1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Thanks for posting the article! Please allow me to translate bullet point 03 of the content as it may explain why the body still looks bulky.

[03. The shape and line of the new chest armor are more refined. The thickness proportion has also been re-calibrated. Many collectors may question HOT TOYS why there were so many errors or inaccuracy in the first version. The fact is, at the initial stage of the production, they were provided with limited reference materials by the film company. This tampered the decision making of the design team. This time around, there were sufficient and accurate information available for the DX02 version. So despite of the armor costume of the new figure in these pictures was still made with old parts, with HOT TOYS' recent positive attention to external feedback and continue pursuit of perfection, we believe everyone will have confidence in the DX02 final product.]

I don't think we have seen the new body yet ... keep our fingers cross!

Great! Thanks for taking the effort to translate that, alcalc.

haven't had the time to gather my thoughts and give feedback on this figure yet... but before i get bashed for beating a dead horse, is the critique session for this figure over?

haven't had the time to gather my thoughts and give feedback on this figure yet... but before i get bashed for beating a dead horse, is the critique session for this figure over?

Well the problems are still there.. but nothing NEW to be bashed about. I don't really want to BASH the figure or hottoys.. .as ..... who doesn't want a figure that is good enough right from the start?

I think most of us are just either waiting any improvements to be made and/or waiting the figure to be released ....

I'm hopeful that that article is fairly current and true, but I'm also confused by the whole situation.

If the currently photographed figure is slapped together from old parts with some slight fixes only, why the rush to show that off? Why give it to Tommy Richardson to photograph, why wouldn't they just wait until the figure was done and ready. We've been posting around here about the innaccurracy of the v1 since like the fall when we got it in hand, so it's not like they didn't know until after the DX photos went out, and surely they know the importance of accurracy and that people would buy a more accurrate TDK Batman months later too, why feel the need to put out photos soon just to solicit orders, if they're still developing this figure, whenever that's ready and can be shown off, the same ammount of people would likely order than as they have up until now off the early photos, probably even more people if the figure looked even better.

It'd be cool if the final figure is even more accurrate in its build, but between the extras and overall look of this figure and improvements over the v1, I'm still happy to get it as it looks in the photos to date.

Pre-emptive strike!?

I would imagine HT saw all the praise Medicom's version of the TDK suit Batman got. So why not make an early announcement to at least let potential customers know BEFORE buying the Medicom version that a new HT DX version would be available soon. We don't have access to that type of info but I'm curious how much, if at all, did the announcement of this DX TDK suit Batman cut into Medicom's sales for it's figure. Based off of comments on this board, I saw quite a few people stating they'd at least wait until seeing the final product from HT to decide. And that alone imo is worth it. Because this figure isn't coming out until next year, so even if it is inferior to Medicom's figure what's the chances of all those people who waited even FINDING a Medicom TDK Batman then!?

Pre-emptive strike!?

I would imagine HT saw all the praise Medicom's version of the TDK suit Batman got. So why not make an early announcement to at least let potential customers know BEFORE buying the Medicom version that a new HT DX version would be available soon. We don't have access to that type of info but I'm curious how much, if at all, did the announcement of this DX TDK suit Batman cut into Medicom's sales for it's figure. Based off of comments on this board, I saw quite a few people stating they'd at least wait until seeing the final product from HT to decide. And that alone imo is worth it. Because this figure isn't coming out until next year, so even if it is inferior to Medicom's figure what's the chances of all those people who waited even FINDING a Medicom TDK Batman then!?

that's exactly what I thought when I've read Maulfan's post. Before the DX was announced there was a huge amount of people here wanting the Medicom, cause it's the more accurate version of the Batmans. So they had to calm down the people of showing a not finished DX-Batman, just to show us that there is really a DX-Bat on the way.

But it's still strange... didn't Eddie Wong ask the HT people on their stand of the prototype-body and they answered him that this what he sees is the final? Maybe he has understood it wrong and it was an "isn't" and not "is". Mh, time will show...

