1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

This is my first transaction with them. I read where others (don't remember who) had good dealings with them.

I just went there to check it out Hottoys Batman for 96 dollars I learned once already that if a deal is to good to be true then it probally is just that to good. I would not order it until someone else here got theres from them because I was already ripped off once last year with a 100 dollar Hottoys Joker thats not gonna happen again. :mad:

I just went there to check it out Hottoys Batman for 96 dollars I learned once already that if a deal is to good to be true then it probally is just that to good. I would not order it until someone else here got theres from them because I was already ripped off once last year with a 100 dollar Hottoys Joker thats not gonna happen again. :mad:

Guess I'll be the guinea pig then.:lol

You said you lost a $100, was it through White Wizard?

well I saw my first TDK V1 figure today in a local comic shop... and i though it was amazing. Awesome detail... so this one with its improvements will just be mindblowing.

Only thing thats stopping me getting one (maybe) is that I think i still prefer the BB suit.. but doubt I'll be able to find one at a decent price lol

no matter how this figure comes out when it is released someone out there is gonna mod it just like the medicom was modded and will look much better when done correctly. I loved the medicom batman BUT only after I modded the hell out of it. I actually hated the production version of the medicom batman before hand but knew it had alot of potential. This DX batman already looks good and once it is modded because it will be once it comes out it will be perfect.

Sort of a newb question but can someone explain the PERS system to me. Do I have to change the direction of the eyes every time I want to repose the head or will the eyes work like those doll baby eyes that move in the direction of the head when it is tilted. Just curious about this system is all.

exactly how far do you think HT should slim down the DX batman body again?
i mean, its already slimmer than the previous MMS bats right?
the only think i could think of the DX being 'still fat' is the suit that has this optical effect of being 'fat' that makes the whole appearance fat. i don't know how to put this in words, so i'll just show you the picture. the keyword is 'layers'. you'll see what i mean
batw.jpg

Last edited:

no matter how this figure comes out when it is released someone out there is gonna mod it just like the medicom was modded and will look much better when done correctly. I loved the medicom batman BUT only after I modded the hell out of it. I actually hated the production version of the medicom batman before hand but knew it had alot of potential. This DX batman already looks good and once it is modded because it will be once it comes out it will be perfect.

I think I may just have to do this to the HT as I did with the Medicom if I pre-order it.

As some ppl here has said .. the main issue with the old HT and EVEN this new DX suit is it looks so rubbery .... I am not asking for 100% accuracy ... but at least make it NOT feel like rubber (the medicom one, although of course not perfect, did a better job to make the suit has a greater contrast between the different "materials"). I really do hope HT will change their mind and make changes.... making changes = making even more money in the long run HT .. please listen to us.. the flaws are pretty major..

Here, here on that one. I agree that the materials the suit is made out of need to be changed if possible HT.

This thing is fantastic:

3733729403_3149ac14b0_o.jpg

3733740473_86c435413d_o.jpg

3733729855_ceb1568c17_o.jpg

he dosen't have eyes!!! lol

and his open mouth really isn't a good look

and his shoulder pads are WAAYYY off

his cowl sculpt is excellent, I am really loving that

after seeing this pic

3734568456_577d94aaf8_o.jpg

...i'm definatly in for a pre-order. The cowl and the eyes are just amaaaazing, so life like... unbelievable! I also like the cape very much, looks really smooth, and I hope it's that long at the end. And as for the body, yeah, some little changes but still looks like V1. When the body is final, I don't need to purchase another figure to have one with the PERS-head and one with the sonar-head. I'm just taking the V1 body and put the sonar eyes on it.

But whats wrong with the neck with the sonar head? It looks so weird...

as quoted from eddiewong.net:
Also of note: I again had the chance to speak with Frank, HT Japan CEO, regarding this figure. Here’s the info:

Some people on some forums claimed to have read an article that the Batsuit featured in the promo shots of the figure is not final and that the new suit is still in development. The promo shots of the figure is supposedly wearing the exact same suit found on the original TDK Batman. Well, this is what Frank told me: the figure we see here is the final design. The suit is completely new. It is tighter. It has a different colour tint. What we see here is what we will get.

Now, here’s what I realised: the promo shots of the Batman does indeed feature the exact same suit that is on the Batman I see here at this exhibition. Now, I picked up a product brochure at the booth. The brochure has a page featuring the MMS DX Batman but the figure on this page, and one of the headsculpts, is that of the original TDK Batman. So, this leads me to believe, the so called ‘promo shots of the Batman wearing an old suit’ is referring to the pictures in the brochure that I picked up, not the promo shots.

Anyway, so to those that think the new suit on this new figure is not accurate enough and want a better suit, you can still hold onto the hope that maybe Frank is wrong. I mean, who knows, the figure is still half a year away. Good luck!

FANTASTIC pictures there ^ :D I personally don't see a single thing wrong with this figure - it is perfect in my eyes and I'm so excited about getting one - such a long wait for it though!!
To Thrustmaster: I don't think there's anything wrong with the neck at all on the sonar eyes figure there, it just looks posed at a bad angle. Looks like they have tilted the neck to the figures' left and then tilted the head up straight giving the neck an odd, almost bulging look. Just bad posing.

I will go with Eddie Wong's (Who has seen it in person) Description

Some people on some forums claimed to have read an article that the Batsuit featured in the promo shots of the figure is not final and that the new suit is still in development. The promo shots of the figure is supposedly wearing the exact same suit found on the original TDK Batman. Well, this is what Frank told me: the figure we see here is the final design. The suit is completely new. It is tighter. It has a different colour tint.

These newer pictures do make it look pretty damn good, but i still have issues with the neck, especially as someone said, the sonar headed one. Look at it, it looks dislocated and broken lol! And anorexic too

lol I'm sure the guys on here can decide for themselves wether to buy it or not.

This isn't a medi v. ht slagging match the comparison of the two figs is only natural

there are flaws with both figs but seeing as medi almost nailed it with their first attempt and HT now want MORE money as they fix mistakes (mistakes which still seem apparant) by releasing a second version - it is only natural we stay loyal to the medi

hopefully HT will improve the body / armour and give us the best fig possible

very well said josh!

Back