1/6 MMS DX 02 - TDK- BATMAN full spec and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ Less
Have you tried slipping the collar that came with the Dx12 over the Dx02 neck to thicken it out, I know of a few people who did this on the 12 not sure if it will work on the 02 though. Also, yes the trick to making the Dx02 look good is head down/eyes up. Weird you had to shorten the belt though mine fit on the 02 just fine.

I figured. I own the Toy Fair and MMS67 and you can't pose those at all either.

As for the DX02, are the arms ok to move?

I cant get that much movement out of the arms, i previously owned the DX12 and it was much better articulation wise, the arms on the DX02 just like to keep pulling themsleves back inward for me :)

@ Less
Have you tried slipping the collar that came with the Dx12 over the Dx02 neck to thicken it out, I know of a few people who did this on the 12 not sure if it will work on the 02 though. Also, yes the trick to making the Dx02 look good is head down/eyes up. Weird you had to shorten the belt though mine fit on the 02 just fine.

I don't have a DX12, but I bought a DX12 Neck&Headsculpt (will be here in a couple of weeks).
I had to take out two segments of the belt. Fortunately, this is a very easy task. I understand the two belts that came with the DX12 have different sizes. The one that I have is slightly bigger. Although it was ok, tightening the belt was a good choice. It sits well now.

Regarding the articulation of the DX02:
The DX02 is one of the more difficult figures to articulate. The joints are not tight enough, so the suit will just un-bend/straighten the arms again.
It can be done, but not to extreme rates. I have mine posed in a relaxed pose anyway so that's not a problem for me

Yeah. It's like the TF suit, you would have to bend the arms "underneath" the suit in order to get certain poses, if you know what I mean. Like for the TF suit, I was able to carefully get the arm straight forward, parallel to the ground, you would have to slowly bend just the arm by itself, otherwise the suit will resist of course, and then let the suit adapt. It's hard to describe.

Ok, It always looked like the arms weren't rubber.

Yeah, my DX09 even had the bend back issue. I'm too worried to do any poses. My MMS67 Looks cool in a static pose, but at the same time It's no fun to always have him in the same pose. The DX02 just looks cool standing there.

Yep. The suit is rubber, the body underneath is like every other plastic body. Trick is just to carefully articulate the "body" or "arm" underneath, because if you do so with the suit as well, it'll resist OR you will risk tearing it. It will resist less if you can get the arm to where you want it, the rubber suit will follow and crease accordingly. The main thing preventing me from getting the DX02's arm parallel to the ground/90 degrees to the body was the shoulder pad armor part.

Yep. The suit is rubber, the body underneath is like every other plastic body. Trick is just to carefully articulate the "body" or "arm" underneath, because if you do so with the suit as well, it'll resist OR you will risk tearing it. It will resist less if you can get the arm to where you want it, the rubber suit will follow and crease accordingly. The main thing preventing me from getting the DX02's arm parallel to the ground/90 degrees to the body was the shoulder pad armor part.

I remember I had a similar issue with my DX09. I could tell the arm was facing the wrong way under the suit. I was always afraid to try and fix it until one day I couldn't stand it anymore. I carefully rotated it under the suit. Actually, it was quite easy. The DX09 suit was great to work with underneath.

Joining in on the DX 02 conversation a bit late, friends. But holy god does this figure live up to the legend that it's become! Just received mine in the mail today after getting him for a steal from a fellow collector and my mind is blown!

I do see some of the downfalls folks point out - like the giraffe neck for the sonar cowl and the fears associated with the rubber suit. But overall this guy is amazing and easily makes the list of my Top 5 favorites. I'll be uploading some pics of him soon next to his DX 12 successor very soon.

I just got my DX02 this past weekend and I love it! I think he beats out the DX12 in my favorites list. The cowl is better IMO and the rubber suit just feels cool when you hold it. It does suck for posing and is scary to move it around, but it's still pretty awesome. I wanna try putting the extra belt from DX12 on him but I saw in an earlier post that the DX12's belts are a little too long. Also, does anybody else have a problem with the wrist pegs coming out with the hands when you try to switch them? Mine do and they are a pain in the butt to pull them out of the hands.

I will try the DX12 belt on him then. It looks much better than the brown DX02 belt :yuck. But the pliers won't damage the pegs or hands? I've been told to try and use a hair dryer to soften them up. Does that work too?

That works too. I usually just use the pliers to hold the peg and I wiggle the hand out myself with my own fingers, but heating it up does help soften it. You could also throw it in hot water for a few seconds as well.

That works too. I usually just use the pliers to hold the peg and I wiggle the hand out myself with my own fingers, but heating it up does help soften it. You could also throw it in hot water for a few seconds as well.

Be carefull. That's exactly the way I broke two pegs on the DX02. They break really easily. I bought an extra pair, so I'm fine again.
My method is using a small spoon (a chemist scoopula to be precise) and pry them out gently.
Otherwise I just work them out gently but firmly with my fingers which is a little time consuming

Be carefull. That's exactly the way I broke two pegs on the DX02. They break really easily. I bought an extra pair, so I'm fine again.
My method is using a small spoon (a chemist scoopula to be precise) and pry them out gently.
Otherwise I just work them out gently but firmly with my fingers which is a little time consuming

I think I'll just use a hair dryer and pull them out.

They should come with extra pegs. Almost all HTs come with extra pegs, I have so many of them just in case. Make use of them, haha!

I bought the figure used off of a fellow Freak and all 4 pegs were in use. So now I need to remove the extra 2.

Just drop the hand with the peg into hot water and leave for about 30 sec, it will pop right out easy. No need for pliers

Back