1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I think it's the lighting.
If the eyes are parallel no matter which direction you pose them, then theres nothing wrong with the PERS, only the optical illusion caused by the lighting.

It is the lighting, unless like kazuk said, your eyes don't move in sync when you change their position.

The way the eyes are sculpted and the shapes of the cowl, it varies how much of the whites you can see depending on the lighting and angle.

The eyes look a bit strange the way the cowl blocks the eys and how much light does or doesn't it them in this shot I took, but my eyes are fine.

213.jpg

i really feel for you guys that are having so many problems with this figure. I was really thinking about picking this up just to have a cool pose on the batpod, but there is no way with all of the head issues, peeling and now oil leaking out. I am sorry but if you have to constantly take care of a collectable it is a little crazy. Hot toys should address these issues by having a mass recall.

If I add a bit more light and direct it into the eyes more then the problem goes away completley. From any direct. I'd say that they're a hair off from some angles but others I just can't tell. Need someone else's opinion.

Looks cool with this much light.
Picture298.jpg

Picture286.jpg

With a flash from the other side.
Picture257.jpg

Light it differently and it can start to look odd.
Picture277.jpg

They seem to be acting same as mine, like I said, the way the sculpt is can play tricks. Yulli did a great job of separating the eyes from the cowl compared to the OC and v1 Batman figures, and because of that work, and because the eyelids don't move like real human eyes do when your eyes look off to the sides, the figure eyes can look "off", but unless you go to move them and they don't move together, I'd say your figure eyes are fine.

Well they are moving fine together no matter which way I move them. Thanks for the advice.

PERS or any posable eye system is nice and fun to have, but will always have angles and poses where it looks bizarre because of the eyelids permanently being in the same position. If a person looks down, the eye lid goes down with the eye, but on PERS, it stays open so you see a bunch of white at the top and it can look strange.

If the eyes don't look crossed with full lighting falling on them in a straight on position, and they move together properly when you change their pose, that's all you need to check to make sure nothing's broken.

The more I look at this figure, the more I fall in love with it :drool

Thanks for that explanation MaulFan.

The same problems exist with the PERS on the Joker and I couldn't quite put my finger on the reason.

It is definitely due to the "eyelids permanently being in the same position" as you say.

Fortunately, I think HT gives us a nice opening for the eyes on these guys, it's wide enough to give a pretty full range, but small enough that a lot of positions don't look rediculous.

It's pretty wild what different eye positions and variations of the mouth pieces can do to offer different expressions on this figure. I wonder if the day will ever come where HT, or someone, starts releasing figures with full face plates that can be swapped. It'd be too hard to hide just the mouth, but depending on how you make the hair, you might be able to do figures where the whole front of the face can be taken away and swapped out for another that has a different expression.

Then we could get figures for this :lol

face_off.jpg

They just give us two sculpts like they did with the 300 figure.

That's if the demand is there. I'd like an alternate head for Wolverine but it's no problem the one we got is great.

The thing is, they said they were not going to be releasing the international batch until after their New Year because they said they were going to be looking into after then! Suppose to be thoroughly examining quality control before it goes out. They said.

Once again they rushed it out before their New Year and have now gone on holiday leaving new and even more people with problems!

well they did fix all previous problems and I think we would unreasonable to blame this one on QC as almost all of the out of box figures have been oil-less :p

Give it a few days....you'll join the club. ;)

you are mean ;) he maybe one of the lucky few :D

i really feel for you guys that are having so many problems with this figure. I was really thinking about picking this up just to have a cool pose on the batpod, but there is no way with all of the head issues, peeling and now oil leaking out. I am sorry but if you have to constantly take care of a collectable it is a little crazy. Hot toys should address these issues by having a mass recall.

well most problems from the FIRST BATCH are fixed just this one was insignificant at the time compared so hardly anyone bothered pointing that out and it does look like they are addressing this issue so let's have some faith

Well, I'm thinking of having 3 or more face plates with each figure, that's why I raise the notion, 2 heads with a figure is common. I'm just thinking of like say the Joker, how many different facial expressions could look really cool for a figure, you could probably do at least half a dozen interesting ones, or someone like Jack Sparrow. Batman alone comes with 3 different expressions and with him it's not even that necessary, not like a Joker or character with a really big range of facial expressions to capture their personality.

well they did fix all previous problems and I think we would unreasonable to blame this one on QC as almost all of the out of box figures have been oil-less :p

How do you figure that?

I didn't understand that either... :confused:

Sorry. IPhone screen is too small and typing every few Traffic lights on red on this small screen I tend to loose track of what I typed ;). But yeah what Matt says
need an iPad ;)

Last edited:

And you are correct, QC can only stop things they can see before sticking it in the box and shipping it off, and I would hope that even the ones leaking already in the box started after they went through inspection.

Well, I'm thinking of having 3 or more face plates with each figure, that's why I raise the notion, 2 heads with a figure is common. I'm just thinking of like say the Joker, how many different facial expressions could look really cool for a figure, you could probably do at least half a dozen interesting ones, or someone like Jack Sparrow. Batman alone comes with 3 different expressions and with him it's not even that necessary, not like a Joker or character with a really big range of facial expressions to capture their personality.

I'm dying to see someone here or wherever make some customs of these with teeth showing. Heck sell a pack of mouth pieces.

In theroy HT could. They won't but they could.

Back