1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

No no. You pointed right. Sometimes, I think hot toys cannot be separated because it can be fragile. Once I took out the guntlet and put it again I was able to balance it. It was just a right hand part that was longer than left hand. Not the whole arm.

heewonie
glad you were able to fix the problem. So there was a part not properly I inserted, which one?[/QUOTE]

Besides Heewonie reporting that he stop his oil leak, Did anyone elss report that the Oil stop leaking after so many wipes? I guess what im getting at, is there a finite amount of oil that is leaking? ANd about how long until it stops?

Hot toys explained the peeling and oil problems are caused by paint process. They were in rush to produce them. It is possible it has certain amount of oil. But, repainting can also help.

Besides Heewonie reporting that he stop his oil leak, Did anyone elss report that the Oil stop leaking after so many wipes? I guess what im getting at, is there a finite amount of oil that is leaking? ANd about how long until it stops?

Mine has pretty much stopped leaking after several wipes & keep the belt lower than the ab plates.

Please note I've had mine since December...it was a first batch figure.

...and HT has NOT addressed the oil issue, it is separate from any paint issues.

If the problem is related to the suit materials sort of giving off some chemical because of not handled right at the factory, then I would think the effect is somewhat finite, that eventually the source for it will dry up.

If it has anything to do with a reaction between the belt materials and the suit, then I'm not sure how you'd resolve that.

I'd be content if HT said, this is the cause, it will eventually stop and normalize. That's the minimum I want out of them, what is the cause and will it stop on it's own and if not, can it be dealt with.

I read somewhere, the oil stop leaking after four weeks without wearing the belt.

I got mine in January 18 and I solve the oil issue. Mine's first batch. I think repainting on abs helped and yeah a lot of wiping. It worked on mine anyways.

I might test that out, once I'm done with photo fun, might as well de-belt him and let him be for awhile and see what happens. I have limited display space anyway so no biggy if I can't put him on show.

Speaking of display, has anyone devised their own stand for the HT Batmans? I haven't put mine out on display yet, but I don't like the idea of the crotch prongs digging into the rubber over time, short term it won't permanently dent it, but long term I'm sure it would. I want to rig the stands so that they'll hold the figure but be non-destructive, curious if anyone else has come up with anything. My Begins Batman especially needs a stand, as beautiful as that figure turned out, I know I'm not alone in the ankles being kind of weak on it.

how about you tape the crotch piece closed, so it doesnt put any pressure on the legs? if that makes any sense :)

Speaking of display, has anyone devised their own stand for the HT Batmans? I haven't put mine out on display yet, but I don't like the idea of the crotch prongs digging into the rubber over time, short term it won't permanently dent it, but long term I'm sure it would. I want to rig the stands so that they'll hold the figure but be non-destructive, curious if anyone else has come up with anything. My Begins Batman especially needs a stand, as beautiful as that figure turned out, I know I'm not alone in the ankles being kind of weak on it.

Sigh... you guys and your stands. :rolleyes:

It really is liberating to give them up. (As I look around my room at figures standing proudly in their glory... without stands including my wobbly Indy.)

But seriously, if you are really bent on using a stand, how about just fixing a layer or two of black felt to the provided Hot Toys stand? Seems like that would work good. Might be less of an eyesore than that silver in the crotch area too!

If the problem is related to the suit materials sort of giving off some chemical because of not handled right at the factory, then I would think the effect is somewhat finite, that eventually the source for it will dry up.

If it has anything to do with a reaction between the belt materials and the suit, then I'm not sure how you'd resolve that.

I'd be content if HT said, this is the cause, it will eventually stop and normalize. That's the minimum I want out of them, what is the cause and will it stop on it's own and if not, can it be dealt with.

I'd think just from the nature of it being a liquid, it is finite. However, as you said when does it stop? I'm just not sure whether to ask HT for a replacement because by the time it has stopped leaking the suit may start cracking or splitting due to the lack of moisture (it must be in there for a reason). I'd rather take my chance with a new body which may also leak than have this one that is certain to crack. (again we need word from HT on that)

I'd think just from the nature of it being a liquid, it is finite. However, as you said when does it stop? I'm just not sure whether to ask HT for a replacement because by the time it has stopped leaking the suit may start cracking or splitting due to the lack of moisture (it must be in there for a reason). I'd rather take my chance with a new body which may also leak than have this one that is certain to crack. (again we need word from HT on that)

Well, if the theory Les' friend had about certain things being trapped in by applying paint before they could exhaust from the rubber or whatever is on the mark, then it's not really fluids that should be there.

I just can't figure why it's isolated to one spot, if it's the belt, why doesn't anyone find any buildup anywhere else along the torso, it's concentrated at the abs for some reason.

If HT just offers you a replacement without telling how or why this is happening will you just take it or do you want answers?

I really want to press them for answers, replacement for this problem, to me, is a last resort, because without explanation there is no assurance that a replacement would be free of the problem. We'll see how I fair communicating with them trying to get answers, in the meantime I'll continue to monitor my figure and see if there's any sign like it might go away on its own.

If it is, as has been suggested, also a matter of time to allow the process to exhaust, then I'd be starting over with a replacement too. Right now, I've had him out of the box for a week.

Toys2 just posted his DX02 up 2 days ago. It was fine out of the box as well but developed the residue ones displayed. He has spotlights in the display and gets pretty hot. He did say he rather have the oils than not as he started pointing to the Tumbler front tires which were very close to one of the spotlights. It had a huge crack!!!!!!
Maybe I can find some space in my fridge and put one of my bats there as a test :p

Was wondering if someone could take some gliding shots maybe (*cough maulfan cough*)

Also wondering if someone could take a pic of the back of the suit (*geil cough cough*)

:D

Can't do gliding shots, nothing to support the cape.

Back