1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

My new M2 chest light was din out of the box. I opened up the batt compartment and was ready to get new ones but realized there was some oxidization on the battery, cleaned it an it lights were bright as it should be. Maybe check yours as well

Batman was fine out the box, but I know what you mean, my Mark 3 was like that, just had to clean off the batteries and it was fine, but if you turn the lights on say for 30 minutes or so, you'll start to notice it fading out slowly. When I did my Sonar shots, I'd get so caught up in them I wouldn't realize that by the end, the last few shots weren't as bright as the early ones. It wouldn't surprise me if they designed the things to shut down, but at the same time, what's the point then. No biggy for me to shoot photos as I don't need it to be lit all day, but for the purpose of being on display, at night time, I'm sure many people would want to turn them on and leave them for hours. Sure you'd eat through lots of batteries over time, but that's people's problem, not Hot Toys'.

I had the LX3 which was at the time the best P&S out there beating even the G11 but in low light it just can't compete with the lowest end DSLR with a fast lens. It helps with those indoor shots without the need of a tripod and also keep noise level low. I do miss the LX3 for it's mad macro capablities. Too bad I never had a chance to try it On this hobby :(
but yeah Ro you must hve a friend who is into this and can show you the difference. Start exploring to hone your skills cause you cannot ruin those shots of your kid ;)

The biggest difference I found going from the Canon PowerShot Pro 1 I had to the Rebel XTi I have right now was the vivid quality of the images went up leaps because of the difference in lens qualities and image sensors, but in terms of the settings I could control, there really isn't anything my Rebel can do that the Powershot couldn't. The main reason for the upgrade was for the megapixels as I was branching into doing weddings and things where 8MP wasn't going to do and I did need some of the other features too.

I need to take some photography classes. Maybe I can land my dream gig working for Playboy! :monkey5

I think a lot of people are just using that look as a way to make use of the original TDK figure.

I haven't tried it yet, but does the pack fit properly on the original? I'd think they would have had to design it that way since it fits so tightly on the DX.

I need to take some photography classes. Maybe I can land my dream gig working for Playboy! :monkey5

One lesson I've learned, a gig like that takes either knowing the right people or being quite old and really building a rep for yourself, but you can still do model shoots, I've done them.

As for classes, you can learn a lot just from books, hit up a Barnes and Noble and look through the digital photography and photograpy sections. Annoyingly, they do split them up, digital is in with the Photoshop books and things like that, and the photography ones are in the art section. I've never taken a class on photography in my life, everything I know and can do came from just taking photos and pouring over books and studying the work of other photographers.

I haven't tried it yet, but does the pack fit properly on the original? I'd think they would have had to design it that way since it fits so tightly on the DX.

The clips at the top will go in, you just can't get it super snug to the back shoulder armor like on the DX because of the size difference, but with the right pose angle, you wouldn't notice, I assumed from crow's shots of the v1 with backpack on that it fit exactly like on the DX, I was surprised when I tried it and found out it didn't fit exactly the same. So it can look fine, definitely fine enough that you'd probably be content enough to not buy a second DX just to do it.

I am so pleased that my V1 Bats won't go to waste or better yet get dumped. Now I just need a spare DX stand.

Yeah, as much as both TDK DX figures were a bit of WTF for just being incredible upgrades of the first figures, at least with everything out there, if you happened to buy it all, you can still make use of the parts from the first Joker and Batman and not have the DXs make those a total waste.

I think it would be a good experiment for anyone receiving one with the seeping oil now to just leave it alone - alert the dealer you got it from, but leave it out without wiping for a least a week and see what happens. If mine starts to develop symptoms, that's what I plan to do.

The clips at the top will go in, you just can't get it super snug to the back shoulder armor like on the DX because of the size difference, but with the right pose angle, you wouldn't notice, I assumed from crow's shots of the v1 with backpack on that it fit exactly like on the DX, I was surprised when I tried it and found out it didn't fit exactly the same. So it can look fine, definitely fine enough that you'd probably be content enough to not buy a second DX just to do it.

Well, I need the original to pose on the bat-pod.

Probably a safe bet. Since this isn't going to be like a standard exchange for people getting replacements, I'm sure it's going to take a few weeks of HT figuring out the problem then announcing and making the arrangements for how they'll fix it, so anyone wanting to try and get it replaced will probably be sitting on their figure for a week or two before anything, by the time Chinese New Year's over I'll be 2 weeks in myself.

I shot an email to Eric. I just discovered a rather annoying paint chipping on one of the carbon fiber colored armor plates on the left side of Batman's torso. It wraps around to the back of the figure.

Combine that with the oil problem and it's not something I'm going to tolerate on my shelf.

Well its the morning after and guess what? my dx is now a member of the lube clan! I have dabbed off the excess oil and this seems to have cured the problem albeit temporarily! Now comes the question: To wipe or not to wipe? I, personally, am going to dab periodically. This oil cannot last forever, can it?

And people, DON'T WIPE, this is obviously the cause of paint loss. DAB with a non-abrasive material such as toilet paper, or a cotton bud. This not only removes the oil, but also preserves the paint.

i've just got my dx for few days now and i can say that im really dissapointed with it. the overall quality is just not there. this doesnt deserve to be called a dx imho.
huge gap between dx01 and dx02.

tho i got perfect heads - no lumps or bendy ears whatsoever.
but those little problems are getting on my nerves.

if this were an mmx i would give it a 9/10. for being called a dx i would give it 5/10!

sorry guys.
im putting it on sale right now.

Last edited:

if this were an mmx i would give it a 9/10. for being called a dx i would give it 5/10!

sorry guys.
\

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

i've just got my dx for few days now and i can say that im really dissapointed with it. the overall quality is just not there. this doesnt deserve to be called a dx imho.
huge gap between dx01 and dx02.

tho i got perfect heads - no lumps or bendy ears whatsoever.
but those little problems are getting on my nerves.

sorry guys.

your picture is quite contrary to your statement ahah it looks amazing - give it to me if u want :)

Back