1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Yea that particular problem is no big deal, but my understanding is the main gripe is the paint chipping and head warping.

It is, but it seems like more gripes are coming in for stuff like that image I posted, and that's what I mean when it's being blown out of control. One guy exchanged 6 times so far, which spreads around and everyone things this figure's a train wreck for it, yet the same guy is upset by the small things in the photo I posted, so just how bad were the other 5 I wonder. We only get bits and pieces of the big picture and it blows out of proportion because any bad news causes panic.

I still have plenty of material man

Is there anyway that you can get the flocked material ones again?

I really like the ones that crow uses. I think in a few pages back, he wrote down the name of the shop where he got his materials.

Looks 99% like the one used in the movie, where as the the other material feels a bit too soft for my taste, like a women's lingerie, IMO. Thats why I was waiting out a bit to see if anyone has used it on the DX yet.

Hope thats ok with you bud:peace

I agree with MF - it is probably just a small portion of the figures that were the first batch that are a problem. I do agree that the bubble is kinda ugly and annoying (I just hope I don't get one on mine) but I think that I see MF's point: we can't be too nit-picky about the whole thing; sometimes, there will be little flaws. On the other hand, I don't think that the flaws should be IN YOUR FACE. So, the bubble that stares straight out at you - hey, I think it is a somewhat valid gripe. but if it's just like one spot where you have a smudge on the paint (assuming it's a small area and relatively unnoticeable) then you should count your lucky stars that you got a good figure relatively unscathed and don't complain about it. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill, I think that's the phrase with which to walk away.

I agree with MF - it is probably just a small portion of the figures that were the first batch that are a problem. I do agree that the bubble is kinda ugly and annoying (I just hope I don't get one on mine) but I think that I see MF's point: we can't be too nit-picky about the whole thing; sometimes, there will be little flaws. On the other hand, I don't think that the flaws should be IN YOUR FACE. So, the bubble that stares straight out at you - hey, I think it is a somewhat valid gripe. but if it's just like one spot where you have a smudge on the paint (assuming it's a small area and relatively unnoticeable) then you should count your lucky stars that you got a good figure relatively unscathed and don't complain about it. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill, I think that's the phrase with which to walk away.

It's not, and MF never said it was a small portion of the first batch. It is a large portion of the first batch...close to all of the first batch with the head warping issues. Sure we can be too nitpicky, but headwarping and paint flaking is where I draw my line. This figure has got problems...

It's not, and MF never said it was a small portion of the first batch. It is a large portion of the first batch...close to all of the first batch with the head warping issues. Sure we can be too nitpicky, but headwarping and paint flaking is where I draw my line. This figure has got problems...

No, you misunderstand, I mean that the first batch of the Batman is flawed/defective but that it's only the amount that are out right now and that, when fixed, in the grand scheme of things, it will appear to be only a few of the total number of Batmans produced. Also, I think the head warping thing and pain peeling IS A MAJOR ISSUE; I don't think that is being nit-picky, I think having a little minor issue is being nit-picky and that's where the line should be drawn.

Well, the reality is, the only ones known to be defective are the small first wave hitting the HK right now, but who knows how many of the wave going to places like Toys2 are already boxed and also defective. Depending on the cause of the warping and flaking, the entire production run could be flawed, I can't imagine how you handle something like this, can't take every figure out and inspect it, lots of work and cost if you say screw it and just do a new run and scrap the figures already made.

Hot Toys' handling of the issue is all that's worth following at this point, continue reports of errors just builds panic, I think we all pretty much embrace the whole batch is pretty much messed up in some way or another and if your figure isn't consider yourself one of a lucky few.

Batman is wearing his batpack and sticky bomb, smirking down from the top shelf as I'm typing right now.

Something like this:

DX02_TDK_Batman_14.jpg

:banana:banana

Cant take any pics now, since my camera is broken:monkey2.

