1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

what happened out there?

I thought a few days ago HT responded that anyone who isnt based in HK could email their customer service to get their DX fixed?

good luck, snake! I hope you get a perfect one, like mine.

If anything happens, lemme know, I could help you get a receipt from my local dealer, who's the sole agent for HT stuffs. But they get their stuff pretty late though, normally around 2-3 months after HK release.

Yeh, I am a little unsure of the situation really.

HT need to post a clear answer to the exact procedure and who is covered.

Thank you very much also, that is MUCH appreciated and I may need to take you up on that if mine is indeed defective.

:rock :rock

Crappy cellphone pics, since my camera is broken atm:monkey2

IMG00615.jpg

The DXd look stunning next to one another:banana
So are there any peeling issues visible on your Bats?

The commenting on facebook is getting a little out of hand and it got me thinking of cancelling mine...
The hole time I've been thinking that I would judge the situation myself once I got him and wont let the "panic" get to me. That I wouldn't let them change my opinion, but those guys seem pretty upset about this...

And now I'm really considering the cancelling option. Money doesen't grow on trees here where I live :) ...............well, actually it does. Finland is known of the paper industry, but you know what I mean.

true. I'm liking that bat signal.

Btw anyone seen the latest HT page on FB? Its chaotic out there:lol

And the fact that HT is not responding isnt helping at all.
Might it be that HT is not responding because they are out-of-office for the holidays?
But the guys on fb just keep pushing. I think it's getting outta hand in there. They might be better off discussing the matter here?
Not that I would want them here messing up the board though...

I want to ask, of all the figures and items that HT has ever released, is the DX2 the most problematic? I mean the way I see it, this figure has issues from head to toe to the point it's a disaster. The defects are so many it must be (or will be) costly and overwhelming to HT that they couldn't possibly accommodate everyone or fix everything. They'll surely lose money for all those replacements.

happy new year everyone.....
Now I must say that hot toys did do a great on the figure besides all of the issues it really is great BUT the one thing that bothers me is hot damn tall the ear are on the cowl. I am debating whether or not the cowl can be reworked around the exhisting cowl making it both wider and the correct shape.

Yeh I saw that too.

Apparently someone who called HT and asked about eBay sales and the like was told they could not get a replecement as HT only will grant that with a receipt from their actual store purchases. :(

So, basically, I am ????ed if mine is defective.

i can't believe this guy. he's always saying that he needs a receipt, but not saying that he should have bought the figure from Toys Hunter.

I've bought once my John Connor from eBay, like every other figure, he had his white nose, I've contacted Hot Toys and send them some pics of the defective head. They told me, that they would change the head only if I can send them the receipt. You see it's the same situation like this guy who's spreading such a panic over there. What have I done? I've done some screenshots of my paypal-payment-receipts, have given them the url of the auction and that's it. They replied me then to send them the head back, so they could give me a replacement.

So I'm sure, everyone here who's buying a DX over ebay, they will get a replacement from Hot Toys. It's really horrible to see how un-human those "customers" are acting there. First they screaming out loud that they want their Batman DX already, and now they're insulting Hot Toys out of the hell. To criticize their work is okay, but insulting them and using those abnormal and dirty words, man, that's a shame...

i can't believe this guy. he's always saying that he needs a receipt, but not saying that he should have bought the figure from Toys Hunter.

I've bought once my John Connor from eBay, like every other figure, he had his white nose, I've contacted Hot Toys and send them some pics of the defective head. They told me, that they would change the head only if I can send them the receipt. You see it's the same situation like this guy who's spreading such a panic over there. What have I done? I've done some screenshots of my paypal-payment-receipts, have given them the url of the auction and that's it. They replied me then to send them the head back, so they could give me a replacement.

So I'm sure, everyone here who's buying a DX over ebay, they will get a replacement from Hot Toys. It's really horrible to see how un-human those "customers" are acting there. First they screaming out loud that they want their Batman DX already, and now they're insulting Hot Toys out of the hell. To criticize their work is okay, but insulting them and using those abnormal and dirty words, man, that's a shame...

