1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

The problems found with the first batch were fixed. People reported flaking paint and warping heads, both were addressed by Hot Toys, the oil issue crept up after all that and wasn't reported while they were fixing the other problems.

MF, I know you like to defend hot toys, or so it seems, but they, like every other company, have their flaws. And this is no exception. This isn't just some little flaw, it's HUGE at this pricepoint. If Hot Toys can't fix a problem properly, then they will be losing a lot of customers....

just my two cents though. :peace

I'm starting to think that HT are hoping we'll all just shut up about it eventually.
:mad: :banghead
This is the latest email i got back after sending them 2 clear photos of the leakage:

:banghead :banghead :mad: :mad:

AGAIN, this makes me really angry! And I still don't have it! None of you guys should have to go through this crap!! :sick

One of the things I liked about this forum when I joined a month or so ago, was that this forum seemed so friendly. Its sad that it only takes one person to bring the whole attitude of a thread down. I know its hard to not respond to some comments, but if everyone could practice a little self control and just ignore comments that irritate you, this thread could be more enjoyable and informative, and after all isn't that what all of us are here for?

Sorry if this offends anyone, its just my opinion.

Very nicley put. :D We can all take note from this.

The boots do look weird but they pose well and give him a nice firm base. And actually the cowl being split in 2 is the reason I chose the Takara over the medi or HT.

May not be "screen accurate" but gives great posing options. The stiff neck look of the OC was the reason I held off on a Begins Bats... that is until I discovered the Takara. And from a few feet away, you really can't see the neck seam.

Well, actually, yeah I agree with you. The neck is very nice, but they didn't exactly do the best job. The upper head/neck clearly and visibly extends out father than the lower part of the cowl.

And I looked at mine and it looks as though someone took a knife and just sloppily cut the head.

However, the head is beautifully sculpted, and they definitely captured the look of the cowl and Bale's mouth better than HT did. The hands and accessories are pretty great too, I love the detailing on the inner hands, and I think the harness is a lot cooler than the pneumatic mangler or whatever the heck it's called :lol

But still, I can't say I wouldn't like to see the Takara head put on an HT suit. HT really nailed it.

MF, I know you like to defend hot toys, or so it seems, but they, like every other company, have their flaws. And this is no exception. This isn't just some little flaw, it's HUGE at this pricepoint. If Hot Toys can't fix a problem properly, then they will be losing a lot of customers....

Defend Hot Toys? Maybe you should read these threads and pay attention. I'm very let down by this. You made a statement as though HT knew about this problem when they were fixing things. When they stated they were fixing things, the only reported problems were the warped head and paint flaking. The oil issue only came up shortly before the corrected figures were going out. They couldn't have fixed this because no one knew about it and it seems like it's not showing up until it leaves their factory, now it's happening, and now the collectors are making it known. It's one thing to blame them for this problem, as it's their fault, but it's another to accuse them of inaction for doing nothing about a problem they weren't aware of.

I still remember possibly Cr0w asking if anyone has seen this weired oil build up as everyone was still upset with the other problems and uncertain if it really got fixed even though they have been acknoledged and resolved. I still did not have mine yet and not many responded him immediately but slowly and steadily the confirmations came in. I think I got mine like a week or so after it started being noticed as I was looking for it at the time. definetely not something that was discussed during the whole debacle of the first batch.

No, it seemed isolated when Toys2 was receiving their stock, I knew to check the armor when I got the figure, but it seemed like it wasn't until maybe a week or so before that when things broke out. I remember we tossed around ideas trying to figure out the cause and when I got mine I left him beltless to see if it could be tied to that. When the whole Facebook and mess over the HK release went down, no one was reporting leaks, of course most of those people seemed to be returning it within a day or two so probably didn't hold onto the figure long enough to know if it leaked or not.

I don't feel like HT knew about this before, but I do feel like they've yet to show it the same attention as the other errors with this figure and it's just as significant and prominent.

We'll see what happens next week when the big CNY break is over, if they keep on spouting out the same responses or if real action is initiated.

I still remember possibly Cr0w asking if anyone has seen this weired oil build up as everyone was still upset with the other problems and uncertain if it really got fixed even though they have been acknoledged and resolved. I still did not have mine yet and not many responded him immediately but slowly and steadily the confirmations came in. I think I got mine like a week or so after it started being noticed as I was looking for it at the time. definetely not something that was discussed during the whole debacle of the first batch.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2240280#post2240280

Yep, back in early January. I thought it was just paint rub at first, then it started getting slowly wetter and just building up quickly.

I sent an email this morning and heres what I got back tonight.

We are very sorry to hear about that.

Concerning Batman oil problem in abs area, please take apart the circle sticker and plastic bag of the belt, then you can slightly wipe off the oil by tissue. Please try and wipe off the oil once leak out to solve the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your support for Hot Toys products!

Thanks and best regards,

SA/ Hot Toys Ltd.

Same ol ish!

