1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I think we should all have had a whipround and bought him a Tumbler for Christmas as a thanks for all the great work he does bringing us these specs.

9bkihj.jpg

2ds2x5w.jpg

And one of my Detolf as a whole as it currently stands (much more TDK goodness yet to come):

2ypdzcj.jpg

Looks sweet, love the scene specific setups!

Yeah, I wonder how he did the interrogation room smashed window and, wait, is that a bat signal and a Gordon too? Amazing...

Last edited:

Thanks Blakus

Yeah, I wonder how he did the interrogation room smashed window and, wait, is that a bat signal and a Gordon too? Amazing...

THe interrogation room is zahal's amazing dio which he offered on these boards, excellent piece.

The Batsignal was made by 1mod6 who offered these on the boards as well but in the end only 4-5 ended up being completed, so i lucked out on getting one of those.

The Gordon is a custom using the Spenser head. The last shelf has a custom Bruce Wayne (Andy B head pending), a custom Fox using Z's head, and a headless Alfred with Spenser head pending a paintjob.

I have a plan set out for a second detolf shelf with some more scene specific setups, hopefully will be able to complete in the next couple of months!

Crappy cellphone pics, since my camera is broken atm:monkey2

IMG00615.jpg

The DXd look stunning next to one another:banana

DX Bats looks a tad slim next to DX Joker. Nice score none the less Hydeous. I will wait to pull the trigger on the DX Bats tho'

I love the chosen fighting style in Nolan's films, there's something very cinematic to the movements, where the other Batman films were almost like a street braul in hand combat, nothing overly interesting or unique to watch.

You really get the feeling that Nolan's Batman is a dude who will really mess you up, as opposed to the other film Batmen. I still wince when he breaks that guy's wrist in the nightclub, or when he he wrenches that one Joker thug's arm in the penthouse and it makes all kind of snapping noises.

I think the name of the fighting style they used for Batman is KFM or Kempo which is also effective for very tight close combat, very apparent with the parking lot scene at the beginning of TDK.

These are moments I wish Batman wasn't a character originally created for children back in the 40's. That's the reason why he's not allowed to be a killer by Warner Brothers/DC Comics because parents will be in an uproar if he was.

On the other hand, if Batman killed, he would've killed the Joker right away on their very first encounter on TDK (what scene was that, by the way?) and I guess the story wouldn't have lifted off?

Thanks mate.

In person the bats don't look slim actually, and I think with the cape on, it'll look perfect next to joker.
DX Bats looks a tad slim next to DX Joker. Nice score none the less Hydeous. I will wait to pull the trigger on the DX Bats tho'

Don't know if you can still find this but it's a good representation of the SWAT from TDK with its dark Navy Blue uniform

BBI SWAT Sergeant Mendez. This was my 1st 1/6th figure - cheap with lots of gear

MendezwithGear.jpg

SWAT-front.jpg

SWATandSEALCQB03.jpg

On the right (left is a custom figure - ACE CQB Navy Seal set + Hot Toys TT)

SWATBatmanHicks.jpg

My first few 1/6th figures - BBI SWAT, TAKARA Batman, Hot Toys Dwayne Hicks

Why is it when wookster posts other stuff/new news/dates/close info and such etc everyone takes his word but when he said Hot Toys wont be revisiting it too many wont believe him. Is this the trend? when a figure is new it's praised to no end but when it's 6 months to 1 year old it's nothing but inferior. Weirdness to be honest.

Because we only accept good news and pictures.:p

Don't know if you can still find this but it's a good representation of the SWAT from TDK with its dark Navy Blue uniform

BBI SWAT Sergeant Mendez. This was my 1st 1/6th figure - cheap with lots of gear

Cooool!! I knew I can always count on some great recommendations from freaks here :D. I'll be seeing if Toys2 has Mendez as I dis see the SWAT sheriff for sure

What's with all this DX Original costume talk for and bulkiness that most are riding on...

Wookster said on the Mediworld forums during the summer that Hot Toys wont be revisiting it.

Why is it when wookster posts other stuff/new news/dates/close info and such etc everyone takes his word but when he said Hot Toys wont be revisiting it too many wont believe him. Is this the trend? when a figure is new it's praised to no end but when it's 6 months to 1 year old it's nothing but inferior. Weirdness to be honest.

'Cause news and dates are facts, but HT saying they won't revisit something is just their intention, and besides, it's a fact that they tend to revisit successful figures. Hence room to speculate on the possibility, although I agree that Wookster is probably right.

I wonder when HT rights to make Nolan Batman figures expire?

true. I'm liking that bat signal.

Btw anyone seen the latest HT page on FB? Its chaotic out there:lol

And the fact that HT is not responding isnt helping at all.

Yeh I saw that too.

Apparently someone who called HT and asked about eBay sales and the like was told they could not get a replecement as HT only will grant that with a receipt from their actual store purchases. :(

So, basically, I am ????ed if mine is defective.

what happened out there?

I thought a few days ago HT responded that anyone who isnt based in HK could email their customer service to get their DX fixed? Also are the HT staffs on holiday? They normally respond immediately, if theres complaints via FB. Seems like no ones responding, and those people are going over the top with foul languages and rants.

good luck, snake! I hope you get a perfect one, like mine.

If anything happens, lemme know, I could help you get a receipt from my local dealer, who's the sole agent for HT stuffs. But they get their stuff pretty late though, normally around 2-3 months after HK release.

Back