1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

They won't pull the FB page, it's a bad move on their part if they do, then it makes them look like they're running away or can't take criticism and that'll anger people to the point of actually ceasing to buy products, let alone ????? about them.

NONO of cause not pulling it now. But the moment this is all resolved (which I am sure will eventually happen) and all is calm they will let it die off and then take it off. Who in their right mind would want to allow this to repeat itself again as mistakes will always happen.

Hottoys staff are now saying things like "You should not touch the rubber part of the body when posting it, then it will be find" or "This is just a toy, don't be too serious about it" to their HK customers and I was like WTF?? They now also refuse people to get a 2nd replacement or after 14 days after purchase even if it's defected

Plus there's a long history of Hottoys staffs tread their HK customers like dirts (this is something you guys didnt know), their staffs are so rude that I cant tell you in words, so I understand why people are so angry on their facebook.

Hottoys dont really care the HK market since it's so small, but you guys shouldnt worry coz they do care about the oversea market.

I can totally see TH staff saying all that crap without actually consulting HT about it. They just want to shoot ppl down from bothering them any further. Seriously I don't think the guy I talked to even is into this hobby and thought that i was one of "those" idiots!

I posted a comment on HT's facebook page in an effort to quell some of the vulgarity and anger that is going on there.

That was decent of you but the vocal ones on FB won't calm down as they have pushed this far so they wont back down until HT gives them what they want. You may end up being on the road side as you are not being helpful to them.

Last edited:

NONO of cause not pulling it now. But the moment this is all resolved (which I am sure will eventually happen) and all is calm they will let it die off and then take it off. Who in their right mind would want to allow this to repeat itself again as mistakes will always happen.

I know, but I meant ever, after this whole mess, they just can't afford the public statement it would make if they pulled their page. Practically every business on the planet is having FB pages these days, all my local news stations are even on there. For HT to pull away ever after a mess like this just sends a message that they're running.

I know, but I meant ever, after this whole mess, they just can't afford the public statement it would make if they pulled their page. Practically every business on the planet is having FB pages these days, all my local news stations are even on there. For HT to pull away ever after a mess like this just sends a message that they're running.

This will be eventually water under the bridge especially ones the vocal ones have gotten their brand new durable versions. The decision some time in the future simply comes down to "allow this to potentially repeat many times over" vs "what benefits does FB exposure bring HT"
It's not like they can prevent these ppl to be heard in other forums but at least it would not be on their own sanctioned channels where it may poor over to other customers that were quite happy so far

That's my point though, pulling down the FB page would be like saying, we can't deal with you, we're just going to run away and pretend like everything's fine. It's a bad move, they might save reading this again but it's also a clear message to the people speaking that they don't want to listen to you. They've opened themselves up making an FB page, by doing that they've said we want to interact with you, get your feedback, all that, pulling that down is almost like an f-you to everybody saying we don't care about you anymore, and that move would bite them in the ass, won't happen.

If they really care about not seeing the FB page get like this again, they need to be smarter about product production. I noticed on the page that people also feel like it was rushed out, and if it really was then HT needs to learn not to rush things, they're better of getting it out when it's good and ready and have it be pefect when it ships than to be timely for some Holiday or event and have problems because it was rushed.

With reference to the flaking paint, I can't help think as I look at my v1, why'd they reinvent the wheel with the armor. While I do like the surface look of the DX better, ultimately, the v1 rubber worked fine, no flaking, no issues at all, why not use the same design to the materials just in a different mold made for the DX.

Hottoys staff are now saying things like "You should not touch the rubber part of the body when posting it, then it will be find" or "This is just a toy, don't be too serious about it" to their HK customers and I was like WTF?? They now also refuse people to get a 2nd replacement or after 14 days after purchase even if it's defected

Plus there's a long history of Hottoys staffs tread their HK customers like dirts (this is something you guys didnt know), their staffs are so rude that I cant tell you in words, so I understand why people are so angry on their facebook.

Hottoys dont really care the HK market since it's so small, but you guys shouldnt worry coz they do care about the oversea market.

Hows yours doing, OMG?

Any peeling etc?

This will be eventually water under the bridge especially ones the vocal ones have gotten their brand new durable versions. The decision some time in the future simply comes down to "allow this to potentially repeat many times over" vs "what benefits does FB exposure bring HT"
It's not like they can prevent these ppl to be heard in other forums but at least it would not be on their own sanctioned channels where it may poor over to other customers that were quite happy so far

And to think that they were trying to get more people to join their FB page last month:lol

But I'm confident that HT is doing their best to come up with a solution now that this thing is blown out of the proportion.

