1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Just reading through some of the pages, its a shame that most of you are getting your batman's with oil issue's. I feel for you guys. Its becoming unforgivable towards Hot Toys.
And this figure is damn excellent! Shame on Hot Toys.

I'm gonna wait and see what HT has to say after Chinese New Year is done with. If they don't start addressing this my preorder is getting dropped.

I probably wont see mine till May, but I'm getting dangerously close to dropping my preorder as well. Already sold off my V1 :banghead

^ Drop the pre-order and wait if you feel that this won't get resolved.

I'm waiting for in hand pics of the DCD Direct shipment.

Man, what is the world coming to when Medicom has better quality control than Hot Toys

Leave him be, if he came into this thread just to say that, then there is some true irony right there.

I'm in the DC Direct ordering group, as well. Hope they get this crap straightened up before that shipment hits, or I will be canceling mine as well.
Even if V1 isn't as good, I have one, he's paid for, and he doesn't leak oil.

Got mine on Friday fom Onesixthbruce (Cheers Wai Man !), it's an absolutely breathtaking figure. Mine has the leaky abs - had em straight out of the box, nothing to serious though & i can live with it !, the edges of the bottom 2 & upper right plate get a bit of moisture on them, I did notice that putting pressure on them (using a cotton bud) force the liquid to the surface so i have made sure the belt is just under them. It's wierd that this is the only place the liquid seeps out :confused:

Bats is (leaky abs included) perfect, no wonky heads, no wonky armour. The details of the suit are really nice, even the boots have a seperate sole, I love the stand & currently have him posed on it with the backpack & sticky bomb gun.
Now i need to save for a DX Joker (my wife's gonna kill me !).

I left my cabinet case open for a few days and no oil reappearance as of yet, perhpas the oil is from the figure left without any 'breathing space' and it sweating itself out (how realistic - not) :p WOuld explain why fresh out of the boxes' do it, being couped up in there with no air. Seems like a band aid fix though, i'm not going to, and can't, leave my cabinet door open forever

DSCF2875.jpg

I left my cabinet case open for a few days and no oil reappearance as of yet, perhpas the oil is from the figure left without any 'breathing space' and it sweating itself out (how realistic - not) :p WOuld explain why fresh out of the boxes' do it, being couped up in there with no air. Seems like a band aid fix though, i'm not going to, and can't, leave my cabinet door open forever

Loving that step up. I can't decide on how best to display bats. Cape? Batpack?

I'd love to see some more pics on how peeps are displaying him in cabs/ detolfs :D

Thx, bats' looks a little stiff, but i'm trying to sit him there as naturally as possible to see if the oil stays at bay. I think definately caped. I'm not the biggest fan of the batpack look, and plus, it really digs into the back of the armour especially when you install it

Yeah. The back pack snaps on so tight I'm worried that it could damage the figure if you're trying to take it off. Best to pull down on the back pack before you lift it off his back by the bottom of the back pack.

Yeah. The back pack snaps on so tight I'm worried that it could damage the figure if you're trying to take it off. Best to pull down on the back pack before you lift it off his back by the bottom of the back pack.

I had to put it on and take it off a few times when photographing mine, as long as you push down on the shoulders and gently lift it off there's no problem.
I think the problem is that HT have always made figures for hi-end collectors, who generally have a model collectors sensibility, but recently it's crosed over into a 'general' collectors realm, where people expect a kind of 'Hasbro' level of durability... and when things are this detailed, that's unrealistic!

Just take time and care!

It ain't rocket science!

Nice display Blakus!!

Back