It's nearly funny the automated or rather scripted responses. Who would buy a figure like this to keep all the clear bags on.

It really puzzles me, why did they never do test runs with it when it comes to rubber figures after it's been manufactured. This should be done in the future. Or same repeats are going to bite them on the ass with new techniques for how they develop things. Let it sit for 48 - 72 hours to see if any effects happen. If not, then the way it's manufactured should be fine and let the whole product line run it's course. Why are they so obsessed packing figures not fully cured into their respective boxes... remember the DX Joker issues with some?...

Why do they not say let's do a trial run... or has the obsession with money taken over like many? small company = do well for a while, then become big = money money money think more money....

Growing demands from the collector base and HT's committment to meeting them.

Fans want sculpts tweaked they tweak, portraits added that weren't on the original plan, they throw them in, people want figures turned around quickly, HT pushes to get their figures out as quick as possible. HT has a lot of power but doesn't flex it. They make a great product, if they were to be slow to get things out, say like 6-8 months from proto to production, people might get tired of waiting but they'd still buy the product because of it's quality. HT could put a foot down at times to dictate things and do what's best, but sometimes I think they worry too much about giving the customers everything they want whatever the cost, which also creates a frustration that, if they're so worried about their customers, why do they not appear to take this oil problem seriously. Bad enough to get the intial email I got from them saying take off the shipping tape and wipe it away, but then to not even respond to my follow up email. I really can't figure out what they're thinking or doing about this matter. Some people get a thanks we're looking into it, others get the same useless remark from me, Facebook just gets the contact our CS response.

Everything comes with a price and this one has backfired terribly. Nearly March and this figure is still defunct. Well to some degree. Ever diminishing circles with their customer support as well. :/ It's like call centre's. So many people and nobody knows.

They'd be in fine standing with their customer base if they'd just show them respect and attention.

I think most of us understand that with mass production, things can go wrong, and all we're really asking is, if it does, please do something about it.

Nevermind doing something about it, it doesn't even feel like they're listening or really acknowledging people right now.

It almost feels like HT's thinking, will you people ever not find fault with this figure.

Unfortunately, the poor response from collectors regarding the warping and flaking problems probably isn't helping to get attention on this problem. Not that people were wrong to complain, but the manner in which a lot of the Facebook people, and I'm sure they emailed HT with similarly toned messages, was wrong. I'm upset with HT over this, but I'm not about to start bombarding their FB page or email with F bomb riddled messages like some people were over that. People really didn't help themselves in that mess.

hollo friend

my batman dx in my hands:banana:banana
not bear his neck giraffe and I modified the neck

dsc07742i.jpg

dsc07792o.jpg

dsc07772t.jpg

dsc0776l.jpg

dsc0779h.jpg

how did you do the neck mod? please share :D

Defend Hot Toys? Maybe you should read these threads and pay attention. I'm very let down by this. You made a statement as though HT knew about this problem when they were fixing things. When they stated they were fixing things, the only reported problems were the warped head and paint flaking. The oil issue only came up shortly before the corrected figures were going out. They couldn't have fixed this because no one knew about it and it seems like it's not showing up until it leaves their factory, now it's happening, and now the collectors are making it known. It's one thing to blame them for this problem, as it's their fault, but it's another to accuse them of inaction for doing nothing about a problem they weren't aware of.

Whatever you say... :rolleyes:

...ah the irony

HT should act like nothing is happening, keep on spouting the same response about the ab issue, and those that have, oh well, its purchased, to bad. LOL

It's like, we've sold 'em, you got 'em, beyond that, we gave you what you wanted...

LMAO

If they address it in anyway, such as a recall, providing replacements etc., I will be greatly surprised, as that will open up a can of worms and make many want to send in their 'defective' figures, regardless of whether there is a legitimate reason or not.

And the facts are, no one is boycotting HT - too many people want their stuff and the avg. buyer, not the maniacal boy that lives with mommy that analyzes the figure with a microscope is not going to cause a domino effect, or blast away enough at HT for them to worry about revenue and so forth.

They'll put out the products, and you'll still buy. That's it...

BWAHAHAHHAAHA

how old are you nygma? every post you write makes you sound like a petulant 12 year old

It's nearly funny the automated or rather scripted responses. Who would buy a figure like this to keep all the clear bags on.

It really puzzles me, why did they never do test runs with it when it comes to rubber figures after it's been manufactured. This should be done in the future. Or same repeats are going to bite them on the ass with new techniques for how they develop things. Let it sit for 48 - 72 hours to see if any effects happen. If not, then the way it's manufactured should be fine and let the whole product line run it's course. Why are they so obsessed packing figures not fully cured into their respective boxes... remember the DX Joker issues with some?...

Why do they not say let's do a trial run... or has the obsession with money taken over like many? small company = do well for a while, then become big = money money money think more money....

maybe this is the trial run..

Here is a pictorial account of my DX02.
Not Good enough Hot Toys! What happened to Quality Control.

Back