In HT We Trust!

They've opened themselves up making an FB page, by doing that they've said we want to interact with you, get your feedback, all that, pulling that down is almost like an f-you to everybody saying we don't care about you anymore, and that move would bite them in the ass, won't happen.

Well I simply would not interpret it that way :p I wouldn't even blame them for wanting to prevent ppl from speaking the way they did on FB in this incident. Control is what a company with products to market has to have over what happens on their "official" channels. I think most of us already agree that quite a few ppl on FB are way out of control now. I think care can and will be shown in what they roll out. I mean even this site has you and other mods to try to "control" ppl that get out of control and it does happen quite a bit (more so on other forums of cause) and would even remove offensive postings

And to think that they were trying to get more people to join their FB page last month:lol

But I'm confident that HT is doing their best to come up with a solution now that this thing is blown out of the proportion.

In HT We Trust!

Actually I think this likely gave them more exposure than they could have ever gotten on their own :p

I honestly can't believe any company would do that. Not only give crap customer service and ignore the problem with stupid answers (don't touch it) but ignore the Hong Kong market? How can they do that Hong Kong isn't a small country and it's where their based so I would think that it would be easier to replace parts over no overseas postage. When I got a defective Connor head they where fine with me. Seems like a different company your talking about.

I honestly can't believe any company would do that. Not only give crap customer service and ignore the problem with stupid answers (don't touch it) but ignore the Hong Kong market? How can they do that Hong Kong isn't a small country and it's where their based so I would think that it would be easier to replace parts over no overseas postage. When I got a defective Connor head they where fine with me. Seems like a different company your talking about.

Hong Kong is a country now? :monkey3

This request may well result in the dorkiest kitbash ever, but has anyone with the DX placed the OC head on it? If it's possible I'd love to see how it looks (not movie accurate for sure, but I love my OC head and would like to see if it fits in any way).

I'm not even sure you could put the OC head on it given the thickness of the armor compared to the OC figure, might need the extra long human neck from the TDK v1, even that might not be enough.

They're a region of China

But not communist you see?

Because that's why I get confused. Anyways it's a large place and I'm sure not full oppressed workers so thats why I'm surprised by what I was reading.

But not communist you see?

Because that's why I get confused. Anyways it's a large place and I'm sure not full oppressed workers so thats why I'm surprised by what I was reading.

Yes Hong Kong is not a communist region although it's handed over to China now. It's a special administrative region having relative autonomy and preserve the old system (mainly left by the period during the English colony era)

As to Toy Hunters staff, yes there are a couple who are pretty rude to local customers but I would have to say they already improved quite abit. Trust me, the way they treat local and overseas customers are totally different in the shop.

I am quite surprised to read the post from toy-world that they are now refusing to exchange the parts in 14 days etc... This is because from my past experience shopping there they will exchange wherever possible... so in this sense I wouldn't say they are biased. But maybe this time the number of exchanges are getting out of hand ?

Hope this issue gotta get solved soon so that both HT and the customers will be happy

They won't pull the FB page, it's a bad move on their part if they do, then it makes them look like they're running away or can't take criticism and that'll anger people to the point of actually ceasing to buy products, let alone ????? about them.

What makes you think they wont? I'm not saying they will or wont because I have no idea. It's not the first a company has done something like this when bad PR has hit. Pull everything back.

It's the same over here when a lot of American businesses were over here during the recession. Everytime things go bad in the UK, America pulls everything back to base. When things pickup they branch out again.

Not saying the lack of tact being posted there is right, but the general reason for it all is right, and HT just needs to cowboy up and take it, they're being called out for a mistake, they should just face the screw up and resolve it, which is what I expect they'll do.

Thats the common business practice these days though. Deny everything. Never admit. Stay in silence. Piss of your customers and hope it goes away. New chapter. That all reminds me of politicians as well.

Everytime a company gets too big thats how it always seems to go.

Thats the common business practice these days though. Deny everything. Never admit. Stay in silence. Piss of your customers and hope it goes away. New chapter. That all reminds me of politicians as well.

Everytime a company gets too big thats how it always seems to go.

I still think saying little is better than saying the wrong things and I think way too many wrong things have already been said on both sides.
I am sure the people who do have an impact on quality (and they aint the ppl talking :p) of the final product are working hard so let's just wait for the final resolution as they already have admitted to the problem, just prematurely provided a wrong solution so they are not simply hoping t goes away. The ridiculous statements mentioned are likely by ignorant individuals at TH I am sure

btw I suspect the new paint over rubber approach was to make the surface less tacky to dust and dirt

Back