1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Perhaps I should have been more specific. No new body armour = no purchase.

The main issue I have with the V1 is that it looks like a rubber body suit. I want a new suit that looks like armour attached to an undersuit, like in the film. A new gun and headsculpt are not enough to get me to fork out the dough for a DX.

I still think it's new armour compared to the MMS. The chest for one thing certainly looks smaller/flatter to me. I could be wrong, but I think people are applying on comment directed specifically at one picture to all the pictures released.

The DX only selling point for me are the interchangeable faces! Proportions wise, I think Medicom still has the upper hand.

Would be interesting to see if I can match & match both figures together....hmm...

You, Voudon and some of the others seem to have some blind devotion to the Medicom Dark Knight.
I am not trying to be mean, but it's all coming across as people trying to convince themselves that this figure is a poor upgrade.
If your not impressed don't but it, simple as

You, Voudon and some of the others seem to have some blind devotion to the Medicom Dark Knight.
I am not trying to be mean, but it's all coming across as people trying to convince themselves that this figure is a poor upgrade.

lol I'm sure the guys on here can decide for themselves wether to buy it or not.

This isn't a medi v. ht slagging match the comparison of the two figs is only natural

there are flaws with both figs but seeing as medi almost nailed it with their first attempt and HT now want MORE money as they fix mistakes (mistakes which still seem apparant) by releasing a second version - it is only natural we stay loyal to the medi

hopefully HT will improve the body / armour and give us the best fig possible

yeah the body and armor sucks. hot toys figures are so unrealistic. GEEEEEEZZZ

lol I'm sure the guys on here can decide for themselves wether to buy it or not.

This isn't a medi v. ht slagging match the comparison of the two figs is only natural

there are flaws with both figs but seeing as medi almost nailed it with their first attempt and HT now want MORE money as they fix mistakes (mistakes which still seem apparant) by releasing a second version - it is only natural we stay loyal to the medi

I'm not comparing companies I'm comparing the figures.
I was not happy with Wolverine so I said my piece in that thread and I posted a message in Hot Toys facebook page, then left it at that. What do you know, new pictures have come out that show Hot Toys have nailed it, and now he's back on my want list.
I don't see the need to constantly bash a figure that's months away from production

You obviously never read my criticism towards Medicom and Hot Toys.

How does that make blind devotion towards Medicom?...

I want an accurate figure as the next guy here but neither company is supplying it.

I don't recall throwing a hissy fit saying I'm buying it, did you?... So I haven't a clue where you got all these assumptions.

When I didn't have the medicom in my hands, I also didn't want to hear something about the medi. I loved my HT TDK v1. But with the times I saw awesome pics from some members here, and snapped one. So I'm not a Medi-fanboy or something else. I had so many hopes on HT to bring us the best batman figure with their awesome material-qualities, but now when I read and see, that the DX will get only MINOR changes on the body and which is looking like the V1 I'm really disappointed. I also don't see why it should be a DX figure by the way. It has only a bit more accesoirces then the V1, but does this prove the DX-status and offering 200$+ for it? I don't think so.

As for the DX Joker I totally understand the DX-status, you'll get almost 2 figures + suit improvements...

And the DX Batman? You won't get a Bale head, and for that you'll get the sonar head and PERS is included and those mouth expressions aren't such a big deal. Even with your old V1 head you could change your mouth expression by taking the old one from the cowl.

I love both figures, the Medicom and my HT Batman, both aren't perfect, but still the Medicom beats even the DX one. So maybe I'm only tuning the Medicom one with some parts of the DX to get the best looking figure from both companies.

And I hate those Medicom vs. HT bash discussions... we should be really glad to have this competition in which both companies are pushing each other to give us the best looking figure. In the past you had the competition between the old HT begins and Takara. Takara have won their first game, but with the time HT released a more realistic and amazing figure, just to beat Takara. Now it's the same with the TDK-Line, HT released a good looking V1 Bats, Medicom released it after and it beats the old HT one and I thought that HT is now coming back again with their ultimate Bats, but after eddiewong has talked with the guys there, my hopes are now at a low level to get an improved slim body from HT.

