1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

from toyworld

20090713_f57e32fe51769b713788bNg46PjDVGgd.jpg

Cool pic but is it just me or does he looks beefier here than in the official pics on the first page?

he does look beefier.... hot toys needs to make some serious body modifications

Why did you change the kevlar to a coppery look? Thats one of the parts where Medicom failed.

The kevlar is grey with a tinge of silver. HT currently has the true grey/silvery look.

I just hope he more poseable than the first one. Even if not I would still buy this dude.

I would like HT repaint the face :rolleyes:

djeezus, some people sure can ^^^^^ around

be happy HT is this far in the PRE PRODUCTION fase, this is a prototype and again: "product shown is not final"

:rolleyes:

Why did you change the kevlar to a coppery look? Thats one of the parts where Medicom failed.

The kevlar is grey with a tinge of silver. HT currently has the true grey/silvery look.

Yes Hot Toys got the correct color of the Kevlar , don't change it

djeezus, some people sure can ^^^^^ around

be happy HT is this far in the PRE PRODUCTION fase, this is a prototype and again: "product shown is not final"

:rolleyes:

I trust in HT. they will do a great job! I will buy it yes or yes :D

How thick was the DK original suit batman compared to the actual movie suit counterpart?

well i sent an email over to hot toys with some of the pics on this board and suggestions for changes which included:

- slimmer body and flatter chest
- V cut cape that is just a little bit shorter with also appropriate material
and I sent some of the links and just got a reply back. im not sure if this is just an auto-response or an actual response but here it is:

Hello,

Thanks for your valuable comment & support in Hot Toys products!
The information will be forwarded to our production team for their reference.

Please keep visiting our official website for getting our most updated news!

Best regards,
EF / Hot Toys

well i sent an email over to hot toys with some of the pics on this board and suggestions for changes which included:

and I sent some of the links and just got a reply back. im not sure if this is just an auto-response or an actual response but here it is:

Hello,

Best regards,
EF / Hot Toys

May be is an auto-response... Any ways thaks for sending them the email. Im sure they are going to make the best batman figure in history... :rolleyes:

Hello,

Best regards,
EF / Hot Toys

Hope you didn't send that coppery one.

How thick was the DK original suit batman compared to the actual movie suit counterpart?

It does look chunky. Err... I read that wrong... you mean Batman Begins?

Hello,

Best regards,
EF / Hot Toys

have you sent them also the pics from shhbane, especially the front view? Hope so, I fall in love with the modificated headsculpt, simply beautiful... :monkey3

I did not post the email I sent them, but I have not sent them any recent pics that has been posted on this thread.

Thats good because if you sent that coppery one then you would have sent off an inaccurate modifications.

Hello,

Best regards,
EF / Hot Toys

That sounds like and auto-response, anyway, I'm sure they'll take well note of it...

If you're referring to the Begins costume in the DK line, from the neck down looks just about perfect to me, the neck on the cowl was just a hair taller than it should be, but all in all, visually a great figure and representaion of the costume from the film. Cape could have been done a little different as well, but a minor thing.

As for the first TDK costume figure vs the film look, it's quite off, some of it to allow the figure to ride the pod, some of it is just off.

From a profile, Bale in the TDK suit is almost as flat as if he wasn't wearing a suit at all, it really is quite snug to his body, his head is about as big as the depth of his torso, on the figure, the torso is almost twice the depth of the head at the chest, there's a big slope from the neck to the tip of the chest, which in the movie was quite flat, the whole width of his body compared to his head is oversized.

While it's a great figure and the small details are pretty well done and his construction is really nice, the first TDK suit figure from HT was really off in representing the look of Bale in costume. Even if not 100% match to Bale in suit, the DX version is much better and the sharpest looking figure I've seen that comes closest to the film look.

I posted links from the thread and also mentioned how the body needs slimming. The chest also sticks out too far and needs to be flatter. I also mentioned how the arms are too thick and that the cape is too long and needs to be a little shorter and must have the V cut at the back of the neck. I have sent a few emails before to them and this is the first response I have gotten.

Err... I read that wrong... you mean Batman Begins?

Yeah. Everybody worships the suit on that figure but to me it looks slightly chunkier than its actual movie counterpart. Just like this DX TDK one.

Looking at the DK suit pictures you posted though, it looks like Hot Toys worked off of photos like those instead of movie stills. And who can blame them, you hardly see the suit details in the movie :lol

If you're referring to the Begins costume in the DK line, from the neck down looks just about perfect to me, the neck on the cowl was just a hair taller than it should be, but all in all, visually a great figure and representaion of the costume from the film. Cape could have been done a little different as well, but a minor thing.

As for the first TDK costume figure vs the film look, it's quite off, some of it to allow the figure to ride the pod, some of it is just off.

From a profile, Bale in the TDK suit is almost as flat as if he wasn't wearing a suit at all, it really is quite snug to his body, his head is about as big as the depth of his torso, on the figure, the torso is almost twice the depth of the head at the chest, there's a big slope from the neck to the tip of the chest, which in the movie was quite flat, the whole width of his body compared to his head is oversized.

While it's a great figure and the small details are pretty well done and his construction is really nice, the first TDK suit figure from HT was really off in representing the look of Bale in costume. Even if not 100% match to Bale in suit, the DX version is much better and the sharpest looking figure I've seen that comes closest to the film look.

Have you got yours out on display yet or still all boxed up?...

Back