1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

SDCC pics from Michael Crawford, www.mwctoys.com .

sdcc2009_dcd_figures_28.jpg

sdcc2009_dcd_figures_29.jpg

sdcc2009_dcd_figures_30.jpg

sdcc2009_dcd_figures_31.jpg

sdcc2009_dcd_figures_32.jpg

Seeing these con pictures, I can't help but wonder, are these floor samples not the same figure show in the official HT images. The silver parts just don't seem as prominent as they do in HT's photos, and seems like they're not even painted on the figure with the standard head.

DX02_TDK_Batman_16.jpg

Well, if you look at the chest armor on the SDCC display piece, it's also a darker, more subdued color than in the official HT photos. I'd chalk it up to the room lighting at the DCD booth.

But I guess it's always possible that HT has updated the paint apps. ?

it might just be my eyes, but from straight ahead photos, the chestpiece looks different in shape. the angles where it goes up toward the armpits look sharper in the promos.

edit: nah it's just my eyes, I just compared the pictures side by side.

Last edited:

It's possible the floor model isn't rigged with a power supply for the sonar eyes. They have these sent to DC direct and the 2 on display at the Tokyo Toy show, probably now at Toy Hunters, so this may be a quick body just to show off the pieces but not all the function.

I'm really loving the improvements to the nose on the new heads, it's much flatter to the head compared to the first TDK Batman and Begins cowls, HT always made them really pointy but looks much more accurrate now.

It's possible the floor model isn't rigged with a power supply for the sonar eyes. They have these sent to DC direct and the 2 on display at the Tokyo Toy show, probably now at Toy Hunters, so this may be a quick body just to show off the pieces but not all the function.

I'm really loving the improvements to the nose on the new heads, it's much flatter to the head compared to the first TDK Batman and Begins cowls, HT always made them really pointy but looks much more accurrate now.

No power supply? No problem, I say. Judging my experience with the HT Iron Man figures, I think the the sonar eyes could have been left on for at least a full day on the show floor. It wouldn't kill 'em to have a couple spare sets of button batteries on hand (or for HT to supply them).

As for the nose, yeah Im pretty happy with the way it (and the rest of the cowl) turned out. Some could argue that the nose is too flat. I won't, but some could.

No power supply? No problem, I say. Judging my experience with the HT Iron Man figures, I think the the sonar eyes could have been left on for at least a full day on the show floor. It wouldn't kill 'em to have a couple spare sets of button batteries on hand (or for HT to supply them).

What I'm saying is, the body the Sonar head is on may not have electronics built into it, it may just be a Batman body they rigged for floor model purposes with the intent of not turning on the lights. Since the floor models at shows and Toys Hunters never seem to be lit, it's quite possible HT just slapped together bodies with no electronics to plop the heads and gear on for the displays. There are 4 DX Batman bodies out their right now just for display purposes, probably easiest just to make them all the same and quickly with no electronics and keep that proto for photos and production reference.

after looking at the SDCC pics of this I decided I am not going to order unless it is changed in hand. I am not gonna complain because there is no point, so when it comes out and looks great I will definitely get one and if not oh well.

Yeah he looks very much on the bulky side again in the SDCC display. Ah sure I'll take it anyway, I've bought every other TDK item from Hot Toys. Was going to also get the Medicom but I'm spending too much money and besides which I always preferred the original batsuit anyway.

:rotfl
Every time I look at that sonar eyes pic I fall off my seat! I guess it'll look better when lit up.....

Really sorry and peeps are gonna freak but I hate that open mouth - looks stupid like he's got a fishing line caught in the corner and someone is yanking on the other end
and the sonar eyes are only eyes if lit up...you couldnt leave the sonar head on your fig when it is not lit (well obvs you could) but he wouldnt have eyes if you get me..he'd have big plastic buldging bits for eyes and I dont fancy constantly swapping the heads over. I haven't lit my Iron Man up for months so I don't know how excited I am for the sonar head. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Yes, you said that....

Lucky for you there are two other mouth sculpts that it comes with.

HOORAY!!

Ordered this but the more I look at it the more I want to cancel. To me it's still too much like my TDK figure I already have except for the sonar head and bomb gun. Suit to me still looks exactly the same. Is it really worth another $200 ???

Really sorry and peeps are gonna freak but I hate that open mouth - looks stupid like he's got a fishing line caught in the corner and someone is yanking on the other end
and the sonar eyes are only eyes if lit up...you couldnt leave the sonar head on your fig when it is not lit (well obvs you could) but he wouldnt have eyes if you get me..he'd have big plastic buldging bits for eyes and I dont fancy constantly swapping the heads over. I haven't lit my Iron Man up for months so I don't know how excited I am for the sonar head. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Exact reason why I would've preferred a BW head or a reduction in price as opposed to the sonar eyes.

Ordered this but the more I look at it the more I want to cancel. To me it's still too much like my TDK figure I already have except for the sonar head and bomb gun. Suit to me still looks exactly the same. Is it really worth another $200 ???

my god u're right..im sad to say that the more i look at this figure the more i hate it..it has the exact same reasons why i dislikes the V1..

to me it looked like the same figure(as the V1) with some new-same-ol goodies thrown in.
i really hope it wasnt a mistake preordering this guy.
HT is king when it comes to devalueing its own product.

now bite me.

Back