1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

seems like the ab plate area are pretty thick, still don't have a clue on the oil problem

maybe it need further shed to see it

I don't think it's glue as it leaves no stain when it drys.
The oil still is not building up, also I have blown on the oily area (I know I'm just asking for some double entendres for that one) and watched it slightly disappear, leaving no stain.
I still say it's silicone oil which is used with rubber because it does not damage it.

Doesn't batman use oilslick as a weapon in the batmobile. Maybe hes just got some in his pocket ?.

:monkey3

:lol
I hope they can figure out whats going on. I still want to pick this up but with space being a concern for me now I can only get what I'd be 100% happy with.

My oil build up was looking fairly bad this morning! Certainly not what you expect from a figure costing this much! I really hope it gets sorted and also the people that have this issue get some sort of replacement or something

What are those ab plates like? Are they squishy or hard rubber/plastic? Because my take on it looking at the photos is that they've filled those ab plates with some sort of liquid and it's simply seeping out. If it was coming from behind the suit, or something, wouldn't it be all over the place? Not just perfectly on the ab plates and nowhere else.

Love your banner thrust ^

DSCF2662.jpg

haha thanks mate :) i love her too :D
but i also love this shot. it looks so bad-ass. i love all those maulfan-shots but those 'natural' pics like yours of the figure just shows how beautiful it is. hope hot toys will fix the oil-problem soon and those prices at ebay will go a bit down. i want already my dx :sick

What are those ab plates like? Are they squishy or hard rubber/plastic? Because my take on it looking at the photos is that they've filled those ab plates with some sort of liquid and it's simply seeping out. If it was coming from behind the suit, or something, wouldn't it be all over the place? Not just perfectly on the ab plates and nowhere else.

It is indeed a soft pliable rubber, and its the area with the thickest, most dense area as well.

Well whatever HT does do about this, I hope the UK owners or anyone outside of their regional area aren't ignored.

i really wanna buy one now - ive waited till the warped head thing passed but now this oil leakage is a bummer plus ebay prices are mental - was kinda hoping play.com wud show sign of it even for pre order but nope

i really wanna buy one now - ive waited till the warped head thing passed but now this oil leakage is a bummer plus ebay prices are mental - was kinda hoping play.com wud show sign of it even for pre order but nope

Are Play still getting it?
It's not been on their site for ages?

Thanks wookster for the update. He is pretty connected and it's good to know that HT is looking into this.
Karnis thanks for the pictures. Based on the new observation I would think this new theory is best so far. Silicone/rubber may use glue but I suspect there are stronger "fusing" solutions that could merge the pieces for a stronger bond and retain the flexibility needed and that seems to be the source of the problem and explain all observations.

Been talking to HT, I was told the problem is being taken very seriously and they are researching the cause and working on a solution, but obviously CNY is a big Holiday in HK (a bit like the Crimbo shut down for the west). They are talking to the manufacturer of the materials used so hopefully we will know soon after the CNY break.

I told them that I left mine with a small patch of kitchen paper towel behind the belt last night and it doesn't seem to have come back.
As I said before it feels like some kind of silicone discharge, I wonder if it is gravity driven by the figure standing upright, so whatever the 'oil' is, it is seeping to the bottom of the panel. I do wonder what material it is made from, is it vinyl or silicone.

I get the feeling that the mood is pretty low (as it is around here) regarding this problem, and they do want to put it right as soon as is possible.

Thanks for the update, and I don't think it's gravity related as mine gets the effect laying down.

Been talking to HT, I was told the problem is being taken very seriously and they are researching the cause and working on a solution, but obviously CNY is a big Holiday in HK (a bit like the Crimbo shut down for the west). They are talking to the manufacturer of the materials used so hopefully we will know soon after the CNY break.

The thing is, they said they were not going to be releasing the international batch until after their New Year because they said they were going to be looking into after then! Suppose to be thoroughly examining quality control before it goes out. They said.

Once again they rushed it out before their New Year and have now gone on holiday leaving new and even more people with problems!

Hey everyone, just set mine up. There was a minor amount of oil when I got him out the box but this does not appear to have returned. Hes been in my detolf for 3 hours now, does it not show within this time frame or have I had a lucky escape?

Hey everyone, just set mine up. There was a minor amount of oil when I got him out the box but this does not appear to have returned. Hes been in my detolf for 3 hours now, does it not show within this time frame or have I had a lucky escape?

Give it a few days....you'll join the club. ;)

Mine was the same buddy, hate to be the bearer of bad news but one week on mine is much worse now

The thing is, they said they were not going to be releasing the international batch until after their New Year because they said they were going to be looking into after then! Suppose to be thoroughly examining quality control before it goes out. They said.

Once again they rushed it out before their New Year and have now gone on holiday leaving new and even more people with problems!

I agree that rushing is probably the cause, but without knowing what the source is for the residue, I'll give them benefit of the doubt that perhaps the side effect is not something they could know in production how to avoid and could be caused by surprising factors.

If they sourced the rubber for this pice somewhere new, or just a different mix than the other Batmans or the Alien or anything rubber they're making right now, and weren't made aware that the molding of it requires different conditions and timings.

Not saying that HT's without fault, it's still their production, but, I wouldn't necessarily accuse the they knowingly caused this problem, especially if they do own up and offer replacement and resolution on this too, they're going to be eating a lot of money on this figure. Surely after the batch 1 mess, they wouldn't have knowingly rushed at risk of further problems they knew could happen because then people would be demanding replacements again, like now.

Right this is weird. With the flash my figure looks fine and straight.
Picture303.jpg

But when I was taking pictures from low angles with low light.

Picture314.jpg

Can anyone see it. The eyes look wonky. I don't know whether it's just a trick of the light making him look goofy or I have a wonky head or something. Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this. I only looks that way from certain angles and lights but It was sure something was off.

Wouldn't say it was the wierdest thing in those 2 pictures mate, how far back does your thumb go!? :lol

My guess it's just the lighting.

Back