1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I know, I was addressing you as well as just put it out there for a general note to members for future posting.

This is my reply to them, see if it gets us anywhere...

Thank you for the response.
I assume the plastic bag of the belt you are referring to is the protective plastic around it in shipping, that was removed as soon as I received the figure, and for the first day I had the figure out of the box, the problem didn’t show up, the problem developed over time and has become more frequent and apparent with each day since having it out of the box. The attached photo shows where the problem is occurring for me, and where I have the belt positioned on the figure. What happens is the armor plate becomes darker and glossier than the other plates, and wiping at it can restore it to a lighter color and more matte finish, but the glossy, dark effect continues to come back no matter how many times I wipe it. Wiping seems to be no fix as the problem continues to occur after doing that. If Hot Toys could further investigate this problem to find a cause and solution it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think you could have worded it any clearer than that. Well done! You would think that there would be at least one person in customer service there that speaks fluent English. Hope you get a response soon! :)

...At this point, I'd be willing to gamble on a replacement if that's what it comes to, best case, it pans out and I don't have a problem, worst case I'm in the same position I'm in now.

So it is definitely bothering you enough to want a replacement then.

So it is definitely bothering you enough to want a replacement then.

It's getting there. It just looks stupid for one plate of his armor to be really black and shiny while the rest are more a grey tone and quite matte.

Like I said though, i want to push for some answer about this. I'm not just playing the replacement card because at the moment, there's no reason to think a replacement wouldn't suffer the same fate, but if I keep contacting them and they ultimately say "well we can offer a replacement", I might just take them up on it and take my chances.

Not bothering me enough to go through the hassle of a replacement - if it gets worse / causes peeling then I would def look ask for a replacement though

It'll be interesting to see if DCD figures ship with this last QC problem resolved.

Not bothering me enough to go through the hassle of a replacement - if it gets worse / causes peeling then I would def look ask for a replacement though

What then happens after their 28 days policy?... just say someone's is fine up until the last few days and the problem starts getting worse past this date. Are they going to stick by this or go the MS X360 route with further dates that is a known widespread problem...

Has all the _____ing and moaning stopped on Facebook or is it too early at the moment?

i got mine today ... very nice .. no problems at all ... but i still think im going to sell it off

... I am very concerned..receipt, I mine this week

someone detect these problems in the second batch?? or is only the first batch

please repli my

... I am very concerned..receipt, I mine this week

someone detect these problems in the second batch?? or is only the first batch

please repli my

All production batches of this figure to date are known to have figures in them that suffer the abdominal armor problems.

So far, I haven't seen any reports of warping or flaking problems with the second batch.

I haven't been following the troubles with the DX2 as people seem to blow it all out of proportion, just look at the issues people had with the figure when it was in pre production.
So after a quick scan of the is thread now its out, the DX2 has some sort of "oil leeching" problem is there any fix on the go or recommendation to correct it?

Expecting mine in a few days so what is best, just leave it in the box?

I haven't been following the troubles with the DX2 as people seem to blow it all out of proportion, just look at the issues people had with the figure when it was in pre production.
So after a quick scan of the is thread now its out, the DX2 has some sort of "oil leeching" problem is there any fix on the go or recommendation to correct it?

But, if you leave it just in the box, how do you know that it wont leak? What will the build do to the figure? Is it going to run and filtrate other parts? So many variables and scenarios...

The one thing I would like to see from HT is some sort of valid reason or anecdote to why this is occurring.

For some reason, most of us are finding the figure having this build up of residue or something on the ab plates of the figure. As far as I've caught, it's only around the ab plates, no the sides or the figure's back or the limbs. Right now, there's theory about the cause but nothing official from HT and no known way to stop it or prevent it.

Thanks Geil! I did exactly what you said and I made it same length as the left arm and it worked. I also discovered the right hand is bit longer so yeah. It's fine now.

I FINALLY FIXED MY OIL PROBLEM! Good thing my sis is an artist and she has enomorous art supplies. I used one of her marker. It's not a regular marker. It's called Chartpak marker super black P-100.

I coloured the oilly abs with that marker and gently wiped it nearly 30 mins. After you do that you wipe it again patiently. I repeated this process. And the oil did not appear in 6 hours. I've been checking my figure and its fine. No more oil bubles on the abs.

All figures are standard so it is not possible to actually own a TT that has a longer body part :p
HT should have been more helpful though in clarifying this but since that is not the case maybe we can help here:
The underlying TT body consists of many parts that are snapped together using mostly clips (possibly screws as well). The longer arm is likely caused by one of the parts (hand, forearm or upper arm) not being fully inserted. You can take of the hands off (carefully) on both sides and remove the gauntlet to push up the sleeve to see the elbow joint and compare the underlying limbs and hopefully you will see which part is off.
Somebody mentioned disproportionate legs and I would say it's the same problem as it is highly unlikely that they made a few limbs at wrong length when they use molds to do so.

[deleted by me]

Haha
I am glad I got to read it in my notification hehe

but you are right dun say anything if you have nothing good (or productive ... I added that) to say

heewonie
glad you were able to fix the problem. So there was a part not properly I inserted, which one?

Last edited:

Yeah, I deleted it myself...

Back