1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

I'm more hopeful now about the Sonar eyes not conflicting with the cowl design.

I'm not sure why we saw what looked like a wire running up into the head of the figure at Toy Hunters, maybe to make the floor model plugin so it can be run without worrying about dead batteries.

But, I recently saw images of the HT Iron man where the hands and head light up and are swappable.

What HT did was make the ball joint for the head transparent with the bulb in it, so when the head with ports for lights was on, it would glow through, so really, the only thing that has to be done on the Sonar head is a path from teh eyes to the ball joint to let the light go through, but the cowl can fit around the joint as tightly as the regular head.

Ironman has no wire showing at all... He has a light up ball joint inside his neck with clear eyes so the light comes through... I see Sonar Batman having the same light up ball joint neck and clear eyes only they will have a blue tint to turn the light blue of course as it was in the movie...

I know Iron man has no wires showing, I was referring to Batman, who in one shot from Toy Hunters, most definitely had something running up into his head, which had me worried the Sonar head would plug in like the Predator bio, since I hadn't seen the Iron Man setup yet, now that I've seen that, there's no reason Batman shouldn't be the same.

I think the pic in question had people thinking it was a cable but it was just the back of the neck, the first TDK had the same, it was just the angle of the shot.

That's the one, I guess I can see how it's the edge of the armor's spine, but it does almost look like a wire or some sort of rod running up into the head and had me worried.

That's the one, I guess I can see how it's the edge of the armor's spine, but it does almost look like a wire or some sort of rod running up into the head and had me worried.

I thought it was too. :lol

Better pic:

img1073.jpg

What made me think that it was a wire too was this official photo.

DX02_TDK_Batman_07.jpg

The head looks flush to the neck, where if that's not a wire and is the neck sculpt in the Toy Hunters shot, it's got a gap like the first TDK figure head, which i really hope doesn't end up the case in production, the first figure needs it to ride the pod so it's ok, but this one should just be made to look the best and that means the head running right into the neck.

For the price were paying on this one, Hot Toys should have Thrown in an extra Bruce wayne headsculpt as well. On the plus side this figure looks great!
Glad I pre-ordered this one!

Any updates on whether they are slimming down the body/chest or sticking with the V1 TDK body?

So the ones shown here are not the final version of the updated body rite? Cause it still looks bulky to me.

I believe they are the final updates, at least as far as any official word from HT is to have explained. from the sounds of some articles, it seems like HT did some early shots for this figure plopping parts of it onto the v1 body and had to state such, but these photos declaring a new body says to me the official HT product photos are the updated body. Again, that's in terms of clarification in the articles, whether HT goes even further based on fan feedback or not, who knows, but in terms of what they meant when it was said there'd be an updated body, I believe the official shots are it.

Updated body could mean a quite a number of things. They couldve meant that they updated the inner TT body with the ones that could light up. Which would mean I'd prolly pass on these, as I'm fine with my current TDK. I'd only buy these if they update the inner and outer body (slimmer). Because as cool the sonar eyes are, I won't be displaying him with the lights on.

I believe they are the final updates, at least as far as any official word from HT is to have explained. from the sounds of some articles, it seems like HT did some early shots for this figure plopping parts of it onto the v1 body and had to state such, but these photos declaring a new body says to me the official HT product photos are the updated body. Again, that's in terms of clarification in the articles, whether HT goes even further based on fan feedback or not, who knows, but in terms of what they meant when it was said there'd be an updated body, I believe the official shots are it.

It's clearly a slimmer body. It's proportionally very different. Did this awhile back. Still baffled at how anyone can think it's the same as the original release. This is also assuming they're about the same height which I think the new one might be a bit shorter.

TDK-comparison.png

The ones shown here are the final body, it is a newly developed body.

Slap a slimmer hanging cape on this guy, (takara-like), and he is going to look great. Notice from the toy show pics how he looks considerably less bulky without the thick cape.

It may be slimmer and newly developed but it still looks nothing like the film.

The ones shown here are the final body, it is a newly developed body.

Slap a slimmer hanging cape on this guy, (takara-like), and he is going to look great. Notice from the toy show pics how he looks considerably less bulky without the thick cape.
The thinner cape will help a bit but not much. He is STILL bulky as i've stated many many times.

I agree with u on this yellowjoshua.

It's clearly a slimmer body. It's proportionally very different. Did this awhile back. Still baffled at how anyone can think it's the same as the original release. This is also assuming they're about the same height which I think the new one might be a bit shorter.

TDK-comparison.png

You're right about that. And I'm baffled as well at how anyone could think that it looks "nothing like the film"...geez, I mean come on, a little judgment here please? While it may not be completely to-the-nanometer accurate, it's still pretty damn close. It's not like it looks like the ridiculous Adam West-days costume or something.

At some point, he will only look SO close to the film, and then the fact it's a figure will kick in. You're never going to make it look exactly like the film because there are limits to what you can do with the base body, and some of the things you could do with the armor, you might lose overall quality of the figure by doing those things too.

There are things like the neck-head attachment that could be more accurrate as a figure, but some things will just only come so close in the end.

At some point, he will only look SO close to the film, and then the fact it's a figure will kick in. You're never going to make it look exactly like the film because there are limits to what you can do with the base body, and some of the things you could do with the armor, you might lose overall quality of the figure by doing those things too.

There are things like the neck-head attachment that could be more accurrate as a figure, but some things will just only come so close in the end.

Yes, BUT, the Medi body proportions / armour are MUCH MUCH more film accurate.

If one could merge the Medi body with the DX head, you would get something quite close to accurate

Yes, BUT, the Medi body proportions / armour are MUCH MUCH more film accurate.

If one could merge the Medi body with the DX head, you would get something quite close to accurate

Couldn't agree more. I know there are poeple that don't like the Medi Bats but it was really accurate to the film. HT Bats is just missing that...something - I can't place it. Yes HT products are higher quality but Medi wins on accuracy with regards to the Dark Knight suit.

Back