1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Other than possible battery contact issues, I wouldn't expect it, HT's been using lights in their figurs for years, they know what they're doing. Some folks might encounter issues but the figure won't be plauged with them, working right will be the norm.

From your lips to God's ears :angelsmil

Overall I don't like the suit, and how it a rehash of the v1, the awkward smiling mouth is unfitting for Batman, the head....coupled with the angry mouth looks long, narrow, and odd. The eyes look weird, and there is no Bruce Wayne head :(

Hopefully, I think I'll have even more fun with him than Joker, in terms of photography, Batman's more visually interesting, plus Joker's a challenge to shoot bright enough the colors show but not so bright the white washes out.

I think so, especially with the darker lit shots. The new Body changes do look great although the legs look a bit slim. I was hoping for a different base, maybe a rooftop motif, as is it looks just like Joker DX, but I guess that a minor nit as it will also light up and when it does, it will look more dramatic with that outfit. :blackbat

Last edited:

Overall I don't like the suit, and how it a rehash of the v1, the awkward smiling mouth is unfitting for Batman, the head....coupled with the angry mouth looks long, narrow, and odd. The eyes look weird, and there is no Bruce Wayne head :(

Actually I do like my Medicom quite a bit even though I still need to do a lot of mods to it to really lose some obvious flaws, e.g. sticking out hands, cheap paint look, cape, carbon fibre, re-glue shoulderpanels
But even if DX02 may still be a bit bulky I love the idea of displaying it with the sonar, backpack and stickygun. If I can I will pose my V1 with the new expressions and PERS. OH man now that I think about it I should have ordered 3 capes from Iforigno!!!
I actually find the V1's bulkiness can be reduced a little by proper posing as I find many shots including my own Its almost like the butt sticks out so the tummy is even more emphasized in the front.
In general I find that a lot of pictures where the figures do not come across that well is poor posture of body and clothing. Ppl really need to spend more time and effort on these two factors. I think I remember the worse offenders being Two-Face, kitbash Bruce and Tony and Two-Face can really look so good

PS seeing Neo's pics just now reminds me set of photoskills seems important too :D

Last edited:

PS seeing Neo's pics just now reminds me set of photoskills seems important too :D

Yeah, stunning isn't it.

I still have no regrets of v1. As you said it's all in the pose that makes or breaks it. Granted I've done a lot of moaning about them. Also as we know... when was Batman's suit ever in broad daylight? :)

3345014529_1d579c6902.jpg
3037163508_1896b07261.jpg

3037163514_bec2a8cc37.jpg
3036279721_a0f2192347.jpg

3032412097_d5e8841148.jpg
3037086878_f443cd22ae.jpg

Vodoun nice shots there too!!
I was just watching TDK on my new TV again last night and the first batman scene in his old suit makes him look chubby too.. definitely not as slim as in the TDK suit. Also, man, in the scene where he showed up in the bank chatting up with Gorden I was like WTF happened to his face! Looks almost swollen and Bale didn't even look like Bale :D

You know, I think I am going to get the Medicom AND this one....some pics make it looks not so great, but others it looks pretty awesome. Might wait until in hand shots.

The first figure is pretty good, but this one improves a few things that really bothered me on the first.

1. Slope of the chest, not perfect, but much better.

DX02_TDK_Batman_05.jpg

2. Sculpt work on the portrait for v1 is a bit passive overall, especially now with the angry mouth for this one, but even the eyes and cowl overally just look more intense on the DX. Another aspect that all Batman's from HT seem to suffer from has finally been corrected, which is the cown nose sticking out too far from the face in a profile view, the first Begins, the TDK Begins and TDK v1 all suffered from this.

IMG_5174.JPG

3. The overall figure looks like a smaller body with a larger head proportionally, which it should, Bale's a smaller guy and the head looks too small compared to the body on the v1.

DX02_TDK_Batman_15.jpg

It's not absolutely accurracy like some would like, but at least between this and Medicom, there are 2 really nice TDK suit figures now and collectors have an option, where without the DX, the only real option would be Medicom, if you wanted one that looked as close to the film as a figure could.

uhmm but can they do 120 shipped?.... didn't think so i got one for that price.

Though Maul, I still wonder if the head will still look crap from side on view. It still has a v1 horrid look from the back side \_ rather than a nice curve.

Though Maul, I still wonder if the head will still look crap from side on view. It still has a v1 horrid look from the back side \_ rather than a nice curve.

Something like that, I can embrace. I'd have loved a proper neck into-head transition, but I realize that to make it articulated with a good range of motion, it's done like it is. Most of the things I consider off on the DX figure at this point, are ones that I realize are limits of being a figure. Clearly, v1 was just not their best effort, since the DX was achievable, but I do believe the DX is pretty much as good as you're going to get.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MED10229&mode=retail

$121 is not a bad price. I do not regret buying it for a second, and I have V1 TDK and have DX Batman on order.

Wow man, thanks for the link! :D

I've been trying to put my finger on what bugs me the most about this figure and you just nailed it! :banana

Something like that, I can embrace. I'd have loved a proper neck into-head transition, but I realize that to make it articulated with a good range of motion, it's done like it is. Most of the things I consider off on the DX figure at this point, are ones that I realize are limits of being a figure. Clearly, v1 was just not their best effort, since the DX was achievable, but I do believe the DX is pretty much as good as you're going to get.

BINGO. If you want poseable theres gonna be signs that the item is a toy. People want a flexible figure that also looks like a real human being from all angles in any pose. That just aint gonna happen. HT is creating probably the best figures... well, ever. Could more be changed? It always could. But changing one thing to make it better is almost always going to make another thing lose quality. I think this and the Joker figs balance all the aspects perfectly.

Indeed, I've pointed out places for tweaks and improvements, but it's things that I know are simply a matter of choice and not that it can't be done. I suggested accurracy for Two-Face's portrait, they could easily sculpt that more accurrate, if I thought it had to be like it is for some reason, I'd have said nothing.

Some things on this Batman have room for improvement that wouldn't atler the figural quality of the piece, but there are things that are the way they are because it's a figure.

I often see people looking for certain things to look closer to the real thing, yet often the reason they don't is because of the nature of it being a posable figure. There are statues and figures, statues can be fully accurrate because nothing moves, figures have to have concessions in order to retain the figure qualities.

Hot Toys actually developed their narrow shoulder True Type for the v1 Batman, I wonder if that's the body this is built around or if they even went further and built it on the slim. I'm sure once it's shipping and eBay has it parted out we'll see the body, unless HT releases something before then.

I often see people looking for certain things to look closer to the real thing, yet often the reason they don't is because of the nature of it being a posable figure. There are statues and figures, statues can be fully accurrate because nothing moves, figures have to have concessions in order to retain the figure qualities.

Even then, the statues I've seen of TDK aren't exactly stellar. They are just ok.

Even then, the statues I've seen of TDK aren't exactly stellar. They are just ok.

My thoughts exactly!! I think I joined this hobby at just the right time ! :D

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=MED10229&mode=retail

$121 is not a bad price. I do not regret buying it for a second, and I have V1 TDK and have DX Batman on order.

It goes for even less when BBTS has their 15% off sales. I got mine from them at $103.28 (plus shipping). Of course, this is if it's still in stock during their next sale. But I've seen it at least twice at that price!

Back