1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Actually, that part isn't really new. The mouth area's always been a plug in to the cowl, but before it was one expression and glued in, now there's 3 and they're just inserted.

I think MF is right here...its similar to the mandible system on the predator figs.

I did not know the existing Batman figure jaws were like that.

It is a little different to just glue in place and have fit correctly a permanent mouth piece, or develop a system whereby alternate mouth pieces can be interchanged with ease, leaving no gap and a perfect fit. I imagine, as lforigno said, this and the PERS within the cowl could cause set backs. Don't forsee any earlier than March/April either.

Im gonna pull my Bats out to make certain but it always seemed a little too clean around that mouth opening of the cowl to just be painted so when I saw it on the DX, I assumed it was like the pred mandible...there all along.

i'd like a bruce head, but i doubt it's going to happen

i'd like a bruce head, but i doubt it's going to happen

yeah..would love an acurate bruce head with pers too. it would realy(really) make up to the humongrous belt that i will have to live with.

just got my J.Connor few weeks ago. when i A-B it with my TDK original suit wayne head, Connor looks kinda like Bale but Wayne doesnt look anything like Bale(anymore)!

Last edited:

I did not know the existing Batman figure jaws were like that.

It is a little different to just glue in place and have fit correctly a permanent mouth piece, or develop a system whereby alternate mouth pieces can be interchanged with ease, leaving no gap and a perfect fit. I imagine, as lforigno said, this and the PERS within the cowl could cause set backs. Don't forsee any earlier than March/April either.

I'm not worried about it, I'm sure the glue is just an added measure to 110% guarantee it stays in, since it wasn't swappable, why not do an extra measure to keep it in, more like going above and beyond. I'm pretty sure the same exact method can be applied to the DX, just minus the glue part.

Overall, other than tweaking the proportions on the figure and changes like that, I'm confident with this figure, they should have PERS kinks worked out with Joker and everything about this figure is typical HT stuff. Even with Joker, the only "issue" I see delaying him is the PERS, everything else should only be related to requested updates.

Saying they should have PERS kinks out with Joker does not really apply here, as they have to figure out the mechanism within the cowl, without controlling the PERS via the removal hairpiece.

I am not worried about it, but these two things could easily cause delays, which I am not bothered by either. It will be worth the wait.

I don't think figuring out how to put PERS into the head will be complicated, that's been worked out in the prototype.

With the Joker, I think it could be cause for delay because tightness of elements and all the connections required to make the meachnism work, the factory guys may not get quite right or whatever and if the eyes flop around it won't work out very well. They may not even have delays with Joker because of that, could be paint or could just be that it took longer to make all the pieces in it than they expected, I just figured if something could cause a hickup with Joker, it'd be the PERS because it's the first production HT's ever done with the technology and when you break new ground like that, some unexpected things could happen.

How are the mouth pieces going to be held in there, anyone know? Click in? Magnet? The beloved velcro? :p Are we going to be able to push it out from the back? I'd hate for it to be in there snug and we have to gently lever it from the front around the sides, i could see a lot of people damaging their mouths

I believe if I remember right, you can see the back side of the mouth piece with the cowled head off the neck on the v1, so my guess is you pop the head off and push out from the inside.

Sweet, that would be easier, still kind of a pain in the behind to take the head off, but easier than the damaging way :p

Sweet, that would be easier, still kind of a pain in the behind to take the head off, but easier than the damaging way :p

You might be able to get a fingernail in between the flesh and cowl in the front, but I figure the other way is easiest for everyone, and HT heads pop off easy enough.

I'm sure the expectation is that people won't be swapping the mouths out very frequently so you can design the removal process around the looks more than the function.

HT heads pop off easy enough.

Not the ones I've taken off. My Bank Robber Joker's head was glued and my Narrow Body TT was a ^^^^^ to get off.

I don't think the connector is supposed to pop off on these things and all of them thus far (with the exception of the V1 Joker) have come off.

I should clarify, HT heads without necks pop off easy, the ball joint is very easy to remove heads with, the adapter for necked heads on the other hand, can be a pain.

To give you some visual reference to what maulfan has been talking about:
tdkmouth.jpg

Obviously on the original one, its glued, and when you pry it out, it wont stay back in without being reglued, i mean it will plug back in but its easily knocked out. Im sure they'll have some simple but good system for locking it in, maybe a magnet or maybe a better plug/peg dunno should be ok though. Without knowing how their PERS system works, i'd still anticipate its somewhere behind the eyes, and the mouth has no effect on that, the neck ball might but i dunno, also have to anticipate the light up head, and therefore a possible light up neck post like iron man...

thats pretty cool. To be honest now after I have seen that I am shocked no one tried to sculpt their own mouthpiece for the cowl before the DX was announced. I would have liked to see what someone would come up with.

thats pretty cool. To be honest now after I have seen that I am shocked no one tried to sculpt their own mouthpiece for the cowl before the DX was announced. I would have liked to see what someone would come up with.

That's what I have asked myself for two weeks ago and started to modify the mouth piece of my Bats. :D

I'm more hopeful now about the Sonar eyes not conflicting with the cowl design.

I'm not sure why we saw what looked like a wire running up into the head of the figure at Toy Hunters, maybe to make the floor model plugin so it can be run without worrying about dead batteries.

But, I recently saw images of the HT Iron man where the hands and head light up and are swappable.

What HT did was make the ball joint for the head transparent with the bulb in it, so when the head with ports for lights was on, it would glow through, so really, the only thing that has to be done on the Sonar head is a path from teh eyes to the ball joint to let the light go through, but the cowl can fit around the joint as tightly as the regular head.

Back