But many thanks to alcalc for translating one part. Do you know perhaps if in that article is something about a new figure of the Dark Knight line?

But it's still strange... didn't Eddie Wong ask the HT people on their stand of the prototype-body and they answered him that this what he sees is the final? Maybe he has understood it wrong and it was an "isn't" and not "is". Mh, time will show...

Only thing I can think of is:

1. Eddie was right and what you see is what you get.

or..

2. The people he asked were talking out of their ass. Which is very possible. I doubt those people working the stands were high level HT employees who know what's what.

We'll just have to wait and see. Which sucks because if the DX Joker is any indication, we might not even see an update. It'll just ship and we'll see the finished product on ToyWorld or something. :lol

or..

2. The people he asked were talking out of their ass. Which is very possible. I doubt those people working the stands were high level HT employees who know what's what.

Well Eddie actually spoke to 'Frank' the CEO of HT Japan; so I guess he would kinda know what he's talking about. But, it could all be just spin........there is a long time between now and when the figure's released, I see HT making more alterations to the suit.

So despite of the armor costume of the new figure in these pictures was still made with old parts, with HOT TOYS' recent positive attention to external feedback and continue pursuit of perfection, we believe everyone will have confidence in the DX02 final product.]

I don't think we have seen the new body yet ... keep our fingers cross!

I believe this solely refers to the pictures in MILK magazine. The spec pics themselves showcase the new 'streamlined' body.

Eddie indeed spoke to HT CEO at the toy show and he confirmed that what we see is what we will get. However, seeing as there is still a good whiles until he comes out, perhaps HT will change their minds and retool him again.

I believe this solely refers to the pictures in MILK magazine. The spec pics themselves showcase the new 'streamlined' body.

Eddie indeed spoke to HT CEO at the toy show and he confirmed that what we see is what we will get. However, seeing as there is still a good whiles until he comes out, perhaps HT will change their minds and retool him again.

Too be truthful, I don’t think we can trust the statement made by the HT Japan CEO. I mean clearly the Thriller MJ displayed in the show was the old/first prototype yet the CEO confirmed that what we see is what we will get. In addition, on that same day, we actually got a look on the second prototype from wookster and HT HK which clearly negated the CEO statement. So, in short, we can’t really trust the words made by HT Japan CEO. No doubt, I think we will get some kind of change in the end; we just have to wait and see.

I guess that's a valid statement, but I forsee there being no changes to this figure before release.

l One features Parallel Eyeball Rolling System (PERS) and Translucent Iris
l Alternate head features the sonar vision device – light-up eyes (cell button battery operated- battery included)
l Three(3) interchangeable unique faces captured the Batman classic facial expressions, which fit for both two functional heads

Yeah I would take all of this over the V1 Batman any day... I mean you would rather be stuck with a non moving eye Batman with a Bruce head thats not very Bruce like if you ask me? Not to forget the sticky bomb gun as well...

Too be truthful, I don’t think we can trust the statement made by the HT Japan CEO. I mean clearly the Thriller MJ displayed in the show was the old/first prototype yet the CEO confirmed that what we see is what we will get. In addition, on that same day, we actually got a look on the second prototype from wookster and HT HK which clearly negated the CEO statement. So, in short, we can’t really trust the words made by HT Japan CEO. No doubt, I think we will get some kind of change in the end; we just have to wait and see.

fire him! :cuss

When around is this being released? and anything confirmed on the cape being around the length shown?(prefer it far more to the one that came with V1)

When around is this being released? and anything confirmed on the cape being around the length shown?(prefer it far more to the one that came with V1)

It was first said to be February of 2010 but honestly I do not think this will be released until Late March Early April. Just like the DX joker the DX batman is utilizing new techniques with the faceplate and peers as well along with sonar eyes. There will be a hickup or two along the way.

I do hope so, lforigno. Sometime in Q2 would be a nice date.

new techniques with the faceplate

Actually, that part isn't really new. The mouth area's always been a plug in to the cowl, but before it was one expression and glued in, now there's 3 and they're just inserted.

Back