1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I am so anxious to see if my Batboy has soiled himself again :lol

I plan to try the DX belts on the v1 before using them on the DX to see if the best is the cause or not, if it is, then I'll be contacting HT with the finding and seeing if they do something about it or have an answer, if it doesn't happen to the v1, my assumption will be it's the figure, so I'll try a loose belt and see if that works enough.

If mine is not soiled tonight when I get home I will be trying to mount the belt one notch wider. Batboy without his Utility belt seems just too naked

OK, after six hours of the belt being back on after wiping it thoroughly dry & clasping it on the middle row of notches, no oil has reappeared on the ab armor. The belt is riding just below the ab armor. I tend to think the back of the belt indeed had a slight amount of some silicon lube on the back of it, as I could feel it on my fingertips after wiping it down. I do not think the suit is secreting any oils...I pushed down hard on the ab pouches to see if it would leak anything to no avail. I think that after a while, the lube starts to break down & thin out and smeared on the rubber. I'm guessing if you took the belt, brand new out of the box, & wrapped it around the leg for example, you'd get the same thing happen....moisture build up on the same area behind the belt.

Of course, I could wake up tomorrow morning & find the ab area wet again...who knows? :D

But so far, so good. I'll keep you guys posted.

Geil's the only member here to get the figure in hand since the first wave that I know of.

I still don't even have my UPS ship notice from Toys2, just a general email from them.

I have seen him pack up boxes at work and then take it home when he closes and hence assume he drops them of before opening shop the next day as he closes shop around 8pm if not later :p I feel so much like a stocker! :lol luckily he is a guy!

I got an email today asking when he could charge my card for my preorder!

Eager to wait for you guys to take pictures for your new bat.

I have seen him pack up boxes at work and then take it home when he closes and hence assume he drops them of before opening shop the next day as he closes shop around 8pm if not later :p I feel so much like a stocker! :lol luckily he is a guy!

Geil I hate you! If I ever go to Canada, it's going to be to shop at toys2.........and to steal your toys :lol

intothevoid, I love that setup!!! Especially the rooftop scene with Gordan and the bat signal!!!

I must know where you got those!!!:rock:rock:rock

Oh, and the eyes up/head down thing looks great!:D

intothevoid, I love that setup!!! Especially the rooftop scene with Gordan and the bat signal!!!

I must know where you got those!!!:rock:rock:rock

Oh, and the eyes up/head down thing looks great!:D

thanks a lot dude!

the batsignal is the 1/6 1mod6 signal that member 1mod6 offered here on a limited basis, was lucky to snag the first one! Gordon is a custom with a Spenser head

Geil I hate you! If I ever go to Canada, it's going to be to shop at toys2.........and to steal your toys :lol

-_- lucky for me you dunno where I live -_-

OK update. The Batboy without the belt did not soil itself, nor did the belt. My other Batman that had the belt on lower has started showing signs of residue now, not much, just a bit but even above where the belt was sitting. More importantly it was oozing it even in the lower abs area where the ab plates had the graphite pattern now. Again looks like the residue started out where the belt was tighly pushed against and ones the material was saturated it started to push the residue up to the uncovered abs. Again I strongly believe the oil is oozing from the rubber suit. The belt has no deformation at all and not likely had expelled the residue but the rubber did. A test by applying pressure for a short period will not be a valid test as the residue does not ooze out in just a few secs/mins as otherwise I should be looking at a pool of ooze at this point 24hrs later. Besides I doubt the belt material changed from the V1.
My next test will be to mount the belt in loose fit. Sorry, can't put on the belt on the V1 as I need to hide it so the woman dun realize I bought 2 DX02s :p

Mine is first batch, it's fine execpt the oil keep appears on abs. I took out the belt and wipe the oil and leave the figure without belt. After an hour the oil appears on suit again.

I think it's the rubber itself. I thought hot toys has taken care of the issue. Maybe, they were concentrating on fixing the peeling problem instead of oil. They just told me to keep wipe the oil with my finger.

Mine is first batch, it's fine execpt the oil keep appears on abs. I took out the belt and wipe the oil and leave the figure without belt. After an hour the oil appears on suit again.

I think it's the rubber itself. I thought hot toys has taken care of the issue. Maybe, they were concentrating on fixing the peeling problem instead of oil. They just told me to keep wipe the oil with my finger.

Going with the sponge theory if the rubber has saturated wth residue it will take time to drool out. I still believe that they have done something different to the rubber in the abs area to make it stiffer and possibly the reason for the oozing

batpod2.jpg

batpod.jpg

ARGHHHHH
hitme.jpg

HIT ME

Last edited by a moderator:

geil, great pictures!~ out of 10 what would you rate it. Does it match up to the DX Joker? And Geil when you went to Toys2 did it look like he had alot of shipment for the Batman DX. I placed an order on dec 24th and havn't got an e-mail from them that it's being shipped out.

Orders for this started in July, if you just placed an order in December there'll be other people ahead of you getting it shipped first.

geil, great pictures!~ out of 10 what would you rate it. Does it match up to the DX Joker? And Geil when you went to Toys2 did it look like he had alot of shipment for the Batman DX. I placed an order on dec 24th and havn't got an e-mail from them that it's being shipped out.

Honestly I started this hobby because of TDK Batman. Joker much like JC and MW impressed me with the realism but Batman was truly my fav and I was happy with it until I read this forum too much :lol But yea after reading this thread from beginning to end I still LOVE THIS FIGURE :D I can finally touch the figure!!!!! you just have to get this!
Yeah as for stock, I did not see stock piling up at all , just a large box of Resident Evil and another for Watchman. My DX02s came from the backroom, so he some but not enough to spill out which I have seen plenty of times :p btw I ordered mine the moment I newsleter announced this model ;)

Back