But trust me, he looks awesome! those mouth pieces is amazing. I cant imagine what they'd do for the batman OC, had they given us a few expression like these!

Glad you like yours, Hydeous. With all the negative hubbub currently brewing around this figure, it's easy to forget how good it looks.

But trust me, he looks awesome! those mouth pieces is amazing. I cant imagine what they'd do for the batman OC, had they given us a few expression like these!

I'm against the possibility of a DX Batman Begins, but interchangeable mouth pieces would be a feature I'd love to see on him. The way I see it, multiple mouth pieces should be mandatory on all future high-end 1/6 Batman figures. Heck, why limit it to just Batman? Do it for any and all superheroes, where applicable. Wouldn't even need PERS.

No, you misunderstand, I mean that the first batch of the Batman is flawed/defective but that it's only the amount that are out right now and that, when fixed, in the grand scheme of things, it will appear to be only a few of the total number of Batmans produced. Also, I think the head warping thing and pain peeling IS A MAJOR ISSUE; I don't think that is being nit-picky, I think having a little minor issue is being nit-picky and that's where the line should be drawn.

Ah ok gotcha. I hope you're right.

I'm against the possibility of a DX Batman Begins, but interchangeable mouth pieces would be a feature I'd love to see on him. The way I see it, multiple mouth pieces should be mandatory on all future high-end 1/6 Batman figures. Heck, why limit it to just Batman? Do it for any and all superheroes, where applicable. Wouldn't even need PERS.

Agreed, anytime the mouth would be a separate piece anyway, might as well pack in a few.

I have to say in all fairness

you find me any other company to has pushed the 1/6 scale to this level
from innovation
accepting responsibility for goof ups
and changing parts for free

I think HT is after all OK ya know

That is why I posted the pics to inject some positivity

img1903kw.jpg

Concure. Just too bad it will only work with masked heroes or villains :(

Glad you like yours, Hydeous. With all the negative hubbub currently brewing around this figure, it's easy to forget how good it looks.

Thanks mate:eek:

I totally agree. But which superhero would it be though? I cant think of any superheroes from the current existing movie masterpiece.

Well, I don't think they're all the generous for covering replacements on this, I have a feeling they rushed this to get it out for Christmas and that may have led to the problems, they should own up. Every company should own up to putting out defective products.

The thing that favors HT doing it is that they don't have editions sizes, when you commit to a certain number produced, your options for replacing and whatever become tricky, when there is no ES, you can make as many as you want or need, they have a lot of freedom because of doing things that way, I think other companies would be the same if they let go of edition sizes on certain pieces.

you guys may hate what I have to say
but the OC dark knight
to me looks Like FATMAN and the cowl although awesome to me does not look like the movie at all

and after PERS I am so jaded on non dx figs that I will not be able to buy fixed eye figs
with the exception of Like Ironman

I'm scared to buy this with these problems. :lol
How would I know if a figure was from a second batch if I waited ?. Do sellers usually specify this ?.

when they released the improved john connor head all the ebay sellers advertised it as such

you guys may hate what I have to say
but the OC dark knight
to me looks Like FATMAN
and the cowl although awesome to me does not look like the movie at all

and after PERS I am so jaded on non dx figs that I will not be able to buy fixed eye figs
with the exception of Like Ironman

Its thinner then the V1 TDK Batman,and rivials even the DX in thickness..where are you getting this FATMAN crap talk from?, do you own the figure?.

In this pic (which someone from another board requested a shot with the OC Batman), you can see I saw able to get the cape a bit more tidy coming out of the armor by tucking the cloth in with the clip as I pushed it into the slot:
DSCN0054.jpg

Yea, real FAT! :rolleyes:

Point also, Bale was bigger and fatter for Batman Begins..so stop whining. :D

I think that's the guy who sold his TDK OC Batman. Seller's remorse maybe? I don't see how it is not a near perfect representation of Bale in Batman Begins...

Back