Hot Toys' painted eyes, there's a strong contrast between the iris and the whites and I think that's why a lot of people think the PERS eyes look odd.

Yes at this scale, the "whites" of the eyes shouldnt be that white. Figure Modelers usually paint the eyes little closer to Flesh color, as this seems to mimic what we see if a person was standing at the same distance to you to be at the size the 1/6 figure would be.

What about 'don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes'?

guys how long does an item stay in customs? it's been there since the 24th, sorry if this sounds impacient, but remeber i AM impacient

guys how long does an item stay in customs? it's been there since the 24th, sorry if this sounds impacient, but remeber i AM impacient

especially since you are really impatient :D

What about 'don't shoot until you see the whites of their eyes'?

I guess that means dont shoot them until you are close enough that the person you shooting at is bigger then 1/6 size in your view :-D

thanks i'll never survive it, but thanks nonetheless!

thanks i'll never survive it, but thanks nonetheless!

Be happy. My elcheapo endo skull from German Amazon was stuck in Canadian Customs for over 3 weeks!!!!

^^^^^HOLY CR^P!!!! how did you survive that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Just read Wookster's guest review! Very nice! I completely agree with the score *** 3/4 - I think that's an appropriate score for some of the faults of the figure. Everybody who doesn't know where to look, check it here:

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_030310b.htm

evertime i look at this figure i wanna cry because i had a chance to get it for $165 at a shop, but didnt have money.. when i had money a week later they were all sold out..

Back