I'm not comparing companies I'm comparing the figures.
I was not happy with Wolverine so I said my piece in that thread and I posted a message in Hot Toys facebook page, then left it at that. What do you know, new pictures have come out that show Hot Toys have nailed it, and now he's back on my want list.
I don't see the need to constantly bash a figure that's months away from production

lol why so serious?

If you want it buy it..if you don't .. then don't

:peace

After hearing the suit is the final version, I'm not sure I'm gonna pick this one up now especially since HT is making both a S.T.A.R.S. Chris and Wesker. I mean it does look better than the V1 TDK Bats but not enough to warrant me spending $200 for especially since it looks like the price of teh V1 Bats is gonna go down. As I said before the thing that irks me the most is the rubber suit looks like rubber and not mesh with armor attached and the carbon fiber on the rib peices is just painted on. If this is indeed the final product, I may just try to pick up a V1 Bats at a bargin.

After hearing the suit is the final version, I'm not sure I'm gonna pick this one up now especially since HT is making both a S.T.A.R.S. Chris and Wesker. I mean it does look better than the V1 TDK Bats but not enough to warrant me spending $200 for especially since it looks like the price of teh V1 Bats is gonna go down. As I said before the thing that irks me the most is the rubber suit looks like rubber and not mesh with armor attached and the carbon fiber on the rib peices is just painted on. If this is indeed the final product, I may just try to pick up a V1 Bats at a bargin.

Check here: https://www.whitewizardtoys.com/hottoysbatmandarkknight12batmanfigure-p-4050.html

I couldn't resist at that price so I snatched one.

Nailed what? I think it looks like a ken doll .................. you need to completely change the thing for it to look normal. Sculpt size, sculpt paint, cotton balls in HUGE legs. What? They got the "size" right? Coming from a Medicom figure it was a clear (midget related) accident.

With that all said the HT's V1 TDK is no better and this DX is not a must buy for me either. No company can seem to "nail" it.

Nailed what? I think it looks like a ken doll .................. you need to completely change the thing for it to look normal. Sculpt size, sculpt paint, cotton balls in HUGE legs. What? They got the "size" right? Coming from a Medicom figure it was a clear (midget related) accident.

With that all said the HT's V1 TDK is no better and this DX is not a must buy for me either. No company can seem to "nail" it.

medi almost nailed it with their first attempt

chill out babes, its just a figure

if you think it looks like a ken doll then great!:D
if it needs lots of mods then great!:D

I love mine wether you like it or not.

I'm so shocked that they made Batman Begins 99.9% perfect. Though they can't with TDK suit. I do wonder if what we want is actually going to cost too much money in the long run mounting a figure well above the $200 mark.

I can only assume this project is too complex for the budget thats set?... I'm probably so far off the mark. Who knows why. :s

I still say they should have left this until nearer the next film.

If they make a 3rd TDK suit come then I think I'm going to throw a hissy fit.

I'm so shocked that they made Batman Begins 99.9% perfect. Though they can't with TDK suit. I do wonder if what we want is actually going to cost too much money in the long run mounting a figure well above the $200 mark.

I can only assume this project is too complex for the budget thats set?... I'm probably so far off the mark. Who knows why. :s

I still say they should have left this until nearer the next film.

If they make a 3rd TDK suit come then I think I'm going to throw a hissy fit.

I think that is just the thing, maybe the technology will never exist, maybe the suit is that complicated to replicate? Either way their TDK line was decent, I can't afford the "perfect" TDK Batman and couldn't care less anymore.

After DX Joker I will not buy another thing from this line .............. even if they make a batman that bleeds real blood when you cut him, i'm still out.

I just want to see Rocky and Rambo DX already.

what they need is a to put out a DX Arnold terminator,one from both movies 1 and 2 and a nice looking repaint of t800 with a improved headsculpt.

Bit of a gutted feeling after hearing the suit isn't gonna change much...the headsculpts are fantastic but not that much better than the medicom...I guess purchasing a medicom has just become a little easier for me!

Not jumping the gun yet though, the body may still change. Which I think it probabaly will.

I'm sticking to what I said when I first saw the pics and specs. This thing is amazing. It is a must buy.

Dude what is with your obsession in Ken dolls? Maybe I should send you one for Christmas...

Back