Yep, I hear you. I decided to remove my comments from HT fb-page because of the language some people started using...

Last edited:

Thinking about cancelling this. Mainly because deterioration in this stage kinda might suggests problems in the future.
I dont play with my figures, but there has been these deterioration rumours going around for ages. Never seen these kinda problems myself in my collection...

I wouldn't want to send my 'DX02 Bats' back and wait to get a replacement. Been in the process once and it was kinda agony. Only a peg problem though, but they wanted me to send both of Dutch's whole arms to them at which point I declined and fixed the problem myself. It was a long wait only to get the answer first...

Good for you. As for me, I'm not allowed to cancel my pre-order. I'll just have to go with this and hope for the best.

The peeling doesn't worry me, I'm thinking of removing the paint completely, maybe by sticking masking tape all over the batsuit then I'll remove the tape hoping the rest of the paint will come off with it. It's a crazy idea and I wouldn't suggest it to everyone here though...

As for the warped cowl, I was hoping the PERS mechanism and the sonar eyes could be easily removed from the cowl (and easy to reinstall afterwards) so I could dip the cowl in hot water and put it back into shape.

I do a bit of scale modeling, the reason why I'm quite daring with these things.

Last edited:

I already pre-orderd this one at my retailer :banana
I must say that these Figures done by Hot Toys are the best figures to collect,...i just recently picked up the BANK ROBBER Version and the DX JOKER...

Definitly worth it :gun
Cant wait to show BATMAN DX in my Shelve :naughty

Snake Eater -

I contacted H-K Apestore about a replacement to my defective heads and he emailed me the receipt for the figure and asked me to contact HT customer services directly, and asked me to tell them that a friend got the figure for me from Toy Hunters in HK and specifically asked me NOT to mention that I got it off ebay - so H-K Apestore is being quite helpful. I've emailed HT CS and await a response now

Also, thanks for the praise on the collection - that Joker head will take things to the next level:naughty:google

Snake Eater -

I contacted H-K Apestore about a replacement to my defective heads and he emailed me the receipt for the figure and asked me to contact HT customer services directly, and asked me to tell them that a friend got the figure for me from Toy Hunters in HK and specifically asked me NOT to mention that I got it off ebay - so H-K Apestore is being quite helpful. I've emailed HT CS and await a response now

Also, thanks for the praise on the collection - that Joker head will take things to the next level:naughty:google

That's damn good to hear. Thanks man.

Mine may not even have damage, but emailing HKApestore for a receipt was my next stage if so. :)

I guess this will put alot of people off of buying from Ebay as soon as the figure is out.

I have just checked with onesixthbruce and his orders will be from a later wave that will have hopefully sorted out the problems

Yeah ebay buyers would just use their paypal invoices, that'd count as a receipt of purchase, fingers crossed you won't even have any problems though. I do think it may be blown out of proportion however. I mean, exactly how many people are having major peeling issues? The head aside (which is an easy, john connor style replacement) Even if there are say, 20 or 30 people having peeling issues, which, are there even that many people, if you actually count them up, reading a few online may seem like more than there actually are, (even though that still is alot 20 or 30 defects) think of how many they would have sold, that havn't had that issue. I wouldnt go even near as far as saying every single one is defective and the figure is a complete disaster

Man, some of those comments, especially from Terrence and Pierre Tam, are just getting out of hand. I understand wanting people to know about it and getting the word out there, but hot damn, get off the computer for a few minutes and you might be stunned to realize that your priorities are a bit screwed up. Good Lord.

Glad I don't frequent their FB page, and generally keep myself isolated from other collectors aside from this place. Ugh. This is getting to He-Man.org levels.

I completely understand people being upset that a $200 figure has these kinds of problems, but seriously, the type of comments being posted on FB are just unreal. You'd think Hot Toys killed six of their friends.

Back